Eric Cantor goes to Wall Street: Should politicians quit public service jobs for lucrative private jobs?

• Need to quit early.

Yes, politicians should quit public service jobs for lucrative private jobs, because we are better off without career politicians. Career politicians start off poor but end up being millionaires because of crony capitalism. We are better off voting them out after a period of time so that they have to remember what the private sector is like.

• Yes, they should.

I don't believe that all politicians should quit their jobs, but I think if they want to do that they absolutely be able to without judgment. A lot of people make career moves based on income and I don't think a politicians should be judged any harsher than an average person.

• Yes, I think if they can get the job then why not.

Yes, I think if they can get the job then why not. I don't mind anyone working and feeding their family any way they want. I think politicians have a unique position and if they want to use it to gain a bigger and better job then its fine with me.

• No, A politician's job is to serve the public.

Anybody who goes into politics should be prepared to serve the public. I don't believe that a politician will be able to spend enough time focusing on their constituents while maintaining a private sector job. They should be focused on the voters, not on increasing the size of their checkbooks.