Eric McCormack studied mime: Are mimes losing their popularity in an outspoken world?

• It is a pineapple that my dad ate his sandwhich

You you you you you you um um um um um um um um um um um um um um um mum mom mom mom mom mom mom mom mom mom mom mom mom mom a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

• It's a shame that silence is now uncool.

I really hate the fact that vintage in vaudevillian entertainment types like mine are almost completely obsolete in today's world. To be a mime is to understand the art form of communicating nonverbally. 20 years ago in America, it was considered Barash to simply spout out whatever it was one was thinking. Now, it has become commonplace. If mime were to become an entertainment form again, I think people would generally learn

• Mimes are weird

Mimes are weird, creepy and old fashioned. I understand that they love their job and if they really do enjoy it than god bless and keep it up but it's important to understand that miming is loosing it's popularity all over America and most people find it weird and disturbing.

• Mime Acts are Out of Date

In modern day society, with the ever evolving and diverse entertainment available, mime acts no longer have a place. As children are growing up with more technology available to them, less imagination is involved in their play. This has resulted in adults expecting to have their entertainment in a format which offers them the full experience as opposed to appealing purely to their sense of sight.

• Yes, the world is changing.

Yes, mimes are losing popularity in today's world. Humans evolve and change as the years pass, what was once popular 5 years ago or even 5 months ago may not be popular today. As we evolve, we become more complex in our interests and therefore require more intricate entertainment. Simple stories and jokes no longer cut it.

• Yes, I believe they are.

I don't think mimes were ever very popular to begin with in the United States. But I do believe that they will become a lost art form soon because we have much more entertaining forms of communication. We have no need for silent movies anymore either. I believe that this is just what happens when technology progresses.