Everyone should go to church or participate in religion

Asked by: LEEDANIEL
  • It is just another part of being a god, moral citizen

Having a church upbringing instills morals and values that yiu carry with you for the rest of your life. Even if you weren't brought up in church, it is still morally beneficial spiritually. However the biggest concern should be his salvation and relationship with God that is the whole reason for ping to church, to have fellowship with other believers. God bless.

• Yes they should,

Yes they should i am saying should not might. Its my opinion that every body should had religion if someone don't want then its his or her right. Its my personal opinion religion is necessary the right one. Go for it search check and accept if not find good one still its up-to u to throw away.

• Every one should go to church or participate in religion yes or no

In a recent issue of Christianity Today, for example, Ed Stetzer wrote an article entitled, "The State of the Church in America: Hint: It's Not Dying." He states: "The church is not dying... Yes... In a transition... But transitioning is not the same as dying."

Really? What cartoons have you been watching?

Clearly, the Church is dying. Do your research, Mr. Stetzer. According to the Hartford Institute of Religion Research, more than 40 percent of Americans "say" they go to church weekly. As it turns out, however, less than 20 percent are actually in church. In other words, more than 80 percent of Americans are finding more fulfilling things to do on weekends.

Furthermore, somewhere between 4,000 and 7,000 churches close their doors every year. Southern Baptist researcher, Thom Rainer, in a recent article entitled "13 Issues for Churches in 2013" puts the estimate higher. He says between 8,000 and 10,000 churches will likely close this year.

• What's the point?

There is no point in going to church or joining any religion which worships invisible supernatural idols. They only cause their members to become trapped in religious rituals and traditions. They follow invisible supernatural entities and live in false hopes of entering some dream land where they live happily ever after, when they die.
    Religion gives people false hopes and promotes idolatry.

• I might say the opposite

You see religion as organized in its churches is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world. Every moral progress in the world has been opposed by the organized churches in the world. The diminution of war, the end of slavery in america and elsewhere, every improvement in criminal law and tons more have all been opposed by the organized churches of the world. With that in mind one has no choice but to come to the conclusion that religion is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world. Its insanely dangerous. Do we really want people who think a rape victim should have to marry her attacker and never divorce him to think they know right from wrong or do we want them to actually learn right from wrong. It takes years and tons of focussed independent thought to come up with a good FAIR morality. And accepting a morality at your mothers knee when your a freaking child isnt cutting it. Thanks to you most people have horrible moralities.

• I do not believe everyone should be forced to believe in a superficial fairy tale.

There are countless of reasons why I personally disagree of this statement.
    1. I believe everyone should have the freedom of speech, which includes the freedom of beliefs.
    2. Just because you're religious doesn't mean you have morals. Statistically speaking, religious people are more apt to murder or kill than non-religious people.
    3. I believe people should be able to do as they want also, not be forced to go watch an hour long ritual.

So for my final answer: No, people should not be forced to believe in a deity or be forced to participate in this nonsense.

• No they shouldn't have to

I think they shouldn't have to because it is that person's choice to do whatever he or she or it wants to do. It's all up to that person's choices or opinions. Why should they be forced to do something that they don't believe is the right thing to do?

• No one should tell me I belong in any religion.

My choice to not follow any religion is just as mighty important as the selection of one. If you believe there is a God or Gods, that's up to you. I won't despise you for it (no matter how I view religion). I have the right to believe there is/are no God(s). Atheists are not inferior. We have a different set of beliefs that don't include divinities. And that should be respected as well.

• No, Not Necessarily

Organized religion quite simply isn't for everybody. There are plenty of people who choose not to participate, and there shouldn't be any issue with that. The church should be a welcome place of compassion, and saying that everyone should abide by religious statutes would only alienate some people. As a Christian, I think that religion should make every effort to share God's love, however, mandating church attendance would miss that mark in spades.