• This is getting annoying

I don't know how many times we are going to have this opinion poll. People voting no seem very dogmatic since they fail the recognize all the evidence pointing towards evolution. It is both sad and surprising that there are so many of them.I don't think they even read the arguments anymore, I just think they like showing their ignorance - as crazy as this sounds...

Yes, i'm running out of patience

• It is a fact.

There's a lot of supporting evidence involved in the theory of us evolving from apes. We look very similar to apes, we have almost all the same body parts as apes, our bone structures are very similar to apes, it's not a theory it's a fact. What else is there to prove?

• It's Basically Fact

First, I'm a Christian. Second, I believe that evolution is scientifically accurate, to a point where it is beyond contestation. Technically, you can make an argument that it is strictly defined as a theory, but the only reason this definition holds up is because science cannot replicate this process at will. For all intents and purposes, evolution is supported as factual, and there is no substantial evidence disproving the scientific legitimacy of this "theory." Basically, unless you intend to split hairs, the theory of evolution is a fact.

• Evolution is true but it does not mean that there is no God, or any other supreme being

There have been many arguments regarding this topic. What people fail to realize is the possibility that both theories are true. The holes in the theory can be supported by religion. Where did we get our single-celled organisms that started it all? God. Even the highest leader of the Catholic Church, the Pope, said it himself "God did not wave a magic wand". He supports the theory of evolution. There are too many evidences in the theory of evolution to disregard, however, that does not many that there is no Supreme Being over us.

• Evolution has too much evidence to be false

We know for a fact evolution happens, and has happened, and probably will continue to happen people arguing otherwise are usually religious fanatics who don't genuinely understand evolution, it's hard for people like that to see the evidence when they have the presupposition 'god did it'. Therefore stop putting no, you morons.

• Ignorance is bliss isn't it creationists?

It doesn't matter what the opposition says for two reasons. The first is simple, everyone believes the medieval ages happened but none of us alive have seen it, except through castles, artifacts, etc..., in comparison on a larger scale none of us alive have seen the evolution happen in a tangible enough way for us to be totally satisfying by itself, but we have the bones. We can draw the lines from changes within a species. I would go into massive detail about the anthropology but most of you like to make arguments out of ignorance or desire to be difficult. This stuff is just so damn straight forward and undeniable that when you say evolution isn't a fact, you simply rob yourself of the piece of mind that knowing facts can provide.

• It definitely is a fact

Saying no would be like saying dinosaurs never existed. Scientists find fossil records, and fossil records speak for themselves. We have skulls of species that do not exist anymore and look very similar to human skulls. 99% of our DNA is shared with monkeys, so how does that fact not show that monkeys and humans originated from the same thing?

• It is a fact.

People who say no have little to no knowledge of science and I believe most of their ignorance is not entirely their fault it's upbringing. No evolution is not just talking monkeys. No we are not directly linked to all current existing species but that does not mean it is not true.

Let me simplify in a way people might eventually understand using an example of the moth. (I can't remember the exact name of the moth in this example but this is a true example that has happened right before our eyes).

Evolution is exactly as the quote goes "survival of fittest".

There is a tree moth who lives in a forest. This moth lives on the surrounding trees and has the matching bark pattern on it's wings so that it can camouflage with the tree to avoid predators. The factory pollutes the forest so now the trees are a different grayish color. The original patterned moths die because they are no longer camouflaged, but they give birth sometimes to moths with black wings which help them blend with the polluted trees. The black moths in the past died because they stood out on the trees so they were not able to reproduce and pass on their genes. However, now the gene is beneficial to them as they can camouflage. So the original brown moths die and the black moths live and can reproduce and create more black moths. When the forest is cleaned the black moths die and brown moths flourish once again.

Evolution is just that mutations that are beneficial. Not every baby is going to have the same mutation so it will die or will remain the same and survive. Evolution happens over many many many years, so we have many new sub species and even new species appear. Some are so far apart that the link may not seem apparent but it still all stems from the first single celled organisms that existed. This has been proven time and time again.

Even to date babies that are at a genetic disadvantage die and do not live to reproduce. Trisomy three x chromosomes, many babies with down syndrome, etc. However if we were to give birth to a mutation that was beneficial that baby would survive and be able to spread it's genes and give birth to perhaps another mutated baby and thus evolution continues as it does today, but very slowly. Nothing happens over night.

So people please don't bash something you don'e understand. I hope someone reads this and I can at least flip one uneducated person into understanding how evolution works and why it is indeed a fact.

• It is a fact.

• Evolution is a fact :

1 - we can't absorve it
    2 - we don't have any known species that changed throught "evolution" from a 'kind" to another "kind" in just 3 million years
    3 - if there was really "clear" evidence on evolution why don't we have alot of "evidence" like lucy , we should at least have a 1000 skeleton like lucy , why just 3 ?

• One big hole in the theory

The theory of evolution makes a lot of sense to me- I believe it myself. However, as a Christian I believe that God created life. One of my friends, who is an astronomy & planetary studies professor, was an atheist before going into his field but now says evidence overwhelmingly points to life being created by a sentient being. Evolutionists dismiss creationists as believers in "magic" or "nonsense," but their theory for how life began is just as stupid. You expect me to believe a "big bang" created a solar system out of nothing, then a bunch of rocks ran into each other to create our planet and somehow life magically came into being without any of the components necessary for life? Please. Evolution is real, but the beginning of life as evolutionists view it makes less sense than a supreme being creating life.

• Its a theory not a fact

Some of the parts have yet to be proved although as a whole it makes Sense. I'd say 60% factual and 40% theory. 27 more words needed..... The wheels on the bus go round and round....Round and round... Round and round....The wheels on the bus go round and round...All...Through the

• Evolution is a theory

Do me a favor:
    1. Get a pen & paper
    2. Write the number one
    3. Write down 40,000 zeros

These are the odds of life forming by natural processes.

Evolutionist Michael Denton: "The complexity of the simplest known type of cell is so great that it is impossible to accept that such an object could have been thrown together suddenly by some kind of freakish, vastly improbable, event. Such an occurrence would be indistinguishable from a miracle."

"All living things are extremely complex, even the tiniest single-celled animals and bacteria. However, none surpasses the overall complexity of the human being. Not only is each person constructed of trillions of molecules and cells, but the human brain alone is filled with billions of cells forming trillions of trillions of connections. The design of the human brain is truly awesome and beyond our understanding. Every cubic inch of the human brain contains at least 100 million nerve cells interconnected by 10 thousand miles of fibers."

Here's a few facts for you:

- During all recorded human history, there has never been a substantiated case of a living thing being produced from anything other than another living thing.

- As yet, evolutionism has not produced a scientifically credible explanation for the origin of such immense complexities as DNA, the human brain, and many elements of the cosmos.

- there is no scientific proof that life did (or ever could) evolve into existence from non-living matter. Further, there is substantial evidence that spontaneous generation is impossible. Only DNA is known to produce DNA. No chemical interaction of molecules has even come close to producing this ultra-complex code which is so essential to all known life.

If you're curious on where I got my facts, I got them here:
    http://www.Scienceforums.Net/topic/67884-what-are-the-odds-of-life-evolving-by-chance-alone/

• Evolution is a wrong theory!

If it was true, so why humans never found a man/woman in a cage in the zoo (instead of a monkey or a gorilla) ?
    Why other gorillas did not develop to become human beings? And how did they succeed to still existed and not to extinct yet?

The sons of Adam are honored by the God and Creator of this world -- Allah --,, and never were animals!!

• Noo no no

No just no so if you think that monkeys became humans then answer me this where did the monkeys come from if you say big bang i will how did that happen I could do this all day it's not when I see it I'll believe it and if it hasn't been proven then you can't say it's true.

• A theory can never become fact

In Science, a theory is an idea about how the world might work. In order to support a theory, evidence can be gained that make that theory more probable. But science is induction, not deduction. At no point can it be considered to have a 100% probability of being correct, but it can get very, very close.

• There's a problem with this theory.

This theory seems very plausible and it is true that we humans do resemble apes. However, the one major issue I have regarding evolution does not revolve around God or any sort of religion. Evolution is defined as a gradual development. Now, we've all seen the picture of the monkey/ape turning into a human. What about the "creature" (for lack of better words) that is in the middle of all that. If evolution was a fact then there would be these "in-between" half-human, half-ape things all around. Evolution does not just happen overnight; therefore, for this to be true, we would be seeing the middle stages of evolution in the world today. And that's something we don't see.

• Evolution is unprovable and unrealistic

As almost everyone here has already admitted, it is impossible for evolution to truly become seen as 'fact' - at least, not for several million years, if we start a study now - because you can't observe it happening. This, however, is a bit pedantic, and avoids the real purpose of the question.
    Think about what evolution entails. Individuals with helpful features live longer and produce more offspring than those without them, thus passing on these features to the next generation. That bit is fair enough - anyone can tell that's what happens.
    But obviously, for a new species to come out of this, new features need to be brought into existence. Scientists claim this happens through mutations.
    And this is where the evolutionist argument falls down.
    For one thing, mutations are quite rare. Mutations which actually affect the carrier are even rarer. Mutations which affect the carrier in a positive way are nigh on nonexistent.
    Consider, too, that to create a new species, there would need to be hundreds - no, thousands - of these helpful mutations.
    There have been an almost incalculable number of species extant at any given time over the past few million years. That's a practically infinite number of lucky mutations.
    This kind of thing just doesn't happen.

• To many holes in this Theory.

The fossil "record" has many holes in it, they have not found the gradual changes between all the dinosaurs. Also stating we are alike in DNA is completely false, if we are all alike in DNA we would have the same chromosome count, or how did we get the number of chromosomes we did.
    - Corruption: Corruption is key in evolutions theory is corruption, "Nebraska man" is a key point of corruption, that was a pig tooth and scientist's went crazy, like they did with the "Brontosaurus" it was fake it was a head and a tail of two different dinosaurs.
    - Science can never be complete truth, I can't prove I'm actually alive.

• It is a scientific theory

I'm not sure if it is a fact or not, but it is a scientific theory. A scientific theory attempts to explain a natural occurrence via the scientific method and observation. Theories are often modified as time goes on. Evolution is still being modified as we learn more about stuff. For example, even just a few years ago we had this junk DNA that we thought was useless. However some time later we discovered uses for it, in areas like development of heart cells. So yeah.