• Because science has proven it

Science has proven nothing about creationism to be real. We have lots of physical, historical, and scientific evidence that evolution is real. There is no evidence that creationism is real. And we already know that evolution exists. Because evolution exists we know humans evolved from monkey like species. We know that mammals evolved from post Cretaceous reptiles. We have been able to trace back where animals came from and that has been a breakthrough in science and enabled us to learn so much more.

• Evolution is established science.

Creationism is Bronze Age mythology.
    Evolution is supported by over a century and a half of hard, scientific evidence. Creationism is supported by a flawed religious text and the belief of the credulous.

At this point, evolution is so heavily supported that evolution denial is the equivalent of denying the Earth revolves around the sun.

• Evolution has always taken place

People who argue Creationism don't realize that everything they argue about came about due to evolution. They say the human body was made perfect. However, if we trace back the human body did not start in the perfect state it is now. It took years, centuries, of evolution to make it this way. Also, denying evolution is like saying dogs aren't descendants of wolves, because dog breeding applies the same principles of evolution. They take two dogs with a desirable trait and mate them until that desirable trait becomes a constant.

• “Even Einstien believed in God, and he understood more about the univers [sic] that anyone on the otherside [sic] of this argument”

Ummmm, no.

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."
    Albert Einstein in a letter to Joseph Dispentiere, 1954

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These subtilised interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text."
    Albert Einstein in a letter to Beatrice Frohlich, 1952

I am pretty sure your invocation of Albert Einstein as a supporter of your view that our understanding of biological functions should come from a collection of honourable but still primitive legends is misplaced.

• Survey Says... Yes.

Evolution is the most important scientific theory of the past 200 years. It radically changed the face of science, and continues to do so. Thousands of papers on evolution have been published and reviewed, and no one has come even close to refuting this revolutionary principle. If you have evidence of something else, then go publish a paper on it, and, provided it makes it past peer review, collect your Nobel Prize. We have cold hard evidence for evolution, and no evidence for creationism.

• Creationalism is embarrassing

You wouldn't believe that in the 21st century there are still people who think our bare existence was created just 6,000 years ago, surely we have more common sense alone than that. Is it not enough for people to know that we are extraordinary creations from the billions of years of miraculous evolution from a simple organism to a complex one through countless steps of failure and success without having to believe some strange man in the sky did it all pretty recent. We are as science has now been so kind to prove with evidence I won't bother going into here (go read Richard Dawkins 'The Greatest Show on Earth' for that) that we have evolved into what we are today through sharing common ancestors with millions of species some now alive some now extinct. In this day you just cannot put up a good enough argument for creationalism anymore it's outdated and ignorant to the facts science has so kindly provided us with through years of research and hard work. But those damn history deniers who call them selves creationalists I leave you with this, if god created Adam and Eve directly by hand, where did they have the genes and DNA to produce their children, surely DNA can only be passed down through generations? People say how can time create such a complex human being even in billions of years but I would reply saying you did it yourself, and you did it in just 9 months.

• We need to have an open mind.

Personally, I think that the reason many people believe in creationism is because they have been taught this by others around them. In this day and age, people are not encouraged to have their own opinions after doing their own investigations, but rather to accept what they are taught by their parents/peers/family. After my own thought and research, I personally have concluded that I believe that Evolution is true while Creationism isn't.

• Interpretation of evidence

I don't want to be taken wrong so I'll start with this. My family is Catholic, I respect the moral code of Christianity, and believe the Bible may contain valuable life lessons, if it is taken with a grain of salt. I even think it's okay to believe every random assertion from the Bible if that's what floats your boat, but you cannot claim it to be SCIENCE.

No, we cannot disprove creationism, but neither can we disprove that the Illuminati killed JFK, that Michael Jackson is still alive, or that dinosaurs were kidnapped by giant space monkeys who are training an army to conquer the universe. Need I go on?

Creationists keep dismissing evidence of evolution and then saying there is no evidence. When scientists hypothesize that species X evolved into species Z, creationists argue there is no transitional fossil. When a fossil Y is found which appears to be a missing link between X and Y, they rant on about how there are no transitional fossils between X and Y, and Y and Z.

The theory of evolution makes relatively accurate predictions and is therefore more useful as a scientific theory. E.g. the prediction that transitional fossils between fish and amphibians or between reptiles and birds existed preceded the discovery of said fossils. Young earth creationism is not only unable to make accurate predictions, but people have to come up with excuses and assumptions every time counter evidence is found.

Al the evidence we have is supporting the theory of evolution. There is no evidence to support young earth creationism. To interpret the current evidence to be consistent with YEC would require an unbelievably (pun intended) big set of assumptions, which would be shred to pieces by Occam's razor.

Some people say that living beings are too complicated to pop into existence from nothing. Well, according to the theory of evolution, they didn't. It was quite a gradual process that took about four billion years, the first forms of life were little more complicated than soap bubbles in your bath. Over time, natural selection favoured complexity. This doesn't yet touch the deeper flaw in this reasoning: God Himself seems to be a lot more complicated than anything on this Earth, If life is too complex to come into existence from nothing, He surely is.

• Even the National Academy of Sciences rejects Creationism

Even before discussing why Creationism is not scientific and the piles of evidence for Evolution. 98% of the National Academy of Sciences rejects religious claims and accepts Evolution through Natural Selection. The 2% still do not support Creationism, the 2% are Nobel prize winners who study in fields of sciences that does not conflict with their beliefs but so far, there is no member of the National Academy of Sciences that also supports Creationism.

• Evidence Versus Faith.

We have yet to find any evidence showing creationism to be a valid theory of which we came to be, meanwhile a plethora of scientific and historic evidence supporting evolution in uncovered daily, and although I can certainly be wrong in agreeing with Darwinian Evolution, I find merit in a theory with a significant amount of supporting evidence over a blind faith in an old text, and attempting to prove faith with science is thereby abandoning said faith.

• I believe in creationism

Because there are simply just so many evidences of it. Intelligent design is everywhere in this vast dynamic world. To say everything evolved is complete nonsense. Everything must be built, made, and created somehow. That's how it is in every day life, for the simplest of things, so there's no reason it shouldn't be exactly like that for something as vast as our magnificent earth.

• Darwin himself belived

That we didn't just evolve from mud, he new something had created us. Whether that be God, hala, some sort of cosmic energy or aliens it doesn't really matter. Something had to have started it all. Even Einstien believed in God, and he understood more about the univers that anyone on the otherside of this argument

• Why Is this a yes OR no question? Why not both?!?

I am Voting "No", not for any purposes except that it is in the minority and I really want this message to be seen. The Theory of Evolution and Creationism can both coexist harmoniously which is a major problem most people don't think about these days. Many of my "Christian" friends are extremely ignorant and refuse to believe in evolution because they believe in contradicts with the bible, and many of my "Atheist" friends are also ignorant by believing that Evolution completely refutes the Bible and its weird theory of Creationism. I Believe in Theistic Evolution, a theory that religious teachings about God are compatible with modern scientific understanding about biological evolution. That all aside, I am really disappointed that most people have to take extremes on either side and still to this day can't find a reasonable compromise between the two theories.

As Patrick Star once said, "The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma." (Sorry, I just had to put this in here even though it has absolutely nothing to do with this topic)

• Evolve ? Why not everything else in the last few million years?

They say we started out as organisms, some say from the water to land. And then from ape to man. I just want to know if we did evolve like this, then why in the millions of years since hasn't he gorillas evolved ? Or any other animal. I just can't believe, bang", and then all we know of modern man came from this. Just my opinion. I don't think anyone really knows how we got here, or everything that brought us to this point. Science has mostly theories about this, not facts.

• The question is too vague

I am not really sure what to make of this question. Are we referring to Young Earth Creationism here?
    If that's the case, I'm with the evolutionists.

Other than that, I don't see how the two are mutually exclusive. They're simply not.
    Evolution does not disprove a creator, and the existence of a creator does not contradict evolution.
    I chose Creationism because I believe in a creator, and the fact that the side is so under-represented.

• Everyone it brain-washed

Although I respect the other sides theorys I believe they are not true see, adaptation is proven I know that but evolution on the other hand seems a little far fetched, anyway first of all, billions of years old vs. Six thousand years old. In billions of years we would be gone, now I have a friend who is an evolutionist so I have both perspectives we had a long conversation about our beliefs, I'm sorry I'm kind of all over the place but that's how I think. Now in my book God made everything, in yours nothing made everything, sounds a little silly doesn't it and before you all start arguing yes I know how your story goes. See know there are so many kids who are being influenced by this for example, I know two people who are god fearing Christians yet when I asked them how old the earth was they said quote "I think the earth it about three billion years old" and at the time I thought "wow" so I thought about it and realized there was a lot of people Christian people who believed that because in school that's what they were told. Thank you for and God bless you

Ps I'm eleven

• Common sense people

It doesn't make sense for there to be even a Big Bang and suddenly every atom getting together to make gas balls and rocks. Neither does it make sense to say that dinosaurs, some big scary creature becoming a little chicken. Compare those two animals, completely different bodies, different bone structure and all of that. Really, think clearly for a sec here.

• Common sense people

• God created the human species through evolution.

In the bible it says God created the world in seven days. But remember folks, this was before the concept of "days" even existed. I like to think that this is a sort of metaphor. God created the universe in seven days, but back then seven "days" could've been a trillion trillion years. God createde the universe. Who's to say he didn't do it with the Big bang? He created the humans and all the other animals. Who's to say he didn't use evolution to do so? We have to remember the bible is not necessarily a literal story of what happened.

• Creationism is RIGHT.

Look at the world around you! HOW ON EARTH COULD IT HAVE COME INTO CREATION BY CHANCE? Where are all the transitional fossils? Why aren't we still evolving? If we evolved from monkeys, why do monkeys still exist? Why didn't they evolve more? How on earth do you think the world is billions and billions of years old? What proof do you even have?