Excluding threat to self, rape and incest, is aborting a child wrong? Are there any possible valid reasons excluding the ones mentioned?

Asked by: Talib.ul-Ilm
  • Yeah, if a woman doesn't want a baby she doesn't want a baby.

It's not like anybody is doing anything wrong by doing abortion. The fetus isn't even really alive yet, I wouldn't say it's murder. If a woman is young, and isn't ready to have a child, she shouldn't have to. If a woman can't pay child support, she should be allowed to get an abortion.

• A woman's body is her own-not the government's!

Disallowing abortion is roughly equivalent to saying: "Even though this is your body, we are controlling what you can or cannot do with it.". It is almost a form of ownership. Aborting a FETUS is not wrong, because there are reasons such as not being financially able to care for a child, not being ready, or simply not wanting to carry a child in your body for nine months. Having a baby can be a loving and amazing experience, but it should not be one that is forced on women.

• This question is so malformed. I answer no to the first part and yes to the second.

My stance is that assertion should be allowed under any circumstances. If a embryo, fetus, etc. Is aborted, it does not have the mental capacity to recognize what is going to happen it so it won't really matter in the end since it was never really properly alive in the first place. So my argument is more or less a variant of the "no harm, no foul" idea. To force anybody to be a parent is parental slavery and is a very literal example of forced labor.

• Abortion Is a Personal Decision

For me, outside of threats to myself, rape, or incest - I personally would not consider abortion. However, that is my personal belief and my personal morals at work. I believe others can justify other reasons why they would want to obtain an abortion. I don't feel like it's right for me to claim that my values or thoughts are superior to someone else. I don't want my distaste for abortion to impact some ones life in a negative way and I certainly don't expect people to morph to my moral beliefs, because everyone is entitled to an opinion.

• Yes, abortion is wrong and there are no reasons to abort a child.

I believe that it is wrong to abort a child, excluding threat to self, rape and incest. There are no possible valid reasons for abortion. It is wrong. It is killing a child. It is taking a life. It is murder. The problem is people use abortion as a form of birth control which is an awful thing.

• Yes after a point

I think that aborting a child is wrong after they have developed to a certain point. I do see the exceptions being made for the reasons you listed, although incest is a bit of a cop out because the person is actively engaging in incest of their own will and then killing the result.

• I believe that there are possible valid reasons for a woman to have an abortion.

I believe that there are possible valid reasons for a woman
    to have an abortion. Maybe she feels
    like she is not financially stable enough to provide a decent life for a
    baby. But the issue here is that a woman
    should be free to choose what she wants to do with her own body.

• There are countless valid reasons excluding exceptional circumstances.

Many of people con abortion believe that we justify aborting a child based on rare circumstances. This is not the case, I believe there is one valid reason that sums up the entirety of the for abortion argument. This reason simply being that the woman doesn't want a baby. May I point out that, at the time of legal abortion, a baby as such has not developed, instead it is simply cells, multiplying and dividing, without the ability to feel pain.

• No, selfishness and irresponsibility are the only reasons to abort after that.

When you exclude threat to self, rape and incest, there is no longer any justifiable reasons to abort a child other than being selfish. It's absolutely wrong after this point without debate. If you didn't want the child, you should not have had sex, you should have used protection, you should have been responsible.

• Severe disformities or disorders can also warrant an abortion.

Excluding the health of the mother, rape, and incest, severe disformities or disorders of the fetus can also warrant an abortion. In these cases if the child were to be carried to term he or she would suffer from harsh disabilities and/or probable death at a very young age. Besides the obvious suffering of the child, the parents may be unable to cope emotionally and financially with such a burden.

Jager says2013-06-07T18:31:16.997
Being for abortion used to be mainstream, so I was against it. Now that it seems like more people are for abortion, I've had to teconsider and I now realize that abortion is actually wrong. ~50% of the 75% of people who say yes