FBI has one of almost every gun ever made for research purposes: Is the FBI the most knowledgeable about weapons?

• Yes, I think so.

The FBI is the most knowledgeable about weapons because it is their job to study them and keep them. They have to be able to keep us safe in the event of an emergency, so it's important that they know what kinds of guns exist. That way, they can know how to react if a violence incident occurs.

• I don't know

Other than weapons makers, I suppose it's possible they are body of experts on firearms and melee weapons. It's their business to know how guns work and which ones are on the market, legitimate or otherwise. So it makes sense that the FBI would amass a pool of weapons as examplars.

• yes there are.

The FBI or their weapons division is very knowledgeable about weapons. IF they can study all the weapons that have ever been made, they have more knowledge about weapons than any other person or group of people. The fact that they keep much of their knowledge secret also gives them an edge.

• It's their job.

Yes, the FBI is the most knowledgeable about weapons because it is their job to study them and keep them. They have to be able to keep us safe in the event of an emergency, so it's important that they know what kinds of guns exist. That way, they can know how to react if a violence incident occurs.