Former NFL coach Buddy Ryan has died. Will he go down as the greatest defensive mind in NFL history?

• Yes, Buddy Ryan left his mark on NFL history.

Ryan is know for ability to make his team a great defensive team. Ryan was the creator of what is known as the 46 defense. As defensive line coach of the New York Jets, Ryan was able to secure a victory over the Colts in Super Bowl III in 1968. Ryan also coached the Chicago Bears who became a dominant force on the football field. He then went on to secure a victory in Super Bowl XX with the Chicago Bears. Ryan also created great defensive line on the Philadelphia Eagles.

• I really can't answer this question one way or another because I don't follow sports but its possible.

If he was good as a defensive person in the game and knew defensive strategy and possibly even created some of his own that are widely used to this day I don't see why he couldn't become the greatest defensive mind in NFL history. I wouldn't really know one way or another since I don't follow sports.

• Former NFL coach Buddy Ryan will go down as the greatest defensive mind in NFL history.

Former NFL coach Buddy Ryan will go down as the greatest defensive mind in NFL history. He is best remembered for coaching of the defense, because of him the 1985 Bears were considered one of the best teams in the history of NFL. Buddy Ryan will always be remembered, by his supporters as well as his opponents.

• Yes, former NFL coach Buddy Ryan will go down as the greatest defensive mind in NFL history.

Yes, former National Football League coach Buddy Ryan will go down as the greatest defensive mind in NFL history. He is celebrated for his coaching attitudes and philosophies, but in specific regard to defense, according to a statement from the Buffalo Bills, where his sons continue his coaching legacy, his defense strategies are still incorporated into today's game play.