Former Secretary of State Colin Powell said "The Boys in Tehran Know Israel Has 200 Nukes Pointed at Them." Is this a sufficient deterrent to stop Iran from developing a nuclear weapon?

• Yes, this is a sufficient deterrent to stop Iran from developing a nuclear weapon.

Yes, this is a sufficient deterrent to stop Iran from developing a nuclear weapon because it shows that the world is keeping a close eye on those who attempt to build weapons of mass destruction. Iran knows what would come of a nuclear war and will therefore change their course.

• No, it is not a sufficient deterrent.

No, it is not a sufficient deterrent. Iran knows that Israel would not use nuclear weapons willy-nilly. With nukes, there is mutually insured destruction. Once one nuke goes off, it will start a chain reaction and life as we know it will be over. This is why pointing nukes at other countries will not deter them from their actions.

• If anything it's more encouragement

Iran isn't stupid. They can look around the world and see the writing on the wall. If you don't have nukes, you are a potential target for the United States. If you DO have nukes, then you're taken seriously and have a seat at the bargaining table. If I were in Iran's position, I would be working as hard as I could to develop a nuclear weapon.

• I don't think so

I'd like to believe that the threat of nuclear attack would be enough to keep Iran from developing a nuclear weapon, but I don't think that will work. Even so, I hope that no country is crazy enough to actually use a nuclear weapon against another. The consequences would be devastating.