Fort Hood shooting: Is the US Army doing enough to help soldiers with PTSD and other mental trauma?

• No, troops need to be evaluted more often for PTSD.

The Army most take care of it's troops both before and after problems occur. Once the troops get home and are suffering they are often over looked. The Army owes these troops a great deal and that will forever be their responsibility. PTSD is very serious and needs to be closely monitored always.

• Army and PTSD

When soldiers are sent overseas, they are encountering things in our worst nightmare couldn't imagine, so when they are over there they are over there for months to a year or more, so when these soldiers come back to the states it's going to take a lot longer than a week for them to be healed, they are going to need months of healing, because they think that they are still in a war zone.

• No, not at all.

The suicide rate for military veterans is astronomically high. As a veteran myself, I know of two people who have committed suicide and several other friends suffering from PTSD. There must be more attention devoted to these people, and it needs to be readily available at all times. It is no joke

• No, the Army doesn't realize how serious this is.

No, I don't think the US Army is doing enough to help soldiers with PTSD or any other mental trauma. The Army has always had a tough, macho image where you stood up and took life like a man. I don't think the Army realizes that society has changed. Young men and women are no longer able to go into combat and shake it off as their duty. I think the Army will need to re evaluate combat stress in general.

ararmer1919 says2014-04-05T03:48:21.690
Umm... The dude in the recent fort hood shooting wasn't suffering from PTSD.