Fox and ABC are ahead of CBS in terms of diversity on television. Should a greater effort be made to reach out to minorities?

• Yes, there needs to be a greater effort

Minorities are still left out of most media, which makes sense since they aren't the majority, but it impacts them negatively and excludes thousands upon thousands of potential customers, viewers, and the like. It would be a progressive social step forward, and a smart business move, to reach out to minorities more.

• Yes, media should represent society as a whole.

Everyone from women to people of color to the GLBT population is underrepresented in media, which includes news sources. Many minorities are also growing populations in the country. The population deserves equal representation to not only connect with viewers and keep them interested but to also fully represent one of the most diverse nations in the world and show children that they can grow up to be whomever they wish to be.

• Yes, more effort should be made to reach out to minorities on TV

I am completely supportive of a more diverse TV landscape. While Fox and ABC are doing a great job of making their programs more reflective of the way America looks and sounds today, other networks such as CBS need to step up to the plate. It's clear that the TV audience is hungry for programs that respond authentically to their experiences, and networks need to satisfy that appetite.

• Let me see if I understand this question...

Essentially, should we throw acting merits and positive trending sketch and screenwriting material out the window and focus more on...The color of people's skin? Or their life choices?

Well, homosexuality for one is already incredibly over represented in the media. If you went my week night comedy shows, you would believe that in real life, 1 in 4 people in the world are homosexuals. When in reality its more like less than 2% of the world's population.

Besides, isn't television supposed to be...Fictional? Who cares if it is indicative of real life? What self-respecting parent lets children learn their morals, values, and views of the world from television? Television doesn't have a responsibility to do anything more than entertain.

• No, lack of diversity is just scratching the surface.

I would love to see an investigation into the number of network programming heads that are nonwhite males. It seems no matter what network you turn to every show centers around or caters to the white homosexual or lesbian audience. Homosexuality must be a huge part of white culture because it is prevalent in every show you see on broadcast tv . I would love for someone to explain that while downplaying the race issues in the entertainment industry. Name one African American head of programming.