Frequency Illusion (Baader-Meinhof phenomenon): Do you believe this exists?

• Frequency illusion and its relation to determinism

I would have to agree to a very strong extent that this theory is correct. There is little room for doubt, considering how we (as humans) have been unable to wrap our head around certain theorem of quantum phenomena and how our minds perceive these theorem. In my opinion this almost goes hand in hand with the theory of determinism, and how neurologists have actually seen our subconscious make decisions much before our conscious will realize it. This explains how our conscious can most of the time just be an illusion and that the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon can explain how certain words or visuals can plant ideas into our subconscious.

• To some extent, yes

Frequency Illusion is real to the extent that we selectively focus on something as we become more aware of it. If you're hungry, you'll notice food, photos of food, recipes about food, grocery store circulars, smells etc. Now that your brain is attuned to it, you'll notice it more often.

• Yes, Frequency Illusion is one of the many quirks of the human mind.

When humans are first introduced to an object, symbol or idea they began to see it everywhere. This is not chance, or mere phenomenon but innate curiosity that fills the mind after it experiences new situations. The Frequency Illusion (Baader-Meinhof phenomonon) is hard wired into the human brain from birth

• Yes, I think we have a case of a synchronous Baader-Meinhof effect.

I had this kind of thing when encountering some new words in English. I found and understood their meaning and then it suddenly started to appear everywhere.. Literally everywhere.. songs on the radio, books, newspapers.. weird but interesting. The only thing interesting about this “phenomenon” is that somebody thought it deserved a name.. so the more recently you experience something the more you notice it.

• People are vulnerable to the power of suggestion.

A frequent saying by psychology professors is that when a psychology student sees a list of symptoms of various mental illnesses and the student realizes he has some of those symptoms he thinks he has mental illness. People tend to associate with the power of suggestion and can sometimes assume the worst or the best based on what they hear.

• It doesn't exist:

I think that the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon does not exist because most people will read about the illusion, and then suddenly think: "Oh! Hey! There's that illusion again!". But the truth probably is that they see a word or a thing, and where they didn't see anything before, they only notice it now. It's no illusion, or coincidence. You just notice it after you hear a certain word.