• People should be happy

Why do traditional marriage be accepted by same-sex marriage shouldn't. We all have the right to be happy. Why can you judge people cause if your catholic the bible says you cant not judge. Who are you to judge someone. Same-sex marriage should have the same rights as traditional marriage

• Slippery slope is stupid.

Look, slippery slope only works if there is an indefinite stopping point. The stopping point after gay marriage is clear. Consent. Any people that can give consent should be able to get married. Children cannot give proper consent, and animals and drunk chicks cannot give consent. This argument is ridiculous.

• WHY should we

We should be able to because we know them and we really care about them. Even if they are the same sex. It should not be up to your parents who you marry. It should be up to you. I know parents want their kids to be happy. Also if you think about they want to make are own decisions how can if they wont let us.

• B/c it should

Gay marriage should be legalized because who cares what Christians and homophobes think? People should be aloud to marry who they love. We don't criticize the hetero marriages that end in divorce. We don't criticize the prostitutes of America. Or the drug dealers. Or anything like that. Why should we stop people from marrying the same sex as them?

• Gay marriage AND polygamy ought to be legal.

Yep. I support both and its not a one justifies the other argument. If consenting adults, gay or straight, wish to enter into a marriage contract, that's their business, be it a couple or more -- its not society's or government's place to put restrictions on such unions.

Again, this isn't the slippery slope argument. I believe in freedom from all forms of government repression when parties are not causing net harm to society. And no, Im not a polygamist.

• What right do they have to take away rights?

I may not be religious, but i respect every religion so long as they respect others. The bible is fine and dandy, but where in the constitution does it say ANYTHING about god. The word god is not said even once, but i quote "all men are created equal" is said. Gay marriage isn't special rights it's equal rights, special rights are for political churches that don't pay taxes. I have a question to Christians and homophobic though. Why do you care? What effect does Gays getting married have on you at all? You don't have to show up. Gays don't bang in the streets why are you so hateful to them? I hate to break it to you but men and woman marriage doesn't work all the time. The men beat the woman, the woman use the men. Every gay couple I've seen has always been much better than any male and female relationship. Gays don't choose to be gay you may argue that's wrong but why would someone want to be oppressed? Long story short just legalize it already. We don't even know if god i real are you going to oppress people because your faith says so? Hell even if god was real i would rebel. For the creator of the world and people he sure does have a lot of hate for people doesn't he?

• Religion should not be a part of it.

It may go against religion, but religion should not be allowed to intrude into matters of discrimination or co-existence. The bible no longer rules the world, nor does any religious scripture and therefore should not dictate the views of what is legal in today's society, or else we would still be confined to the Dark Ages.

Posted by: uRev
  • Yes to Gay marriage

I cannot think of one logical reason why gay people should not be allowed to get married. They enter into strong relationships just like straight couples, and some might marry for the wrong reasons, which is still something straight couples do. Gays should have the same rights as straight couples.

• Gay marriage should be legal

Religion shouldn't be relevant. Marriage isn't just a Christian thing, despite its Christian roots. It's global now. Oh, Christians, have you noticed that the human race is moving and evolving? You can't use your religion to tell others what to do. Everyone has the right to live their own lives. Marriage is spanning across all religions and beliefs (many of which support gays).

And homophobes...Just get a life.

• It is the same thing as a black person who by the law can't vote

Jesus said all his brothers were created equal Same with the Declaration of Independence. We hold these truths to be self-evident, THAT ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL!!! In 1863, President Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation, saying all races were created equal.100 years later, in 1963, Dr. Martin Luther King ,Jr spoke about equality. It's only far the young people decide who to love without the government saying no.

• Marriage isn't about loving the one and only person in your life forever.

Marriage is a concept that really and ultimately has nothing to do with loving one other person forever. It is really about procreation and stable family relationship. It is also about lines of genetic inheritance, property inheritance and, of course, most importantly, fecundity. Gay marriage is nonsensical, because it uproots all the basic fundamental properties of "marriage." Marriage has existed in this context for at least 6000 years. Now if two men or two women want to exist in a sustained loving relationship for a lengthy period of tome, there is really no problem. Let them enjoy all the governmental benefits, and penalties the same as heterosexual folks. Just don't do a redefinition of marriage.

• Gay marriage shouldn't be legal

No I don't think gay marriage should be legal. No one wants to see penises being thrust into other men's butt holes. Lesbian marriage on the other hand is absolutely amazing to watch and beat off to. It has two v's instead off two l's being used in it. I love it.

• The bible says

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, passive homosexual partners, practicing homosexuals, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, the verbally abusive, and swindlers will not inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9, 10 NET) and I believe what the bible says

• The bible says

Marriage she be between a man and a woman. God created Adam and Eve for a reason. Homosexuality is a sin, and if you're following in Gods word and in what the Bible says, then gay marriage shouldn't be allowed. Homosexuals tend to have more sexual partners increasing diseases. Legalizing gay marriage is saying that this sin is okay

• EVERYONE Can Marry Someone Of The Opposite Gender

There is NO law which says "people who are attracted to someone of the same gender cannot get married". There is also NO law that says " you must get married". In fact, EVERYONE has EQUAL rights to stay single or to get married, provided they marry someone of the opposite gender. Since the law applies equally to everyone, there is no reason the government should waste time changing it.

• Should not be legal.

Many Gays use the words "if you love someone you should marry them" Well should a sister and sister marry? A brother and sister? Mom and son? You might say well "the kids might have problems" What if there was a law that stated if they can't have kids? Plus I want to marry my dog...Why cant i? You gays go away.

• It goes against my religion

Quite bluntly it goes against what i was raised to believe, and those like me need to be represented. Unnatural things go on in brains of people considered "gay". As a proven fact gay brains are in some ways altered. Having an alteration made to your brain makes you fit the discription of either crazy or retarded. 10% of Washington D.C. Claims to be gay, and they seem to all fit that description.

GodIsAlive says2013-12-04T19:35:28.183
I am a Christian. I love God with all of my heart, soul, and mind. I love people....All people :) I don't care what you've done in your past, I care about what you're doing now, ya know? However, I need to say this out of love and nothing else. The Bible says to judge with "right judgment" - John 7:24. When the Bible says not to judge, it's either talking about not judging those within the Church (who are saved) or being hypocritical when you judge (Matthew 7:1-5) :) I'm telling you out of love, that i want you go to Heaven. I want you all to be there SO BAD. But practicing homosexuality is a sin..I didn't say that, God said it; His Word says it- 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. I HAVE to tell you all, because I want you to be where I'm going, Lord willing. So i urge you, I urge you to be saved; repent and be baptized for the forgiveness of your sins (Acts 2:38; 22:16). Join Christ and let's all get to Heaven to see Him :) God Bless