• It's just right

20% of the world population is attracted to their gender. That' s something that people can no longer ignore. I believe in rights for everyone no matter their sexual orientation. I thought that people were against segregation but the fact that only 17 states in the US have legalized gay marriage is ridiculous!! It is unconstitutional. It is segregation. It is just plain wrong.

• Yes it is harmless

Gay marriage should be legalized in the US. Gay people are simply looking for basic rights that are afforded to most Americans. Their actions are not hurting anyone. Their actions are not even affecting anyone else. Gay people would like to live their lives like everyone else and we should not stop them.

• Immediately and swiftly!

Gay marriage is the same as straight marriage - the fact that the couple is the same gender doesn't change the fact that they are consenting adults, attracted to each other, and in love. This is what marriage is supposed to promote, and usually these couples are ready and willing to adopt a child and start a family. What's the problem?

• Gay marriage should be legalized.

Homosexuals are entitled to every right as other people. They should not be discriminated against just because they are homosexual. The right to get married is an important civil right. The eventual legalization of gay marriage will be an important step in the civil rights movement. Most states are moving towards this in recent years.

• Gay marriage should be legalized.

Gay marriage should be legalized. I think that it is wrong that only a few states are allowing this and I think it should not be an issue. I believe that anyone should be allowed to get married if they want to without the fear of being judged. I think that they should be given the same benefits as anyone else.

• Yes it should.

I believe that gay marriage should be legalized because they deserve the same treatment as straight people. I was reading an article yesterday about gay marriage and I couldn't believe the comments. Many people were quoting bible scripture. The thing to remember is that America is not governed by the bible, which is a matter of interpretation anyway.

• Absolutely It Should

Gay marriage needs to be legalized. It's a constitutional matter of equal rights. The government is not in the business of codifying religious values; it is in the business of ensuring equal rights for everybody. In 20 years, this will be a mute issue in the same way that interracial marriage is moot issue, legally.

• Legalize Gay Marriage

Marriage, as controlled by the state, has been turned into a method for the United States government to tax people at a higher rate. If gay couples would like to pay higher taxes and identify as married on tax forms, then they should be allowed to do it. Marriage is more than a piece of paper.

• Yes, gay marriage should be legalized.

I believe that gay marriage should be legalized. Gays and lesbians are becoming more and more accepted in society and so this marriage should be legal. If two people love each other they should be able to get married. Gay couples have proven to be just as committed and loving as heterosexual couples.

• Just get over it

Marriage is between two people. There are people who are saying that marriage is between a man and a woman, it has always been like that, we can't change it, this easily explains why blacks and whites can't marry, a man owns their wife, a man can have multiple wives, divorce is illegal. We are in the 21st century, we have to MOVE ON sometime. There is also the arguments about religion. Really!!! Religion should stay completely out of law, particularly in a multicultural country. I repeat we need to get over it and move on.

• Homosexuality Itself Does Not Sustain the Human Race

The standard for human sexuality is simple. While heterosexuality is a sustainable method for mankind, homosexuality is not because it is not natural. For example, if everyone was lesbian or gay, the human race would never be able to reproduce, and we would become extinct. Even if homosexuals can reproduce offsprings, they will still have to rely on, or go through some route of fertilization between the two sexes. Therefore, although the world cannot survive with homosexuality alone, it can survive with heterosexuality alone. In other words, the world would no longer be able to sustain itself through homosexuality because only heterosexuals can create a generation of humans one after the other, and preserve the human race. Therefore, homosexuality is not the best choice for future society, and we should not make it a legal standard for humans.

• This is a senseless question.

What does legalization really mean?

I can't recall any gay persons being arrested, imprisoned or being fined for making a life long commitment to another gay person. So what does it mean to say gay marriage is not already legal?

What does marriage mean?

Depends on your personal beliefs and your culture. Is it the life-long commitment? Is it the ceremony? Is is a piece of paper from a public official? Is it the conferring of special privileges because you got the blessing of the State?

The first two- commitment and ceremony-- are human rights. No one can give or take those away.

The second two are societal.

I don't think the gay community approached this the correct way. Rather than fight to have the blessing of the State to openly marry, I would prefer to see the gay community openly marry and send the FU message we don't need your approval or special privileges afforded straight couple who marry to proclaim our marriage as valid.

Rather than "legalizing" gay marriage; I would prefer to have all marriage "de-legalized"-- in other word who you commit to, and what ceremony you choose is no business of any public official, and no public official should bestow special privileges because of being married.