Genetic screening: Is genetic engineering dealing with embryos that are non-human, opposed to "living human beings", making it acceptable to treat "rejected" embryos without too much concern?

• Genetic Engineering Done With Respect

I do not believe that there is a difference in status between the samples gathered from umbilical cords from "living human beings" and "rejected" non-human embryos. I believe that both beings should be considered human and treated with the same respect and I believe that there are enough rules and regulations so that genetic engineering is being done carefully and thoughtfully.

• No, they are human.

Not acceptable to treat rejected embryos as non-human, because they are human. Regardless of a person's personal position on the issue, when life begins is a sensitive topic for many people. It is good for the industry to treat the matter sensitively and show respect for the process. It is important not to offend others and show respect for human life, no matter how small.