Germany forced many homosexuals to finish their sentences: Do you think being homosexual is a personal choice?

• No, being homosexual is not a personal choice.

No, being homosexual is not a personal choice. The sexuality of all people exists along a continuum, ranging from completely homosexual to completely heterosexual. Most people fall somewhere in between. Homosexuality itself is based on a person's genetics rather than on the person's simply deciding to be gay. It is simply a natural variation and shouldn't be punished.

• Being homosexual is not a personal choice

Being homosexual is not a personal choice. The reality, based on science, is that people are born homosexual. Sure, there may be instances where people can cherry pick a case of choice being the standard. But, time to put that nonsense aside an realize that this is all backed up by science.

• No, I do not think being homosexual is a personal choice.

No, I do not think being homosexual is a personal choice. From my own viewpoint, I could not willingly choose to change who I am attracted to and frankly, would not want to. Therefore, I do not believe that people choose their sexuality, especially with how people who deviate from the norm are treated.

• Not a choice at all

As far as I'm aware, being homosexual is not usually a lifestyle choice. It's as much a genetic characteristic as having blue eyes or short legs. If you have always had gay inclinations which feel as natural to you as breathing, then that's a good indication that it has a genetic root and not an optional one. When you consider the sort of vilified and potentially lonely lives many gay people have, I don't think it very likely that most people would choose it as a preference.