Germany forced many homosexuals to finish their sentences: Do you think being homosexual is a personal choice?

• No, being homosexual is not a personal choice.

No, being homosexual is not a personal choice. The sexuality of all people exists along a continuum, ranging from completely homosexual to completely heterosexual. Most people fall somewhere in between. Homosexuality itself is based on a person's genetics rather than on the person's simply deciding to be gay. It is simply a natural variation and shouldn't be punished.

• Being homosexual is not a personal choice

Being homosexual is not a personal choice. The reality, based on science, is that people are born homosexual. Sure, there may be instances where people can cherry pick a case of choice being the standard. But, time to put that nonsense aside an realize that this is all backed up by science.

• No, I do not think being homosexual is a personal choice.

No, I do not think being homosexual is a personal choice. From my own viewpoint, I could not willingly choose to change who I am attracted to and frankly, would not want to. Therefore, I do not believe that people choose their sexuality, especially with how people who deviate from the norm are treated.

• Not a choice at all

As far as I'm aware, being homosexual is not usually a lifestyle choice. It's as much a genetic characteristic as having blue eyes or short legs. If you have always had gay inclinations which feel as natural to you as breathing, then that's a good indication that it has a genetic root and not an optional one. When you consider the sort of vilified and potentially lonely lives many gay people have, I don't think it very likely that most people would choose it as a preference.

• Of course not!

People like whoever they like. I, for example, like guys, but there are plenty of girls that I have came across that I thought "wow, she's beautiful... I would like to get to know her." I'm not choosing it, I simply just feel that way. Being homosexual is just as beautiful as being heterosexual. As long as the love is mutual, consent is mutual, and both parties are treated right, then I'm all for it! Also, there is research showing that homosexuality is genetical. :) Live safe, play safe!