Given that Washington reported that its recreational marijuana sales have exceeded $1 billion, do you think that all states should legalize its recreational use?

• Yes, marijuana should be legal.

Numerous studies have proven that marijuana is less harmful than alcohol, something that millions of Americas drink safely everyday. It may even be less harmful than caffeine. For many people it is better than prescription drugs. This combined with the potential for increased revenue and less crime mean that it should be legalized.

• Yes, all states should legalize recreational marijuana.

All states and the federal government should legalize recreational marijuana. Legalizing recreational marijuana has two main benefits: the war on drugs creates more crime; recreational pot could be a boon for government tax coffers. There is no question that the war on drugs has had a terrible burden on American society. The government's failed drug policies has pitted the police against many communities; leading to more violent crime. Also, governments could use the tax money collected from the sales of recreational marijuana.

• Personally, I am against the use of recreational maijuana.

I do not like the use of recreational marijuana. Marijuana should be kept contained. That way, less people are likely to abuse this drug and possibly overdose from it. I also remain highly skeptical about medical marijuana, although since it's been around for a long while we should keep it, as it's standardized. $1 billion in sales worth of marijuana? That is ALOT.

• Too many potheads already

I'm glad Washington has made all that money from selling out their citizens but the rest of us do not want people driving next to us on the highways stoned. Now I'm as progressive as the next person so I would have no issues with medical marijuana. I just don't get the argument for sitting around stinking up the place with weed.