Given the credit that Serlock Holmes stories receive for advances in forensic optics, do art and literature inspire advances in technology?

• Yes, James Cameron is still paving the way.

The art of filmmaking is always advancing in technology. James Cameron is always trying new things that have never been seen or done before to wow us all. Avatar and Titanic were both groundbreaking films for technology in film. His next task, on Avatar 2 will be to achieve a 3D film without the use of any special glasses.

• Yes, art and literature inspire technology.

Yes, it is my belief that art and literature inspire technology because it is quite common for something to be depicted in art or in a book as "futuristic" and then someone in the world comes across the idea and attempts to make it, therefore art and literature have big say in technology.

• Yes, it is true.

Art and literature inspire advances in technology. This is evidenced by the credit that Serlock Holmes stories receive for advances in forensic optics. I believe this is not a bad idea and this going to another level will in the development of technology hence advancing various aspects that were not.

• Yes, art and literature advance technology.

Human creativity knows no bounds, and those who create art and literature such as Sherlock Holmes are some of the most creative, genius people of all time. Sometimes, just suggesting an idea, even if it's imaginary, could trigger more creativity from other people who may be better equipped to come up with realistic inventions.

• The ideas of the future

I have written about this topic so it is near and dear to me. Sure, my opinion was partially tongue in cheek, but it is relevant. The innovations often come from the minds least shackled by current reality and fact. When we stand on the shoulders of giants, they are often literary ones.

Http://rosends.Blogspot.Com/2009/09/planning-for-future.Html

• Not At All

Due to the effects of the communist block on the Eastern European Nations technology its irrelevant ☻ ♀ ♂ ♀ § ♀ ♂ § ♀ ♂ § ♀ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂ ♂