Glenn Ford released from death row: Is the death penalty ethical?

• They deserve it.

Yes, the death penalty is ethical, because if someone has taken another life or done other things that are terrible, our society is better off without them. Having to give your life is the ultimate answer to the crime. If the person has taken a life, that is just retribution for what they did.

• Yes, the death penalty is ethical.

Yes, I believe the death penalty is ethical. If you knowingly and willingly kill someone you should be killed. I am all for an eye for an eye. If you do not want to be killed then do not kill someone yourself. Simple as that. This country should do more of the death penalty

• Its more ethical than paying their living costs

While the death penalty has its issues, namely that our justice system is pretty awful at figuring out who is guilty for crimes sometimes thanks to judicial prejudice, the death penalty is a good thing. In fact, I think the death penalty should happen much more rapidly. I don't believe that taxpayers should have to financially support a prisoner sitting on death row for decades or in prison for the rest of his life if he has multiple life sentences. If there is no doubt about guilt, they should be taken out behind the courthouse and shot in the head. A couple cents for a bullet is a lot cheaper than a couple decades of $100,000 or more per year for care.

• No It's Not

I do not believe the death penalty is ethical. I think the world takes care of its own problems, in its own way. I think life in prison is a far better in terms of justice. Killing someone is unethical and to me, it doesn't matter if the person being killed, killed himself or not. It's still not right.