Google's new super high speed Internet has connection speeds of 1 gigabit per second and can download a movie in about 30 seconds; would you pay $120 a month if it were available in your city?

• Google's New Speed Internet

I personally think that Google Fiber is 100 times faster than today's basic broadband, allowing you to get what you want instantaneously. You no longer have to wait on things buffering; everything will be ready to go when you are. So whether you are video chatting, uploading family videos, or playing your favorite online games, all you need to do is click and you're there.

• No, I would not pay $120 per month for higher Internet speed.

No, that additional level of Internet speed is not necessary for my needs. Through other providers like Netflix and Apple TV, I can stream movies at the existing Internet connection speed that I have. My service is already costly enough, and adding this download speed for movies is not worth that increase for what I need.

• $120 a month is far too much!

Google has the resources and opportunity to revolutionize the existing ISP model. Rather than follow the existing practices of the major telecommunications and cable providers, Google should offer high speed Internet access at a price affordable to a majority of households.
    Google's best source for profit lies in the services available once an individual has already gained access to the world wide web. As more people connect and take advantage of the services possible via high speed access, the potential for profit will grow exponentially.

• I have no need for this service.

I would not pay $120 a month for Google's new super high speed internet. I am not a downloading enthusiast. I don't download large amount of movies, music, or games. To me the service would not be very useful. It seems too expensive anyway. Maybe if they lower the price to about half that, it wouldn't be a loss.

• Nope, cannot afford it.

While many of us would die for an Internet connection that fast, very few of us can afford $120 a month. $120 a month is roughly double what many of us pay now for Internet access. I, for one, just do not think $120 can be justified. Granted, the kids would love it, but Mom and Dad can't afford it.