Google's self-driving car: Would you be comfortable riding in a car that drives itself?

• After a few hours I would be very comfortable

Probably the first time you are sitting in a car that is driving on it's own, it will be very strange. But I'm sure almost all people will get used to that quickly and start using their smartphone / tablet in stead of driving cars. I'm looking forward to the self-drive option in my car.

But I don't want a car which doesn't even have a steering wheel. Sometimes I love driving around, I don't want to give that up.

• I'm not in control.

Without a doubt a self-driving vehicle would be the safest option when working properly. But only then. If the computer operating the vehicle freezes, crashes, or misinterprets something, it could cause a serious accident. And the driver may not realize there is a problem until it is too late to do anything.