Gun control: Are gun sports a poor justification for gun-ownership?

• Justification for gun ownership the Constitution

Yes, I believe that gun sports is a poor justification for gun ownership. I think that the only justification for owning a gun is the United States Constitution. The Constitution gives of the right to bear arms which be the only justification a citizen needs unless this right has been taken away for them.

• No they aren't

Gun sports are not a poor justification for gun-ownership. This is because so many gun owners do hunting and also non-animal target practice. While these sports are not popular in major, highly populated cities, they are in widely spread small-town and rural communities. These sports feed people from hunting and also provide entertainment and skills training.

• Gun sport are fun

Gun sports are actually a good justification for gun ownership.Gun sports have a tradition as old as the country itself.In pioneer times men used practice targets to prepare for the even more important pursuit of hunting which worked to put food on the table of the average family to sustain them.

• They're the best reason

Shooting has every right to be considered a sport and it's a perfectly valid reason and justification for the ownership of guns. At this point in time, it is ridiculous to put a prohibition on guns. As long as they are regulated and sold safely to people proven to be responsible, it shouldn't be a problem.

• No, gun sports are not a poor justification for gun-ownership.

I think that people who buy and own guns for use for a sport are justifiable in their reasoning. I do not think that it is a poor excuse to own a gun just for the sake of using it for a sport. A lot of people like playing sports like skeet shooting or huting for wild game as well.

• Gun sports are important for many Americans.

• No they aren't

I think that gun sports are fine because they show ability in various areas of gun usage, like speed and accuracy. I do not think that they are a poor justification for gun ownership. I think that gun sports are a fun way to become better at handling a gun.

• Gun Sports are actually a good justification for gun ownership.

• No, criminals don't need legal means to get weapons.

Denying ordinary citizens the right to own guns, no matter the purpose, is foolish. Criminals will still get them. Maybe not as many of them will, but they still will. It will only leave law abiding folk with nothing, and let the criminals know that they have freer reign in home invasions and burglary, as they will already know that most people no longer have a projectile weapon to fight back with.

• Gun give you portection

Guns give you protection. People thin that having a tighter gun control law will decrease the robberies or murders. What people don't understand is that the criminals can still get guns through the black market. They can also use different weapons like bombs or knifes or even cross bows. Pineapple