Hard-working US Actor, Steven Hill Dies at 94: Could he have lived a longer life if he had retired earlier?

• No, I do not think that Steven Hill could have lived longer if he retired earlier.

Steven Hill died at 94, which is considered quite old. He worked long and hard, but he chose to. He worked and kept himself and his mind active, instead of wasting away just because he was getting old and you are "supposed" to retire when you're old. There's no telling when he would have died had he retired, but if it's what kept him going and what he was passionate about you could almost say his passion kept him going longer.

• No, he would not have.

94 is a very long life and a respectable age to die at. Numerous research shows that staying active and busy helps people live longer lives by keeping them mentally and physically alert. It is more likely that he lived longer because he continued to work and did not retire.

• No, I don`t think so.

Working past age 65 could lead to longer life, while retiring early may be a risk factor for dying earlier, a new study from Oregon State University indicates. The researchers found that healthy adults who retired one year past age 65 had an 11 percent lower risk of death from all causes, even when taking into account demographic, lifestyle and health issues.

• He was awesome

Steven Hill worked doing what he loved to do, which is why he probably lived as long as he did. Most older Americans are healthy, virile and living an active lifestyle. I hope I am as lucky as he was at that age. To be independent and financially healthy is a blessing.