• No more Christ In Christmas

I have seen many adds and commercials that are Christmas centered and none of them mention the birth of Christ. Some people even take Christ out of Christmas and call it Xmas. I believe this started because the toy company's use Christmas to market most of their toys in the winter and they need to target more than the christian population. Yes I know that Santa is based on a real person but now he is just a way to take Christ out of Christmas. So yes it has become secular because it is now longer viewed as a religious holiday.

• Christmas is now a Commercial Holiday

I say this because, Christmas seems to be used as a way to reduce their inventory before they have to claim it for tax time. It is time we get back to basics in the United States. It is all about "ME". It is no longer what can "I" do to help others. The USA is now a county where the younger generations feel that they are owed everything. Most do not understand the meaning of giving.

• Christmas is supposed to be about Christ!

Christmas was supposed to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. It should also be a time to remember that God sent His son down in the flesh because He loves us that much. He sent down His only son for us! Yet people who openly oppose Christians still celebrate Christmas! Why? Because they like trees, gifts, and Santa! Many atheists celebrate Christmas because Christ has been taken out of it by this culture. It has become a politically correct holiday that is focused on commercialism!

• Tradition of Christmas

Christmas on December 25 was first made a holiday to honor the birth of Jesus. This holiday not only is supposed to remind us of Jesus but of unity. Christmas was made so that people would unite under the banner of Christ. Yet now, people don't even say "Merry Christmas" anymore, only "Happy Holidays." So maybe it is a little of both, yet most people don't acknowledge, in public, that this is about Christ Jesus taking human form to save our sorry butts, mine included.

• Christmas is not really Christmas anymore

No, not really secular, but commercial, yes. The holiday has become somewhat secular, but I do not believe that is too far gone. It is however very commercial. Some do not recognize the purpose of Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Christ, but use it as a way to receive gifts. It has become more about what are getting me, then a celebration of religious event.

• It has evolved

Christmas has become more secular, but I don't think it is too secular. It is a national holiday in the US. It started as a Christian holiday, but it's not just that any more, and many people who don't otherwise care that much about Christian beliefs will still celebrate Christmas. However, none of this stops Christians from celebrating it in a religious way, if they want to.

• Christmas is not too secular

I don't think that Christmas has become too secular. I do think that Christmas has become somewhat of a commercial holiday, and people of multiple religious denominations celebrate Christmas as a secular holiday. However, I still think that for those who belong to the Christian religion, that original meaning of Christinianity has still been maintained.

• No Christmas has not become too secular

It's become too commercialized, and there is a difference. Christmas at its' core should be about being with family and friends, sharing food and maybe a few gifts together, that goes for whether it is centered upon religion or not. It should not be focused on gifts and gifts only as if that is the only thing that matters or makes the holiday meaningful. That has really overshadowed the true meaning of the holiday season. So no I don't think Christmas has become too secular, just too commercialized.

• Christmas Is About Family and Giving, Not Religion

Christmas wasn't even celebrated by early Christians since the resurrection was seen as more important. Christmas hasn't gotten too secular. Yes, the shopping and marketing has gotten out of hand. But the winter holiday season is an amalgamation of several holidays, not just the Christian observance. Christians even stole the pagan tradition of Yule to try to convert non-Christians to their ways. Theologically, if God created everything then everything is sacred already, no matter what.

• Christmas in America has simply evolved from what it was 50 years ago

I personally don't believe that Christmas has become too secular. Instead, I feel that the U.S. is just extremely more diverse than it was 50 years ago, with a more broad cultural and religious array of people with varying beliefs. Christmas is still celebrated in earnest by Christians around the country. However, commercially, companies often use a somewhat secular approach in order to appeal to a larger customer base.