Has Europe suffered from a lack of German leadership during the euro crisis?

• Need to push harder

People in Europe hide behind German bankers as to the reason their economies failed to begin with, something that, while tentative, is ultimately baseless; European economies that failed largely did so due to failings in their own populace. Germany needs to take a firmer stance, especially on tax collection and corruption elsewhere.

• not at all

no, i do not think that there has been any type of lack of german leadership during this crisis, and that germany just like all of the other nations are doing what they can to make sure that the world gets up out of the crisis that it is in now.

• No, I don't think Europe has suffered from a lack of German leadership during the Euro Crisis.

I think Germany has taken a very proactive role in the European Debt Crisis, they are the ones leading the charge on making sure nations in need of assistance are able to get it and they are also pushing for measures to make sure that these nations reduce their debt levels to prevent something like this from happening again.

• Germany has been strong-arming

Germany has an inordinate amount of control with the Eurozone, namely because of Germany's influence in the ECB and the amount of influence Germany has throughout the zone. Germany's desire for a strong export-based economy is part of the reason why they've tried to weaken the Euro as opposed to the desires of other import-based economies. The current state of the Euro, then, largely serves German interests.

• No, Europe has not suffered a lack of German leadership during the euro.

I do not believe that Europe has suffered a lack of leadership during the euro. I think that Europe has done fine with a combination of leadership that it has gotten from other countries other than Germany. I do think that Germany is a great country that is good at leadership though.