Has Jesse Jackson accomplished enough in his lifetime to be rightly considered as a paragon of the Civil Rights movement?

• Yes, he is one of them.

Jesse Jackson is one of those figures, along with people such as Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, and Bill Grey, who were there in the civil rights movement right from the start. He is an accomplished professional man and he has gone out on a limb so should be considered one of the icons of the movement.

• Tears at Obama's Acceptance Speech

The most iconic image of Jesse Jackson is of tears streaming down his face as he witnessed Barack Obama's first acceptance speech in Chicago in early November of 2008. As soon as Obama was elected, Jackson could relax a little bit. He came a long way from standing next to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr as he was assassinated in April of 1968. Jackson is probably the living paragon of the Civil Rights movement because he was right there next to King for several years. The dream didn't die with King--it took one giant leap forward with Obama.

• He Is A Part

I believe Jesse Jackson has accomplished enough in his lifetime to be rightly considered a paragon of the Civil Rights movement. I think removing this title at this point would more than likely be impossible, so asking if it's appropriate seems odd to me and I'm only vaguely aware of his input.

• He preys on minorities.

No, Jesse Jackson has not accomplished enough in his lifetime to be rightly considered a paragon of the Civil Rights movement, because all Jesse Jackson has done is hijack the civil rights movement for his own use. Jesse Jackson has made millions of dollars off of his activities. He has not helped the people do anything other than continue to live in the past.

• Jesse Jackson only wants attention

No, I do not believe that Jesse Jackson has enough to be considered a paragon of the Civil Rights movement. I, and this is only my opinion, believe that Jesse Jackson is a person that craves attention. He wants to be considered a paragon of the Civil Rights movement, but he just wasn't that prominent. He seems only to show up when media is present and there is an issue that could bring light to his cause.