Has Legalizing Medical Marijuana Led to Increased Drug Abuse among Children and Adolescents?

• Weed is bad

Its bad for your health. I don't believe that legalizing medical marijuana has let more adolescents and children to start using. Medical marijuana is also still illegal for those kids. I think that most people who do marijuana will do it whether it is illegal or not and will find a supply in most cases.

• Legalizing Medical Marijuana has Led to Increased Drug Abuse among Children and Adolescents.

Legalizing medicinal marijuana has led to the drug becoming more acceptable and more widely used. This has led more children and adolescents to use the drug. Medicinal marijuana has made the drug more available, also. Because it is in greater supply, it is easier for young people to get a hold of it.

• Legal Marijuana Doesn't Cause Drug Abuse

In reality, legal marijuana is dangerous, but it can't be attributed to increased drug abuse by children and teens. Illegal marijuana and drug trafficking have caused these abuses among the younger population. With that in mind, harsher penalties need to exist for marijuana, especially when given to younger individuals today.

• No drug abuse increase reported.

Since the legalization for medical marijuana in certain states of the Union there has been no change in drug abuse among the residents of said states. The fact that medical marijuana is in itself for medical reasons means that people still aren't easily getting it thru hospitals, thus making no change.

• No, it hasn't.

I don't believe that legalizing medical marijuana has let more adolescents and children to start using. Medical marijuana is also still illegal for those kids. I think that most people who do marijuana will do it whether it is illegal or not and will find a supply in most cases.

• Adolescents Always Experiment

I do not believe the legalization of medical marijuana has led to an increase in drug abuse among children and adolescents. Adolescents who dabble in drugs now days are far more likely to try harder drugs, then try marijuana. Secondly, marijuana is not a gate way drug, people set their own limits as to what is acceptable for themselves and just because someone can personally justify marijuana as useful, does not indicate that they are likely to justify harsher drugs.

• No, medical marijuana doesn't cause drug abuse.

Medical marijuana is a very specific use. Of course there are adults who abuse the privilege and get the pot for themselves. But I do not think that is a terrible thing, and it has not a lot to do with children and teens who are not any more likely than ever before to get hold of it.

• Legalization of Marijuana has not increased drug abuse

The legalization of medicinal marijuana has not increased the statistics of adolescent drug abuse. However, I do believe that since this has become somewhat of a "hot topic", I believe the news coverage surrounding adolescent drug abuse has increased. Therefore, since coverage has increased, it has influenced the belief that statistics have increased.