• It used to be so simple.

MS arbitrarily stops supporting older clients for no good technical reasons. About a year ago, they cut off all versions prior to 7.15 (really? Not something sensible like 7.0?) I had an older client on the network and was actually *in a call* when the Skype disconnected and told me my client was too old and no longer able to make calls. While they claim XP SP3 is still supported, for the past month a fresh install of 7.36 (for XP) from the Skype website fails to log in. The latest Win 7 version looks like an advertisement for Office 365 when you log in. I'd drop Skype if it weren't for the fact that the folks I need to talk to are on the Skype network.

• Skype keeps going downhill

I've been using Skype since it was first made available to the public. Msoft recently forced me to upgrade Skype and I absolutely hate it. Have some family in Europe I keep in touch with via Skype but I'll see if we can find an alternative. Microsoft must have babies in diapers developing Skype!! 😠

• Skype keeps going downhill

• Worse than ever

• Yes, Skype is wrecked.

From a stable reliable communications software to an unusable slow loading full of bug waste of time. Account this account that, no audio input accepted, no system adjustments availed. Is it deliberate up to no good MS again or is it incompetent? I was forced to go to Linux because MS OSs were unbearable and i wouldn't be surprised if MS deliberately sabotage Linux aps. Nothing would surprise me.

• YES - unlinking a huge problem

It's impossible to unlink Microsoft accounts from Skype usernames, which causes a tons of frustration and problems when the wrong Microsoft account is linked to your username. Microsoft seems to refuse to fix this as I have had this problem for over a year. Their account recovery system is extremely burdensome and it's impossible to verify ownership with their lengthy requirements. I think they don't want you to have control over the product...Super sketchy. Their messaging is also just passive aggressive and annoying...This is what you see on their help page RE: this topic : "Can I unlink my Skype and Microsoft account? Unfortunately not at this time :(" After my frustration with this problem, their choice to stick an unhappy smiley face on their help page just makes me want to punch them. I'm actively searching for Skype replacements for business calls.

• Login screwed up

I can't even log in anymore. It made me sign in with a Microsoft account that I didn't have, so I had to make a new one, then it decided to give me a new Skype account! It's total rubbish now. That's yet another thing Microsoft have bought and destroyed: after Nokia and Sunrise Calendar.

• Login screwed up

• Skype sucks big

All the reasons to use skype are gone
    it became just another stupid app that looks like student will write as first project.
    Microsoft need to fire all those developers and bring back the old working skype.
    It is failure and for some unknown reason they stick to that failure

• They killed it; and not in a good way.

All of the functional Easter eggs are gone. Regex doesn't work anymore. Editing is terrible. Message delivery is no longer guaranteed. So many bugs; sometimes I see a different persons name on the top window bar than I am chatting with. It locks up frequently. IMO they just bought out Skype then re-themed "lync" thinking no-one would notice. Looking at this poll; it's obvious EVERYONE realizes it's not good. I stopped using it personally however I'm forced to use it at work (both public and corporate). Too bad they could't make a better chat application vs. Purchasing this one and killing it. Way to go!

• Yes they did

There are lots of new bug in Skype after Microsoft has taken it over
    * Message sequence is incorrect
    * Read messages show as unread even after a reply
    * mark as read not working
    * copy-paste can crash it
    * it raised an update in December-2016 and erased all my history,
    * really really slow
    * crashing ofter
    * Login issues

• Other compnies ruined Skype

I don't really agree with the fact that skype is ruined, i think skype is still one of the best communication tool out there. It is decreased its usage in USA, but in other countries Skype still remains on top. Also we must consider all the similiar companies like tango as well which one other reason why we forgot skype.