• From a the best App for the job to the worst

Leave it to Microsoft in the greedy mania to sell more shite. Skype has disappeared down the rabbit hole while horrible microsoft crap clogs up any chance of giving it back. This monopoly must be destroyed. Then again it won't much matter when the Republicans start Internet censorship next year.

• Microsoft doesn't listen to people complaining about their bad job with the new skype. Please bring the old skype back!

I used to have skype on my ipod, on my nokia phone and on my pc (desktop version). Now Microsoft doesn't update windows 10 on nokia so I can't update skype, Apple does something similar on the ipod and my camera doesn't work on skype desktop all of a sudden. It does work on the skype app, thought, but that is the worst user friendly app ever designed and I can't communicate with anybody with it. Contacts linger there for weeks waiting for a reply, I try calling and they can't see the call and viceversa. Microsoft doesn't listen to people complaining about their bad job with the new skype. Please bring the old skype back!

• They did ruin it

Its very obvious. They have ruined it completely. My account is locked down for the violation of terms and services which i don't know what they are talking about. I lost all my contacts and had to make a new skype id. Its slow. They have put so many limitations

• It used to be so simple to use.

They got rid of group calling and then reintroduced it as their idea. It was not nearly as good as it had been before. They got rid of the ability to use old versions, so if you have an older computer, you are out of luck. And they said, "Oh, we won't change anything." Yeah right.

• It used to be so simple.

MS arbitrarily stops supporting older clients for no good technical reasons. About a year ago, they cut off all versions prior to 7.15 (really? Not something sensible like 7.0?) I had an older client on the network and was actually *in a call* when the Skype disconnected and told me my client was too old and no longer able to make calls. While they claim XP SP3 is still supported, for the past month a fresh install of 7.36 (for XP) from the Skype website fails to log in. The latest Win 7 version looks like an advertisement for Office 365 when you log in. I'd drop Skype if it weren't for the fact that the folks I need to talk to are on the Skype network.

• Skype keeps going downhill

I've been using Skype since it was first made available to the public. Msoft recently forced me to upgrade Skype and I absolutely hate it. Have some family in Europe I keep in touch with via Skype but I'll see if we can find an alternative. Microsoft must have babies in diapers developing Skype!! 😠

• Skype keeps going downhill

• Worse than ever

• Yes, Skype is wrecked.

From a stable reliable communications software to an unusable slow loading full of bug waste of time. Account this account that, no audio input accepted, no system adjustments availed. Is it deliberate up to no good MS again or is it incompetent? I was forced to go to Linux because MS OSs were unbearable and i wouldn't be surprised if MS deliberately sabotage Linux aps. Nothing would surprise me.

• Yes they did

There are lots of new bug in Skype after Microsoft has taken it over
    * Message sequence is incorrect
    * Read messages show as unread even after a reply
    * mark as read not working
    * copy-paste can crash it
    * it raised an update in December-2016 and erased all my history,
    * really really slow
    * crashing ofter
    * Login issues

• Other compnies ruined Skype

I don't really agree with the fact that skype is ruined, i think skype is still one of the best communication tool out there. It is decreased its usage in USA, but in other countries Skype still remains on top. Also we must consider all the similiar companies like tango as well which one other reason why we forgot skype.