• Ruined the interface

The interface is now totally crap. You removed split window view for apparently no reason. The taskbar icon isn't as noticable when you have a message (used to light up orange, Now has a tiny red circle that's hard to notice if you're busy, And no I don't use sounds).
    You've messed this up for no reason, Same as every other big company when they buy something good. You suck

• Looking for an alternative

The new UI is worthless, When I search for a contact in my list I have to check through the entire world of Skype users (of whom many are already dead I am sure, Would their accounts ever get closed? ), My contacts all say they can no longer see when I am on line. Another great program rendered worthless by Microsoft. MS folks must live in a non-user world.

• Complete UX Disaster

What used to be a smooth and easy to use platform in Skype has now become a UX nightmare, Primarily because of the horrible process of verifying and using your Microsoft ID as a login. They also ditched the desktop app for Mac replacing it for Lync, An antiquated and un-updated software from the Office suite. Microsoft UX for all their products is generally poor, Which is a sad statement for a software company.

• Roll Back this rubbish.

Rolled back to 7. 41 today. Couldn't stand the interface, And that god awful ringtone. Finding myself increasingly pulled over to Whatsapp for video calls. Calling Ireland is a far better experience. No echo, No freeze ups, And no timewarps. Audio is far better too. You know then FB can make a better quality app that MS, Its time to give up on something.

• Skype version 8 is really bad, Since they removed many essential buttons/features that were present in skype version 7.

Skype version 8 is really bad, Since they removed many essential buttons/features that were present in skype version 7.
    - Things like edit contacts info, View contacts status, And make a clear distinction on the contact list between the buttons to call them by Skype call or by phone/mobile call.

• Unnecessary frills, Essentials missing

I'm irritated by a flashy surface that resembles more a toy for minors than a functional application for users. It's lacking a clear indication of the state of a correspondent. Using it on a Linux platform I have to sign in every time I start skype as it is just geared for Ubuntu. I was doubtless way more happy with the old version 4. 3. 0. 37 whose use is now blocked by microsoft

• I want the version 6 but they do not allow me to use it. I pay for my number and for my service

I want the version 6 but they do not allow me to use it. I pay for my number and for my service and do NOT want this GARBAGE...I want to use whatever version I WANT. Crooks do not allow me to use whatever version I WANT. How absurd to want to force people to use what THEY are the only ones who like it!!!!!

• They killed messenger and now doing the same to skype

Many years ago, I was using both skype and microsoft messenger.
    I stop using messenger when it became to bad of a chat program and keep to skype.
    Now microsoft is ruining skype, I tryed version 8 and reverterd immediatly to version 7. Now they are forcing the move to skype , which mean I will have to go to another messaging system like GOOGLE which make way better product and don't scrap them in new version.
    The bad things is lot of my contact were on skype and we will have to move all to new system which suit us better this is very annoying that microsoft is destroying a software that was once the best of all, and that is not to make it better, it becoming worst, there is nothing about "consumer complain about new release" they really made a bad jobs and they need to admit it and revise their thinking, but as usual they, won't listen to us as we know them.

• Was easy to use and kept my different contacts in neat groups

Now they have linked everything together and locked me out as I am too young (at 67) and now have to dig up a deceased parent to sign me in or give them credit card details (which I will not do) but this does not work at the moment.
    A Microsoft invasion of privacy .

• Skype is useless

It took twenty minutes to convince them it is my account. Now I cannot get my contact list up. Why on earth fix it if it isn't broke. The new skype is totally useless. I cannot use it. They have lost me forever. They want 42 words of explanation. Here is one: Ruined.

• Yes they did

There are lots of new bug in Skype after Microsoft has taken it over
    * Message sequence is incorrect
    * Read messages show as unread even after a reply
    * mark as read not working
    * copy-paste can crash it
    * it raised an update in December-2016 and erased all my history,
    * really really slow
    * crashing ofter
    * Login issues

• Other compnies ruined Skype

I don't really agree with the fact that skype is ruined, i think skype is still one of the best communication tool out there. It is decreased its usage in USA, but in other countries Skype still remains on top. Also we must consider all the similiar companies like tango as well which one other reason why we forgot skype.