• They've turned an otherwise simple product into an infuriating steaming pile of dung... As they always do.

Microsoft are like Heat Mizer on steroids. Everything they touch turns to a particularly offensive pile of excrement. The new account sign-up process is now abysmally invasive and convoluted. The software has become so bloated and resource-hungry it's almost not worth running. Sadly, Skype has a practical monopoly and it's virtually impossible to just say "screw it" and use another product.

• MS Disappeared my Old Account and my Money With it.

Suddenly Microsoft decided they would take away my photo, disappear my paid credit and generally make my life miserable. I have created whole new accounts on a new computer in hopes that I can get away from their tentacles. I called and cancelled my Microsoft account -- on that I had never, to my knowledge, even opened. They keep denying my passwords and generally making my life miserable.

• Frequently just locks up.

Have used it for years... But ever since MS took it over, it's been downhill. My first gripe was the stupid ads that would cause you to not be able to start typing (because it was still loading the ad), and recently it will simply freeze up randomly and require a restart.

Add to that its insatiable need for resources and you've taken a decent program and turned it into garbage.

Oh and BTW, STOP PUSHING SKYPE HOME... Nobody like you Skype Home... Go away!

• Microsoft ruined Skype

1. It is now much more difficult to locate contacts who are not on Skype.
    2. Skype now disconnects a person in the middle of a conversation when they run out of money.
    3. Money runs out fast since my payments are limited to 600 yen.
    4. The old interface was much more user friendly. Microsoft tries to force us to only communicate with other Skype users.
    5. Microsoft doesn't set things up from the users (customers) point of view. So to hell with Microsoft.
    WHAT IS A GOOD ALTERNATIVE TO SKYPE?

• Crashes and updates

I click a name it crashes ctrl alt del and its still there
    once i finally re open it it asks me to update it i click update then i get cant because some microsoft programe isnt on my pc its going same way now as yahoo messenger i stopped using that when they ruined it soon il stop with skype

• Same old microshite

Have you ever tried to recover an account that ms have decided for some unknown reason is being used by someone else !!! Have they never heard of people using VPN !!! And because I can't remember what colour socks I was wearing on the day I created my account, it has now been locked . Thanks Microshite - its less hassle to get my bank password reset !!

• Microshit Strikes Again!

Like everything they lay their fangs on, they managed to ruin Skype as well.
    They could just have done LITERALLY nothing and it would still be great.

A couple of programmers managed to develop and update that thing flawlessly and got themselves a massive customer base.
    Then a multi billion dollar company buys it and it's riddled with bugs and glitches, riddled with ads, uses up gigabytes of RAM, uses up big amounts of bandwidth when idle, stripped of its most basic features (can't even see the name of a person in a group chat just a profile pic for example), terribly laggy and unresponsive, and so so so many other things wrong with it.

Microshit really had to try to ruin this once great piece of software. Putting two skilled developers on it would have been enough to keep it good.

• Microshit Strikes Again!

• Went 180 degrees from the direction it should have taken

Msft already had Lync, which I had to use for work. This tool never worked, was uterly useless. The hope was that the team working on that thing would get "ejected" and that the Skype algorithms would prevail.
    Well it seems to be that we've gone the other way around. Now Skype is slow, unreliable, can't tell you if your contacts are online or not, can't deliver messages, etc... Feels just like home after having to use Lync.

• Forced ms account and degraded product

Google hangouts is now the better option typical nazi ms effort. Layout horrible. Ms tech support rude nightmare. Importing contacts and deleting works poorly just all tbe ms issues ruining what use to be si ple easy. Why all the security for whats in there? Its so bad im not using anymore.

• Yes they did

There are lots of new bug in Skype after Microsoft has taken it over
    * Message sequence is incorrect
    * Read messages show as unread even after a reply
    * mark as read not working
    * copy-paste can crash it
    * it raised an update in December-2016 and erased all my history,
    * really really slow
    * crashing ofter
    * Login issues

• Other compnies ruined Skype

I don't really agree with the fact that skype is ruined, i think skype is still one of the best communication tool out there. It is decreased its usage in USA, but in other countries Skype still remains on top. Also we must consider all the similiar companies like tango as well which one other reason why we forgot skype.