• Skype is trashed

I am a Skype veteran who broke my neck 12 years ago I use Skype pretty much every day all day talking to another paralyzed friend I have Skype out and a Skype number. They have totally wrecked everything about it you can even make two-way calls have to time anymore definitely thumbs down

• Now you need to give MSFT your gmail password to log into Skype!

I have a $6 credit on Skype but I guess I'll never get to use it, because MSFT has no idea what federated identity is, or OpenID. Instead, they require you to give them the password to your email account (e.G. Gmail) in order to "link" your email to your Skype account "for recovery purposes." Yeah, sure... It's not so that they can crawl your gmail in order to give you targeted ads on Skype.

I guess I'll just forfeit that $6 credit and find a Skype alternative. I'll never sign into Skype again.

Why isn't there an open-source version of Skype, at least for Internet-only connections?

• Skype is now frustrating to use

Skype used to be quick, it would get out of the way, it was simple and easy to use. Now it takes time to start up, takes time for exit conversations, it's laggy. Skype now doesn't close when you tell it to it instead minimises and their isn't an obvious way to tell it to close. I finally found the old conversations but loading them is slow and they are also incorrect. I feel like everything microsoft has done to Skype has just made it worse.

• They've turned an otherwise simple product into an infuriating steaming pile of dung... As they always do.

Microsoft are like Heat Mizer on steroids. Everything they touch turns to a particularly offensive pile of excrement. The new account sign-up process is now abysmally invasive and convoluted. The software has become so bloated and resource-hungry it's almost not worth running. Sadly, Skype has a practical monopoly and it's virtually impossible to just say "screw it" and use another product.

• MS Disappeared my Old Account and my Money With it.

Suddenly Microsoft decided they would take away my photo, disappear my paid credit and generally make my life miserable. I have created whole new accounts on a new computer in hopes that I can get away from their tentacles. I called and cancelled my Microsoft account -- on that I had never, to my knowledge, even opened. They keep denying my passwords and generally making my life miserable.

• Frequently just locks up.

Have used it for years... But ever since MS took it over, it's been downhill. My first gripe was the stupid ads that would cause you to not be able to start typing (because it was still loading the ad), and recently it will simply freeze up randomly and require a restart.

Add to that its insatiable need for resources and you've taken a decent program and turned it into garbage.

Oh and BTW, STOP PUSHING SKYPE HOME... Nobody like you Skype Home... Go away!

• Microsoft ruined Skype

1. It is now much more difficult to locate contacts who are not on Skype.
    2. Skype now disconnects a person in the middle of a conversation when they run out of money.
    3. Money runs out fast since my payments are limited to 600 yen.
    4. The old interface was much more user friendly. Microsoft tries to force us to only communicate with other Skype users.
    5. Microsoft doesn't set things up from the users (customers) point of view. So to hell with Microsoft.
    WHAT IS A GOOD ALTERNATIVE TO SKYPE?

• Crashes and updates

I click a name it crashes ctrl alt del and its still there
    once i finally re open it it asks me to update it i click update then i get cant because some microsoft programe isnt on my pc its going same way now as yahoo messenger i stopped using that when they ruined it soon il stop with skype

• Same old microshite

Have you ever tried to recover an account that ms have decided for some unknown reason is being used by someone else !!! Have they never heard of people using VPN !!! And because I can't remember what colour socks I was wearing on the day I created my account, it has now been locked . Thanks Microshite - its less hassle to get my bank password reset !!

• Microshit Strikes Again!

Like everything they lay their fangs on, they managed to ruin Skype as well.
    They could just have done LITERALLY nothing and it would still be great.

A couple of programmers managed to develop and update that thing flawlessly and got themselves a massive customer base.
    Then a multi billion dollar company buys it and it's riddled with bugs and glitches, riddled with ads, uses up gigabytes of RAM, uses up big amounts of bandwidth when idle, stripped of its most basic features (can't even see the name of a person in a group chat just a profile pic for example), terribly laggy and unresponsive, and so so so many other things wrong with it.

Microshit really had to try to ruin this once great piece of software. Putting two skilled developers on it would have been enough to keep it good.

• Yes they did

There are lots of new bug in Skype after Microsoft has taken it over
    * Message sequence is incorrect
    * Read messages show as unread even after a reply
    * mark as read not working
    * copy-paste can crash it
    * it raised an update in December-2016 and erased all my history,
    * really really slow
    * crashing ofter
    * Login issues

• Other compnies ruined Skype

I don't really agree with the fact that skype is ruined, i think skype is still one of the best communication tool out there. It is decreased its usage in USA, but in other countries Skype still remains on top. Also we must consider all the similiar companies like tango as well which one other reason why we forgot skype.