• Yes, Obama has been an absentee president.

President Obama as put more energy and focus into self-promotion, campaigning, and chasing celebrity than acting as the head of our nation who works with the Congress to produce results. After gallivanting around on vacations, self-promoting tours, and celebrity meetings, Obama pushes his agenda and maintains an appearance of performance by abusing Executive Orders which may put him as being active on paper, but most of which cannot legally or effectively be put into effect.

• No, not really.

In some ways, he has. But, it's no different than most presidents who get the office and then skitter around the world on 'diplomatic missions' as an excuse to..skitter around the world. He has legitimately tried to push through reforms and basic quality of life acts, but he's being held back by the fact that he has no idea what it is like to be middle or lower class. Very few politicians ever do since even if they came from lower origins, they live in luxury suites in nice parts of town and sit down to $2000 a plate dinners.

• No, not absent

But not effective either.
    I'm still waiting for Hope and Change...
    I'm still waiting to move this country forward.
    Me and my husband are both being outsourced this year.
    Some countries are moving forward - not ours.
    Every time I turn around the Obamas are winging their way to some exciting destination.
    My excitement is having a few bucks left at the end of the month...
    Hasn't happened in about 5 years.

• He has not

In fact that is a large part of the problem. If he has been an absentee president we wouldn't have nearly the problem we do now. He does go on vacation a lot when the heat is on but always manages to pass the laws in his own best interest. Even going so far as to bypass Congress.

• No, not really.

In some ways, he has. But, it's no different than most presidents who get the office and then skitter around the world on 'diplomatic missions' as an excuse to..Skitter around the world. He has legitimately tried to push through reforms and basic quality of life acts, but he's being held back by the fact that he has no idea what it is like to be middle or lower class. Very few politicians ever do since even if they came from lower origins, they live in luxury suites in nice parts of town and sit down to $2000 a plate dinners.

Anonymous says2013-05-20T16:57:14.050
To me Obama has been more focused on the needs of our country and has also put effort in giving back to the communities. Some people or just afraid of a black man trying to come up and make changes and that is exactly what Obama has been doing. He gives the younger generation hope and tries’ to help make a better future. I have never seen a more involved president in my lifetime until Obama was elected he is a hero to many including myself. && to the ones who keep downing Obama remember “Rome was not built in a day”.