• The Bill of Rights

Political Correctness has gona WAY too far, to the extent of denying Americans of their (TRIGGER WARNING) God given rights. We are entitled to Free Speech which is protected by the Bill of Rights, which was signed in 1776 during the creation of our country which I love so much.

All these Safe Spaces that prevent people from stating their opinions and open Public debate is under attack by these Leftists.

Political Correctness violates our rights that are equal for all American citizens, the LEGAL ones that are actual American citizens by going through the Legal process required to attain citizenship.

PC SUCKS

• Political Correctness is awfull.

It makes impossible the public debate of ideas. If you have any position contrary to leftist agenda, you are automatically classified as sexist, facist, homophobic, racist and so on. The only speech acceptable is the same progressist opinion, diverse opinions are not tolerated by the ones that defend the so called diversity . The world is not fair. Justice is not the same as equality. It is right to give equal condition for all, but at the end some will be sucessfull, other not.

• Yes, Political correctness has gone too far.

When I hear about free speech zones on I am the one who gets triggered. THere cannot be little pockets of free speech, it has to be universal. When people get "triggered" it tells me that they are not used to hearing other people's opinion, but because it's not theirs it is wrong. Labels have become a huge part of today's society on both sides. From now on every Rebublican is racist and every Democrat is insane. If society continues to put feelings before facts then we will end up with a world who will live in a world ( if we don't already) where we might not get all of the facts because it might offend people. I am all for hearing each side of the story and I respect your views, but you need to respect ours. Phil Roberstson was fired because he expressed his opinion. How is this possible in the land of free speech? I have been called racist, misogynistic, and many other things all because I am a white male. How in the world is that politically correct? The people fighting for political correctness can't even follow their own rules. I get that we need to respect each other, but we can't limit others rights because we don't like what they're saying.

• Freedom Of Speech

There's this great thing in the united states called... FREEDOM OF SPEECH. We all just need to stop sitting around the house being lazy doody heads and stop watching the news waiting for someone to screw up and sit around waiting for someone to say something or planning the next riot. Just get off your lazy "donkey" and go do something with your life.

• It definitely has

Political correctness has so far as to poison most universities making them less of the places of learning and more of the safe space minefield where if a straight white male can´t have an opinion of their own without being called racist, sexist, homophobic, or trans phobic.

As well as killing universities it has also gives people who are ¨not privileged¨, meaning those of a minority group, are women, or are homosexuals, get a free pass to hate on the straight white males who have all the ¨privilege¨. Even if the man is homeless and the opposition is a spoiled hair dyed demi-woman who is of color who barely needs to lift a finger their whole life

• Political correctness Equals Tyranny

What was originally designed to prevent certain groups from being offended has turned into a witch hunt. If an individual is in good standing in the community doesn't break any rules till the day they say something a majority claim was offensive they are at risk to losing everything they worked hard for their jobs, family, friends, etc. they also have no problem throwing out words like Racists, Sexists, homophobic, or even islamophobic because anyone person said something they didn't like.

Anyone remember the ban bossy campaign? High profile women trying to censor people from using the word bossy. Or people who don't find Amy Schemer funny or the all female cast of ghostbusters as sexists when they have no proof it's because they are female. Amy's stand up routine is bland at best and taking jokes and repacking them as her own then when called out on it throws out sexism as the reason critics are calling her out for it.

Political Correctness is Tyranny at its worst

• It has indeed gone too far

We in the western societies have always had our differences but not to the point where normal people start acting like people should hold their tongues for fear of being offended. Nowadays we have to basically walk on eggshells because no matter what is said its taken out of context.

We can't interact with others from different parts of the world without fear of being branded racists, sexist, homophobic or even islamophobic serious words being thrown with careless ease towards others we deemed politically incorrect. A lot of the time the accusations are baseless but effective enough to cause someone to lose everything they worked hard for Career, Family, Friends, etc gone in an instant because someone was offended by something they said.

The act of political correctness is an act of tyranny.

• The idiots have taken over the asylum

Islamophobia, whatever that is, cannot be defined. Homophobia is a redundant psychiatric term meaning fear of BECOMING homosexual.
    There's no hatred here just disapproval. That's not hatred. The feminazis and PC leftwing marxists are ALLODOXAPHOBES - pathological haters and intolerant of differing opinions, and ELEUTHERPHOBES - pathological haters of freedom.

• America is a pathetic joke

PC has made America a joke. Bigot does not mean anything. It's a French surname (Bee-go) derived from the Norman dialect of Norse. The Norman expression is Bi Gott (By God), and were known as Bigots. Get a life you PCers. Did you hear about Harvard's PC rules? They're pathetic.

• Political correctness pundits are gutless

Many things in life offend. Tough! Grow up and don't be a spineless coward. I'm French but born in Mississippi. Sure as hell I'm a redneck frog and I couldn't give a damn if people think so. I'm not a snowflake cry baby. Get a life pathetic PC liberal trash!

• I don't see it

For as much as folks want to rant about PC being a threat to free speech I personally feel these same people get way too hung up on it. Free speech entails freedom to association, it means that folks really don't owe it to anyone to listen. I see far to many people acting as if not allowing their positions to be challenged somehow goes against free speech. Is it dumb? Yeah, it's super dumb but so what. I see far too often fringe or isolated case being made out to be the end of the world when it's just some college kid who is probably being too aggressive in policing other people's speech. Is this dumb? Yes it is but to me this is ironically free speech as well. I mean how is PC not actually a different side of the same coin?

• It hasn't and we still need it.

PC is important. Nobody should want to offend anybody. Without PC we would have assholes coming out of the muck saying anything and everything. Just because they think they are right. They don't care if they hurt anybody. There is a difference between someone saying their opinion and someone just spewing hate and bigotry. One can be respected. The other needs to be stopped.

• Political Correctness has NOT gone too far

A lack of political correctness ensures the ostracism of certain minority groups, as if insults become the norm, this leaves groups such as the LGBTQ community open to insult. Other groups categorised by their religion and sexuality are further prone to this, some homosexuals can actually be imprisoned for their orientation, which is ridiculous

• Way too far

Yes it has gone too far. It used to be about not calling a black person a slur, or something along that nature, but now there's a list of words deemed inappropriate. Example? If you say, "that's crazy" the SJWs flip their shit because the word crazy is an abelist slur. Same with the word insane, or gay. You can't even insult a minority if they deserve it. Lets say a black man takes a hammer to your car. If you call him a fucking asshole (especially if you're white) it's racist. The concept of white privilege and the idea that only white people can be racist (look it up. They really do believe this. Its just an excuse for minorities to be racist and not get called out on it) have directly come from the PC crowd. Enough is enough.

• Nope it has not.

Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.

Many areas where political correctness and perhaps hyper-sensitivity can be seen started as valid issues that had been ignored far too long: discrimination or prejudice based on race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation, concerns about the environment, health issues, etc.
    Overzealousness to make people aware of the issue can backfire. Some people feel a need to judge others and police their speech and behavior. This naturally raises the ire of those being judged or policed.

So.... Nope.

• Nope it has not.

So.... Nope.

• Why would it?

The political correctness should be used in conversation to prevent people from stepping on others toes in a conversation with a stranger who you don't know. Even with friends political correctness keeps people from getting hurt feelings over an ideal that was said in a nonpolitically way. Boom bang just for the words

• At least not on this website

Unlike Sodahead, this site doesn't have people whos opinions are so up their a-- it's actually funny. On Sodahead people with majority views have such ego problems that they can't accept another person's views. It's the 51% over the 49% there. And I'm not the only one. A tomboy friend of mine was so cool, that she said it was a -amn shame I was banned.

• No, the concept of political correctness has not gone too far.

The concept of Political Correctness (PC) has not gone too far in today's society. As a community we should target our language, ideas, or governmental and social policies to address perceived or actual acts of discrimination (and alienation) towards the members of our community that are politically, socially or economically disadvantaged.

• No It Hasn't

I believe political correctness is more about being polite than anything and I don't think we can say it's been carried too far. I believe people need to be a bit more weary about how the word things because sometimes people can take things the wrong way. It doesn't hurt to try and look at things from other people's perspectives.