• When hurt feeling rule.

Yes we should teach people to be respectful....But when we start having to worry about if we hurt someone's feeling even when we KNOW we meant no harm, then it has gone too far. People need to learn how to deal with their own feelings and why they feel that way...More of a self esteem issue.

• Political Correctness gets in the way of context

When it comes to context, I see it in the banning of 'To kill a Mocking Bird' the time in which that had been written, what the story is based on, context is crucial. This piece of literature is not hurting anyone, banning it goes against the Arts in terms of English Literature. Political correctness stunts growth and prohibits students from actually learning and benefiting from a third level education. It is divisive and toxic, it started off as a good idea and now it's more about censorship than anything else. I'm a liberal and I fully support free speech.

• Freedoms of Speaking

I am going to use my good sweet Jesus-given right of free speech to state my opinions on this subject. I am simply done with these feminazis and godless scoundrels trying to take away my right to discriminate on minorities that are clearly lesser than Christian white males such as myself. Why are we giving privilege to everyone? I mean white is clearly the SUPREME race as dignified by JESUS MY LORD AND SAVIOR.

• It's not liberal

As a liberal, I think that people should be able to do what they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. A certain amount of political correctness is necessary to ensure people don't use racial/homophobic slurs, but PC culture is now advocating the censorship of words like crazy and mad, and I've even seen someone censor the word Trump, like "Tr*mp". If someone has an opposing view, fight it! Don't censor it! Stop putting trigger warnings on food, on the words mad and crazy, and censoring Trump. How are you going to stand against injustice if you can't handle a hit?
    Sincerely, a left wing liberal who gets a lot of shit from conservatives but actually has the strength to fight back.

• People who often reinforce PC culture are hypocrites

PC culture in itself is form of control, yet it is a majority of liberals who attempt to reinforce this idology.. 'Liberal' ironic isn't it? Even debate.Org is forcing twenty five more words to be allowed to post this, why? I think that should be a topic for debate. La le lu le lo

• Accepting every difference.

The world has been taken in by the Islam agenda by playing the old trick of being harassed and it has been exposed now.
    No mention of all the Muslims and Christians who have been butchered and burned alive for not converting over to Islam, nothing there about accepting the religious differences between their ideas.
    It really has done no good for the world to be too PC and not letting the truth out or just telling it as is, this does not mean that people can be mean towards your fellow man/women.

• Islam has been allowed to destroy the western world because of PC

Oh I know what you are thinking, this guy is going after Muslims he's racist. But in reality I am not I can see that because of political correctness 1,400 young women were allowed to be routinely gang raped by Pakistani Muslims for 16 years because the police and politicians were scared of being seen as racist if they tried to stop it. That out of 1001 British Muslims all of them said homosexuality is wrong and 51% said it should be illegal, how is that destroying the western world that's their belief? I hear you ask, the Orlando shooting happened because PC intimidates people from talking about the real issues which is Islam. In Paris they believed it was right to allow swarms of Syrians into their country because it would be "racist" to object, do I even need to go on?. Islam is not compatible withe our way of life and PC is forcing people to allow islam to win.

• It has gone as far as the silent majority have allowed.

The guise that PC rhetoric has it's roots in valid issues minimizes the issues that they supposedly address. Issues are not resolved by censoring the words used. They are addressed with open dialogue. Something painfully absent in the PC cultist movement. Open dialogue can't exist in a censored society. Since when has freedom of speech become relative?

• Gone FAR FAR too FAR

Now no one can have any opinion except the POLITICAL ELITE!!

If anyone wants to see HOW FAR is FAR FAR TOO FAR ??

Check out YOU TUBE - ANDREW NORFOLK - an UNCOMFORTABLE TRUTH !!!!!

No one can CRITICISE or EXERCISE a QUESTION about ISLAM without being labelled a RACIST !! ISLAM is an IDEOLOGY & NOT A RACE !!!

No one can QUESTION MULTICULTURALISM - without being labelled a RACIST !!! Check out the 20 year rants by CHOUDRY in the UK !!

• It went too far ten years ago.

We currently live in a world where a 52 year old man can identify as a 6 year old girl. A man who has had a wife, a family, and lived half a century, pretending to be a young child. We have to legally let this man into girl's locker rooms and bathrooms with little girls, who have even less power of stopping him. We're at the point where if you're not "oppressed" you're worthless and your opinion, your feelings, your sense of security, all mean nothing.

• It hasn't and we still need it.

PC is important. Nobody should want to offend anybody. Without PC we would have assholes coming out of the muck saying anything and everything. Just because they think they are right. They don't care if they hurt anybody. There is a difference between someone saying their opinion and someone just spewing hate and bigotry. One can be respected. The other needs to be stopped.

• Political Correctness has NOT gone too far

A lack of political correctness ensures the ostracism of certain minority groups, as if insults become the norm, this leaves groups such as the LGBTQ community open to insult. Other groups categorised by their religion and sexuality are further prone to this, some homosexuals can actually be imprisoned for their orientation, which is ridiculous

• Way too far

Yes it has gone too far. It used to be about not calling a black person a slur, or something along that nature, but now there's a list of words deemed inappropriate. Example? If you say, "that's crazy" the SJWs flip their shit because the word crazy is an abelist slur. Same with the word insane, or gay. You can't even insult a minority if they deserve it. Lets say a black man takes a hammer to your car. If you call him a fucking asshole (especially if you're white) it's racist. The concept of white privilege and the idea that only white people can be racist (look it up. They really do believe this. Its just an excuse for minorities to be racist and not get called out on it) have directly come from the PC crowd. Enough is enough.

• Nope it has not.

Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.

Many areas where political correctness and perhaps hyper-sensitivity can be seen started as valid issues that had been ignored far too long: discrimination or prejudice based on race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation, concerns about the environment, health issues, etc.
    Overzealousness to make people aware of the issue can backfire. Some people feel a need to judge others and police their speech and behavior. This naturally raises the ire of those being judged or policed.

So.... Nope.

• Nope it has not.

So.... Nope.

• Why would it?

The political correctness should be used in conversation to prevent people from stepping on others toes in a conversation with a stranger who you don't know. Even with friends political correctness keeps people from getting hurt feelings over an ideal that was said in a nonpolitically way. Boom bang just for the words

• At least not on this website

Unlike Sodahead, this site doesn't have people whos opinions are so up their a-- it's actually funny. On Sodahead people with majority views have such ego problems that they can't accept another person's views. It's the 51% over the 49% there. And I'm not the only one. A tomboy friend of mine was so cool, that she said it was a -amn shame I was banned.

• No, the concept of political correctness has not gone too far.

The concept of Political Correctness (PC) has not gone too far in today's society. As a community we should target our language, ideas, or governmental and social policies to address perceived or actual acts of discrimination (and alienation) towards the members of our community that are politically, socially or economically disadvantaged.

• No It Hasn't

I believe political correctness is more about being polite than anything and I don't think we can say it's been carried too far. I believe people need to be a bit more weary about how the word things because sometimes people can take things the wrong way. It doesn't hurt to try and look at things from other people's perspectives.