• Hmm, lemme think . . . Absolutely

I could write a long rant about how privileged people here in America complain that they're being oppressed and shit, or how they don't give a shit about people in other countries who ACTUALLY need support for these kinds of issues, but I won't. I think that anyone smart enough to understand why political correctness has gone too far would get it without me having to explain it.

• People are too easily offended

Today, more and more people become easily offended. It's not just liberals or conservatives, it's both of them, and honestly, it's giving everybody else who hasn't lost their minds yet a huge headache. Seriously though. Everyone knows that these "safe spaces" are just circle-jerks for people who can't handle life. Unfortunately, yous, we don't got none of these stupid think tanks in real life. Now go take 5, drink something, take a load off. Just, everyone chill.

• I can't even speak my mind

It seems as though I can't speak my mind or give an opinion about something without someone giving me a dumb ass look and saying "WOW". It seems like logic, reason and any form of reason seems to fly over people's heads or people seem lazy to speak their mind. Don't get me wrong. I am pro LGBT rights, Pro choice, anti-trump/pence, etc. Granted I make off-color jokes and remarks, but I do it on my time, but it just seems like people care more about emotions than facts or logic and that F'ing bothers the F out of me. We have great potential, have come so far as humans, now it seems like we are devolving and the IQ of humanity is starting to go to sh**. I thought we as a HUMAN race are better than letting emotions overpower logic and reason. I find it sickening. Sorry for the rant. But I think it had to be said.

• Damn straight it has

The base arguments are old news, but PC is to my mind insanity of the highest order, from what I have seen and heard I can be pulled up for pretty much anything I say or do if it even upsets 1 person, even if it is because I do not agree with them and that offends them, ok, fair play, but here's the rube, what if the fact that I have offended them by calling the chalk board its proper F'ing name of black board, now I am offended as they have automatically thought I am racist! See where this bollox leads, back in the old day if someone offended you it would of been for a reason, and not just because somewhere in your distant past one of your ancestors enslaved some bugger from some far off land, and now the PC brigade want you to feel guilty for it! Or you complimented a woman on how nice she looks in an innocent way and she was offended because it made her feel like you were going to rape her? I just do not get it, the middle left seem so wrapped up in peoples rights and how they will enforce them and ram them down your throat they seem to have lost they plot, we ALL have the right to be treated correctly, and so if you think I have offended you, tell me, and we can talk about it, or quees what, YOU will offend me.......Oppps, sorry that does not work does it, the PC brigade only want to hear what they want to hear, bloody snowflakes all of them. The idea behind PC to start was noble, genius even, but then nutters and complete lefty fruit loops got hold of it and it nose dived and left the realms of logic and good honest logical human behavior, I can not stand it, the second you challenge them on it they rant at you that you are racist/sexist/a barbarian righty nazi or something along those lines, it really is a case of the only opinion you can have is theirs, and they will tell you why, because they are right, the very principles of PC these days goes against every basic human right going and the biggest joke is they do not, or more to the point will not see it. I am open to good honest robust debate, and I will challenge someone if they talk bollox, and hope that they will do the same towards me.

• Political correctness is imploding upon itself

Political correctness has become a caricature of itself so that now offense can be taken at anything. Who actually thinks they are qualified to tell other people whether or not their Halloween costume is OK, or if they have to call this other person "xe" or "they." It's becoming so ridiculous that few around me take any of this seriously anymore because they aren't going to be ruled by Thought & Action Police, aka Social Justice Warriors. I can't tell if half the articles of political correctness are satire or not anymore.

• The Bill of Rights

Political Correctness has gona WAY too far, to the extent of denying Americans of their (TRIGGER WARNING) God given rights. We are entitled to Free Speech which is protected by the Bill of Rights, which was signed in 1776 during the creation of our country which I love so much.

All these Safe Spaces that prevent people from stating their opinions and open Public debate is under attack by these Leftists.

Political Correctness violates our rights that are equal for all American citizens, the LEGAL ones that are actual American citizens by going through the Legal process required to attain citizenship.

PC SUCKS

• Political Correctness is awfull.

It makes impossible the public debate of ideas. If you have any position contrary to leftist agenda, you are automatically classified as sexist, facist, homophobic, racist and so on. The only speech acceptable is the same progressist opinion, diverse opinions are not tolerated by the ones that defend the so called diversity . The world is not fair. Justice is not the same as equality. It is right to give equal condition for all, but at the end some will be sucessfull, other not.

• Yes, Political correctness has gone too far.

When I hear about free speech zones on I am the one who gets triggered. THere cannot be little pockets of free speech, it has to be universal. When people get "triggered" it tells me that they are not used to hearing other people's opinion, but because it's not theirs it is wrong. Labels have become a huge part of today's society on both sides. From now on every Rebublican is racist and every Democrat is insane. If society continues to put feelings before facts then we will end up with a world who will live in a world ( if we don't already) where we might not get all of the facts because it might offend people. I am all for hearing each side of the story and I respect your views, but you need to respect ours. Phil Roberstson was fired because he expressed his opinion. How is this possible in the land of free speech? I have been called racist, misogynistic, and many other things all because I am a white male. How in the world is that politically correct? The people fighting for political correctness can't even follow their own rules. I get that we need to respect each other, but we can't limit others rights because we don't like what they're saying.

• Freedom Of Speech

There's this great thing in the united states called... FREEDOM OF SPEECH. We all just need to stop sitting around the house being lazy doody heads and stop watching the news waiting for someone to screw up and sit around waiting for someone to say something or planning the next riot. Just get off your lazy "donkey" and go do something with your life.

• It definitely has

Political correctness has so far as to poison most universities making them less of the places of learning and more of the safe space minefield where if a straight white male can´t have an opinion of their own without being called racist, sexist, homophobic, or trans phobic.

As well as killing universities it has also gives people who are ¨not privileged¨, meaning those of a minority group, are women, or are homosexuals, get a free pass to hate on the straight white males who have all the ¨privilege¨. Even if the man is homeless and the opposition is a spoiled hair dyed demi-woman who is of color who barely needs to lift a finger their whole life

• Anti-PC are cry-babies

The arguments for why its gone too far basically boil down to "I don't want to have to change anything that I do/say no matter how it makes someone feel." Being PC isn't just you can't say anything mean, or you can't have an opinion. It is to prevent people from spewing opinions that are harmful to the person/group they are remarking on. Not every unmannered comment equals anti-PC, you guys have a lot of stuff twisted. For example, take the statement "women are annoying"; this is a rude statement but it isn't anti-pc. It is a matter of opinion, although it is ignorant and a broad generalization, and likely denotes a sexist mentality, it isn't anti-PC. Something is anti-PC if the term/action currently or has in the past negatively influenced the standard of living. The fact that some people think women are annoying hasn't specifically held women back throughout the past. However, a statement that reinforces a negative stereotype such as "women can't handle ______ like men can", associates with the idea that women are inferior to men, and supports the oppressive system. It matters if we say that women are incapable/stupid because throughout history women have had limited entry to core jobs (medical, science, math-based), because of the negative stereotype that women can't do what men can. If the generalization is meaningless, it's rude of you to make it but you're entitled to that opinion. If the generalization/statement supports a belief system that is harmful to someone, then you shouldn't be saying it all. If you say something that you think is fine, but someone says its offensive, then research why they said its offensive. For example, I saw an anti-PC complain that they cant use the word "crazy". Instead of just complaining that you have to find a new word and you don't feel like it, research the history of the word crazy. People were demonized and shut out of society, treated very badly for having lower intelligence or mental disorders. To keep using the word 'crazy' which was used as a slur to those people, is adding salt to the wounds. Just find a different word that isn't a slur. There are millions of words, so find one that means the same and wasn't used as slur. Don't sit there cry babying trying to defend your right to be rude. You don't just go into church saying the F word or whatever you want to say, you clean up your language. So let that be true in all cases, if you've been asked not to say/do something then figure out why. It shouldn't be such a big deal to you that you have to clean up your act and treat people with respect.

• I don't see it

For as much as folks want to rant about PC being a threat to free speech I personally feel these same people get way too hung up on it. Free speech entails freedom to association, it means that folks really don't owe it to anyone to listen. I see far to many people acting as if not allowing their positions to be challenged somehow goes against free speech. Is it dumb? Yeah, it's super dumb but so what. I see far too often fringe or isolated case being made out to be the end of the world when it's just some college kid who is probably being too aggressive in policing other people's speech. Is this dumb? Yes it is but to me this is ironically free speech as well. I mean how is PC not actually a different side of the same coin?

• It hasn't and we still need it.

PC is important. Nobody should want to offend anybody. Without PC we would have assholes coming out of the muck saying anything and everything. Just because they think they are right. They don't care if they hurt anybody. There is a difference between someone saying their opinion and someone just spewing hate and bigotry. One can be respected. The other needs to be stopped.

• Political Correctness has NOT gone too far

A lack of political correctness ensures the ostracism of certain minority groups, as if insults become the norm, this leaves groups such as the LGBTQ community open to insult. Other groups categorised by their religion and sexuality are further prone to this, some homosexuals can actually be imprisoned for their orientation, which is ridiculous

• Way too far

Yes it has gone too far. It used to be about not calling a black person a slur, or something along that nature, but now there's a list of words deemed inappropriate. Example? If you say, "that's crazy" the SJWs flip their shit because the word crazy is an abelist slur. Same with the word insane, or gay. You can't even insult a minority if they deserve it. Lets say a black man takes a hammer to your car. If you call him a fucking asshole (especially if you're white) it's racist. The concept of white privilege and the idea that only white people can be racist (look it up. They really do believe this. Its just an excuse for minorities to be racist and not get called out on it) have directly come from the PC crowd. Enough is enough.

• Nope it has not.

Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.

Many areas where political correctness and perhaps hyper-sensitivity can be seen started as valid issues that had been ignored far too long: discrimination or prejudice based on race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation, concerns about the environment, health issues, etc.
    Overzealousness to make people aware of the issue can backfire. Some people feel a need to judge others and police their speech and behavior. This naturally raises the ire of those being judged or policed.

So.... Nope.

• Nope it has not.

So.... Nope.

• Why would it?

The political correctness should be used in conversation to prevent people from stepping on others toes in a conversation with a stranger who you don't know. Even with friends political correctness keeps people from getting hurt feelings over an ideal that was said in a nonpolitically way. Boom bang just for the words

• At least not on this website

Unlike Sodahead, this site doesn't have people whos opinions are so up their a-- it's actually funny. On Sodahead people with majority views have such ego problems that they can't accept another person's views. It's the 51% over the 49% there. And I'm not the only one. A tomboy friend of mine was so cool, that she said it was a -amn shame I was banned.

• No, the concept of political correctness has not gone too far.

The concept of Political Correctness (PC) has not gone too far in today's society. As a community we should target our language, ideas, or governmental and social policies to address perceived or actual acts of discrimination (and alienation) towards the members of our community that are politically, socially or economically disadvantaged.