• Political correctness Equals Tyranny

What was originally designed to prevent certain groups from being offended has turned into a witch hunt. If an individual is in good standing in the community doesn't break any rules till the day they say something a majority claim was offensive they are at risk to losing everything they worked hard for their jobs, family, friends, etc. they also have no problem throwing out words like Racists, Sexists, homophobic, or even islamophobic because anyone person said something they didn't like.

Anyone remember the ban bossy campaign? High profile women trying to censor people from using the word bossy. Or people who don't find Amy Schemer funny or the all female cast of ghostbusters as sexists when they have no proof it's because they are female. Amy's stand up routine is bland at best and taking jokes and repacking them as her own then when called out on it throws out sexism as the reason critics are calling her out for it.

Political Correctness is Tyranny at its worst

• It has indeed gone too far

We in the western societies have always had our differences but not to the point where normal people start acting like people should hold their tongues for fear of being offended. Nowadays we have to basically walk on eggshells because no matter what is said its taken out of context.

We can't interact with others from different parts of the world without fear of being branded racists, sexist, homophobic or even islamophobic serious words being thrown with careless ease towards others we deemed politically incorrect. A lot of the time the accusations are baseless but effective enough to cause someone to lose everything they worked hard for Career, Family, Friends, etc gone in an instant because someone was offended by something they said.

The act of political correctness is an act of tyranny.

• The idiots have taken over the asylum

Islamophobia, whatever that is, cannot be defined. Homophobia is a redundant psychiatric term meaning fear of BECOMING homosexual.
    There's no hatred here just disapproval. That's not hatred. The feminazis and PC leftwing marxists are ALLODOXAPHOBES - pathological haters and intolerant of differing opinions, and ELEUTHERPHOBES - pathological haters of freedom.

• America is a pathetic joke

PC has made America a joke. Bigot does not mean anything. It's a French surname (Bee-go) derived from the Norman dialect of Norse. The Norman expression is Bi Gott (By God), and were known as Bigots. Get a life you PCers. Did you hear about Harvard's PC rules? They're pathetic.

• Political correctness pundits are gutless

Many things in life offend. Tough! Grow up and don't be a spineless coward. I'm French but born in Mississippi. Sure as hell I'm a redneck frog and I couldn't give a damn if people think so. I'm not a snowflake cry baby. Get a life pathetic PC liberal trash!

• When hurt feeling rule.

Yes we should teach people to be respectful....But when we start having to worry about if we hurt someone's feeling even when we KNOW we meant no harm, then it has gone too far. People need to learn how to deal with their own feelings and why they feel that way...More of a self esteem issue.

• Political Correctness gets in the way of context

When it comes to context, I see it in the banning of 'To kill a Mocking Bird' the time in which that had been written, what the story is based on, context is crucial. This piece of literature is not hurting anyone, banning it goes against the Arts in terms of English Literature. Political correctness stunts growth and prohibits students from actually learning and benefiting from a third level education. It is divisive and toxic, it started off as a good idea and now it's more about censorship than anything else. I'm a liberal and I fully support free speech.

• Freedoms of Speaking

I am going to use my good sweet Jesus-given right of free speech to state my opinions on this subject. I am simply done with these feminazis and godless scoundrels trying to take away my right to discriminate on minorities that are clearly lesser than Christian white males such as myself. Why are we giving privilege to everyone? I mean white is clearly the SUPREME race as dignified by JESUS MY LORD AND SAVIOR.

• It's not liberal

As a liberal, I think that people should be able to do what they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. A certain amount of political correctness is necessary to ensure people don't use racial/homophobic slurs, but PC culture is now advocating the censorship of words like crazy and mad, and I've even seen someone censor the word Trump, like "Tr*mp". If someone has an opposing view, fight it! Don't censor it! Stop putting trigger warnings on food, on the words mad and crazy, and censoring Trump. How are you going to stand against injustice if you can't handle a hit?
    Sincerely, a left wing liberal who gets a lot of shit from conservatives but actually has the strength to fight back.

• People who often reinforce PC culture are hypocrites

PC culture in itself is form of control, yet it is a majority of liberals who attempt to reinforce this idology.. 'Liberal' ironic isn't it? Even debate.Org is forcing twenty five more words to be allowed to post this, why? I think that should be a topic for debate. La le lu le lo

• It hasn't and we still need it.

PC is important. Nobody should want to offend anybody. Without PC we would have assholes coming out of the muck saying anything and everything. Just because they think they are right. They don't care if they hurt anybody. There is a difference between someone saying their opinion and someone just spewing hate and bigotry. One can be respected. The other needs to be stopped.

• Political Correctness has NOT gone too far

A lack of political correctness ensures the ostracism of certain minority groups, as if insults become the norm, this leaves groups such as the LGBTQ community open to insult. Other groups categorised by their religion and sexuality are further prone to this, some homosexuals can actually be imprisoned for their orientation, which is ridiculous

• Way too far

Yes it has gone too far. It used to be about not calling a black person a slur, or something along that nature, but now there's a list of words deemed inappropriate. Example? If you say, "that's crazy" the SJWs flip their shit because the word crazy is an abelist slur. Same with the word insane, or gay. You can't even insult a minority if they deserve it. Lets say a black man takes a hammer to your car. If you call him a fucking asshole (especially if you're white) it's racist. The concept of white privilege and the idea that only white people can be racist (look it up. They really do believe this. Its just an excuse for minorities to be racist and not get called out on it) have directly come from the PC crowd. Enough is enough.

• Nope it has not.

Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.

Many areas where political correctness and perhaps hyper-sensitivity can be seen started as valid issues that had been ignored far too long: discrimination or prejudice based on race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation, concerns about the environment, health issues, etc.
    Overzealousness to make people aware of the issue can backfire. Some people feel a need to judge others and police their speech and behavior. This naturally raises the ire of those being judged or policed.

So.... Nope.

• Nope it has not.

So.... Nope.

• Why would it?

The political correctness should be used in conversation to prevent people from stepping on others toes in a conversation with a stranger who you don't know. Even with friends political correctness keeps people from getting hurt feelings over an ideal that was said in a nonpolitically way. Boom bang just for the words

• At least not on this website

Unlike Sodahead, this site doesn't have people whos opinions are so up their a-- it's actually funny. On Sodahead people with majority views have such ego problems that they can't accept another person's views. It's the 51% over the 49% there. And I'm not the only one. A tomboy friend of mine was so cool, that she said it was a -amn shame I was banned.

• No, the concept of political correctness has not gone too far.

The concept of Political Correctness (PC) has not gone too far in today's society. As a community we should target our language, ideas, or governmental and social policies to address perceived or actual acts of discrimination (and alienation) towards the members of our community that are politically, socially or economically disadvantaged.

• No It Hasn't

I believe political correctness is more about being polite than anything and I don't think we can say it's been carried too far. I believe people need to be a bit more weary about how the word things because sometimes people can take things the wrong way. It doesn't hurt to try and look at things from other people's perspectives.