Has socializing for today's youth lost all touch with human emotions?

• Has socializing for today's youth lost all touch with human emotions? Yes...

Yes, the socializing of today's youth has lost its touch with human emotion. This is unfortunate, but true. With all of the kids and teens looking at screens most of their time, there is little interaction. For example teens text too much instead of going to see each other. There is no emotion in text, but there is emotion when you're with someone. Now don't get me wrong I do know that there are kids and teens out there that do hangout, but everywhere they go they pull out a cell phone and start texting right in front of each other in the middle of a conversation. I can't understand if it was important, but I don't think texting about someones new puppy is more important than the person in front of them.

• emotions and feelings

Humans really don't care any more about a lot to the every thing is the same and we just don't have that many emotions.Today we can watch scary movies and think it i
    s hilarious because we never really pay attention to thing we just look at things like it nothing.

• kids don't socialize.

Social media was meant to make interacting "easier". By easier, I do not mean it would promote interacting. Think of it this way: When someone comes to you bawling and screaming about a problem, isn't it easier (or cleaner) to comfort them by just typing a few words than putting your arm around them and being sensitive about what you say? It requires less depth, therefore making it the more appealing choice. Studies show that many kids and teenagers choose this option over face-to-face conversations. I am not saying this is an improvement. We should be excited about the relationships we have with other human beings, this is just a negative side of social media. Also observe how the more kids and teens use the internet and social media, the more socially-awkward they become, thus proving said internet and media promote themselves. A recent poll displayed most people use social media because it, "helps shy and lonely people make new friends."

• Not really if you think about it..

Youth is probably more in touch with their emotions, just through a different medium. Because of social media, Youth are able to express themselves easier. Anon who said yes stated that "When someone comes to you bawling and screaming about a problem, isn't it easier (or cleaner) to comfort them by just typing a few words than putting your arm around them and being sensitive about what you say" Which is true, but isn't it also easier for the person crying and in distraught to type out their feelings then to vocalize them without fear of someone not understand the words? They are becoming more sensitive, not less, thats why you see so many cyber bullying complaints. So once more i say, Youth are more in touch with their emotions, it is only through a different medium then before.

• People confused about youth

Ok. So kids use social media now... But they still hang out with their friends! It's not like ALL we do is just sit on our phones. Honestly, I probably spend more time talking to my friends with social media than I would without it because even when they didn't have it they still had "down time." In their "down time" people would spend it reading and watching TV etc. But not we can do those things AND talk to our friends all at the same time! On top of that, I talk to my friends in person way more than I ever do over an electronic device. I think adults are just trying to pin things on adolescence because that is what they've always done! In their age I'm sure adults complained about many things that they'd done. Technology is just another thing to blame. And on one last not, NO we did not have all these electronic things all our lives. I remember having a tape player for most of my childhood and I'm 17 years old. We just are adapting to the technological change easier.

• No, not at all.

Socializing is just as unique and dynamic as it ever was, the only difference is the digital medium allows it to span countries in real time. If anything, it is more interactive and immersive now because it provides round the clock access to other cultures and geographic viewpoints. While the lines on some emotions may have blurred, they are all still there. And they are all still as vibrant and real as ever.