• It shows how politically motivated we are

Yes, it shows that we don't really care and that our actions are politically motivated. There are other countries who are hurting, who want to be America's ally, who are in some danger from other countries but we don't show them nearly as much as attention because American voter's don't have much interest in those populations. As we see the demographics of this country change, interest will change and who we care about will change. Also, supporting Israel means we support their treatment of their citizens. This too hurts our credibility.

• Yes. We support them too strongly.

The level of unquestioned support for Israel is hard to understand when it is clear, at least to me, that Israelis play a role in oppressing Palestinians the same way the Jews were oppressed. When we express total support for everything Israel does, I think we lose our ability to look more objectively at the situation and see that both sides are at fault for the violence.

• Always supporting Israel harms international dialog

The United States has supported Israel in the past with very little debate or dissension about the way Israel develops and implements its policies toward people affected by them. This almost-mindless support has discouraged a meaningful international dialog among interested nations about issues Israel is concerned with, not just issues Israel's opponents would like to push. The US should carefully consider and allow more debate on whether or not Israel should be supported in every policy they make and implement.

• Authority and Influence

In my opinion, and this is a very disputable topic with neither a right, nor wrong answer, I believe that American support of Israel is the only influence in the Middle East that portrays our wealth and power. When you see a superpower support your enemy right before your eyes, you either feel a sense of hate, intimidation, or very possibly both. Also, American support of Israel has proved to be what Guam is to East Asia; the gateway in case of disaster. If a country, such as Iran, were to pull the trigger on a nuclear weapon, Israel will very likely be the HQ of our counter-ops.

I appreciate any and all respectful feedback and counters.

Thank you,
    Colby

• No, and why should it

Hurt their credibility, I don't think so, but allowing a nuclear Iran would most certainly do just that, the USA need to keep its close friends not abandon them in their time of need. And lose credibility in whose eyes ? The UN ?, Who cares what the toothless UN think, the Islamic world, the USA never had any respect from them anyway, when a nation stops supporting its ally, then it loses credibility in my eyes because they practically sided with the Argentineans over the Falklands, maybe in your eyes that does not matter. So it's a silly topic, the amount of yes answers baffle me.