• Basic skills fail.

When I was in school. Pocket sized calculators where somewhat new and using them in class was forbidden except for more advanced math classes like trig. Today, calculators are required in many schools as basic school supplies even at ages where the student would not be taking any advanced math course. The result is more and more kids loose basic math skills because they no longer need to use them.
    Another thing that has changed is when I was in school, everything was hand written either by pen or pencil. This was not just for school but when communicating anything not by voice, i.E., a letter. Today, very little is communicated by writing. Some schools have even considered not teaching kids how to write in cursive. Again, because kids don't use writing skills near as much, their handwriting suffers. Have you seen how kids write today? A teens handwriting looks like he is still in grade school.
    We also see evidence of laziness in other areas too as just about everything is only a few keystrokes away. Don't bother doing your own research, just type what your looking for in the search window and relax.
    Yes, technology does make things much easier but it is being used so often that people lack needed skills. That means, if the technology was not available, such as a power outage, they would be lost. Think about it, if not for instant meals, i.E., pop tarts, canned meals, mixes, or microwave meals, how many kids would only eat sandwiches? How many kids do you think have bothered opening up a recipe book? It would not surprise me if many homes don't even have any recipes in the home.

• Personal I think it has. It ruined somebody I love.

All she does is clue her eyes to her phone never listens to me. If she ever talks to me about about her phone. It just kills me. Hope you guys enjoy this opinion! I really want to know what you people think so, tell me what you think. Thanks!

• I myself am addicted and I can feel the negative effects but can't stop

I am losing my thought, i struggle to think for large portions of time because my brain is constantly run with new information in say, 7 second vines and five second fail videos. I am as addicted as a drug taker might be, if my phone loses charge i feel desperate and lost without it, i don't know how to work without it. I get frustrated. If i try to give it up i end up giving in because i need it for something "important". People wonder why we have no socrates, plato or aristotle of the modern day, it's because nobody thinks anymore, they just consume again and again, new articles new photos new status, they consume continuously new information and don't stop to think about it, it's just straight on to the next with continuous scrolling. I really hope the world wakes up before it's too late, and I aswell as other people am able to truly beat phone addiction which sounds ridiculous and almost laughable, but is very real.

• Atom bomb BABY

The creation of the atom bomb caused us much pain and worry, definitely during the cold war much of the US was so worried that one day all that they will see is a mushroom cloud of destruction. Japan already experienced this, lets hope no one else has to. Thanks to the atom bomb

• Imagination has been destroyed!

People in the past had to imagine things they did, but now with TV's and laptops and new games everything is in front of you. Imagination is slowly disappearing and is no longer in our children minds! What are we supposed to do? Limit our technology! It's ruining our lives.

• Death of humanity

Phones are almost indispensable in modern life, we use them for everything but we know nothing about what is happening outside the bubble that surrounds us unless the phone tells us. I believe it could be what was prophesied in the bible, the mark. Try leaving urs at home and see how you feel. You won't feel good, you will become anxious as if something essential to your life is missing when in reality it's a tool.

• Family the reason

The most important thing to a human being is family. But nowadays we can see family bond break through due to mobile phone usage etc. people should get the right things only from technology as their needed. It is more than that.Complicated. So that is the reason i think like that

• Technology is bad

Since Most people are on Technology than ever before they are becoming more and more unsocial. I mean they don't know how to act around other people, how to express true emotion, and how to keep relationships. Speaking from a personal experience on of my friends lets say her name is K she got her phone in 7th grade because I got mine. I didn't use my phone that much because I don't really like it because it is a big distraction. She started getting into social media and now I literally have to text her to get her to talk to me in person. My friend half the time doesn't know how to say how she feels or express feelings because she mostly is on social media and technology.

• Yes, but that doesn't mean it's all bad.

Technology is ruining people more ordinary than I am because many assume they should just be lazy. Technology alone can't control addictions. I have developed resistance skills from a site called My HAPPYneuron with a game called Color Trap. That game is based on The Stroop Effect. You have to name colors you see, not read any words. That's an appropriate way to develop an ability to resist addictions or keep them in moderation. Hiding something from someone that he or she is addicted to does not work because that person could still be thinking about what is hidden from him or her. I wish addictions chose realistic villains and not heroic people.

• I definitely believe that technology is ruining my life

I spend more time on my phone texting, snap chatting, and instagraming more than I spend actually talking to someone. It hasn't happened to me but I have seen hurtful words written to people which it called cyber bullying. Also, the more time I spend on my phone the less time I am doing something. When I am doing homework I always get distracted so easily by my phone beeping or ringing.

• No, humans are progressing with it

The pursuit of convenience is behavior inherent to humanity. Humans have always strived to make their lives more convenient through the utilization of tools. Through this ingenuity and this marked innovation that sets the humanity apart from animals, feats of science and engineering have allowed several benefits including heightened productivity and significant advancements in human longevity. Looking through the annals of history, any historian would note that the benefits of depending on technology significantly have far outweighed the potential burdens that come with dependence on technology. Even though humans utilize technological tools on a daily basis, technology has become an essential part of life that has provided people with numerous resources such as internet, word-processing and other applications that make life more convenient.

• Humans are benefiting from technology.

Without technology, we would be considered cave men. We would not be able to achieve as much as we can with the help of technology. Life would become more slow and depressing without smartphones and computers. So no, technology isn't ruining our lives and there is no reason to eliminate it from society.

• Made it better

Without technology we would basically be cave men. Technology is not just computers, smartphones and internet, but everything in your bathroom, your alarm, electronic lights and cars, trains and all traffic. If you spent 10 hours a day online, then yes, technology made a mess of your life, but you did that to yourself. And by the way, without technology, we couldn't discuss this online. Also, thater, movies, games, nothing would be there nowadays. So no, technology didn't ruin our lives, it made it better and easier.

• Technology has caused us to move forward!

While some people may think of technology as social media, apps, video games, etc., it actually is what has moved society forward. The lights you turned on in your kitchen? Technology was involved. The dentist appointment you scheduled online? Technology was involved. The sink you used to wash your hands after going to the bathroom? Technology was involved. Technology has shaped our world and enabled us to progress, not just kept teenagers glued to their phones. In fact, technology is the reason we all aren't Neanderthals living in the wild still hunting and gathering.

• Enrich our daily life

Technology enrich our daily life. The bad effects of technology is caused by the people themselves. They use it in a bad way, as spend whole day online or cause accidents on the road by looking your fb status and so on. You can gain a lot by using technology in a normal way. It makes life easier in positive sense.

Remember the phrase: gun's don't kill people, people kill people.

• Enrich our daily life

• Because just no why would u think that bro?

Fortnite fans are continuing to speculate after a meteor was spotted travelling over the game map a few weeks ago. Epic Games has yet to address ... The rumours of a meteor hitting Tilted Towers started last week when players started to spot what looked like a comet in the sky.

• How would you post your comments without technology? How will you be able to argue against these people without technology?

Without technology, studying is long, hard and boring. But with technology, things will be done much more quickly and you will have more time to play. Without technology, we can't know everything we need to know. Without technology, this world cannot work. Even something as simple as a fan, is a type of technology.

• No, absolutely. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

Without "technology" we wouldn't even be able to debate online.

It actually boils down to a question of whether things should be done in a practical or a rigorous way.

Throughout history we humans have adopted a practical approach. And it's worked out for us.

I've read an example bashing the excessive use of calculators when compared to previous years.
    It makes no sense, because we have been using practical techniques for learing stuff since forever. Even if you don't use a calculator you still are taught a lot of stuff without really going in depth as to how it was discovered and what are it's origins.