• Basic skills fail.

When I was in school. Pocket sized calculators where somewhat new and using them in class was forbidden except for more advanced math classes like trig. Today, calculators are required in many schools as basic school supplies even at ages where the student would not be taking any advanced math course. The result is more and more kids loose basic math skills because they no longer need to use them.
    Another thing that has changed is when I was in school, everything was hand written either by pen or pencil. This was not just for school but when communicating anything not by voice, i.E., a letter. Today, very little is communicated by writing. Some schools have even considered not teaching kids how to write in cursive. Again, because kids don't use writing skills near as much, their handwriting suffers. Have you seen how kids write today? A teens handwriting looks like he is still in grade school.
    We also see evidence of laziness in other areas too as just about everything is only a few keystrokes away. Don't bother doing your own research, just type what your looking for in the search window and relax.
    Yes, technology does make things much easier but it is being used so often that people lack needed skills. That means, if the technology was not available, such as a power outage, they would be lost. Think about it, if not for instant meals, i.E., pop tarts, canned meals, mixes, or microwave meals, how many kids would only eat sandwiches? How many kids do you think have bothered opening up a recipe book? It would not surprise me if many homes don't even have any recipes in the home.

• Personal I think it has. It ruined somebody I love.

All she does is clue her eyes to her phone never listens to me. If she ever talks to me about about her phone. It just kills me. Hope you guys enjoy this opinion! I really want to know what you people think so, tell me what you think. Thanks!

• Death of humanity

Phones are almost indispensable in modern life, we use them for everything but we know nothing about what is happening outside the bubble that surrounds us unless the phone tells us. I believe it could be what was prophesied in the bible, the mark. Try leaving urs at home and see how you feel. You won't feel good, you will become anxious as if something essential to your life is missing when in reality it's a tool.

• Family the reason

The most important thing to a human being is family. But nowadays we can see family bond break through due to mobile phone usage etc. people should get the right things only from technology as their needed. It is more than that.Complicated. So that is the reason i think like that

• Technology is bad

Since Most people are on Technology than ever before they are becoming more and more unsocial. I mean they don't know how to act around other people, how to express true emotion, and how to keep relationships. Speaking from a personal experience on of my friends lets say her name is K she got her phone in 7th grade because I got mine. I didn't use my phone that much because I don't really like it because it is a big distraction. She started getting into social media and now I literally have to text her to get her to talk to me in person. My friend half the time doesn't know how to say how she feels or express feelings because she mostly is on social media and technology.

• Yes, but that doesn't mean it's all bad.

Technology is ruining people more ordinary than I am because many assume they should just be lazy. Technology alone can't control addictions. I have developed resistance skills from a site called My HAPPYneuron with a game called Color Trap. That game is based on The Stroop Effect. You have to name colors you see, not read any words. That's an appropriate way to develop an ability to resist addictions or keep them in moderation. Hiding something from someone that he or she is addicted to does not work because that person could still be thinking about what is hidden from him or her. I wish addictions chose realistic villains and not heroic people.

• I definitely believe that technology is ruining my life

I spend more time on my phone texting, snap chatting, and instagraming more than I spend actually talking to someone. It hasn't happened to me but I have seen hurtful words written to people which it called cyber bullying. Also, the more time I spend on my phone the less time I am doing something. When I am doing homework I always get distracted so easily by my phone beeping or ringing.

• Disconnects us from our social lives

Even though social media outlets, such as; Facebook, Instagram and snapchat claim to "connect" us, we aren't connected. Is sitting in one room by lonesome, supposed to make us feel emotionally connected with a person from another part of the world? I don't think this is a relationship, or a connection. By socially communicating with someone online we aren't making friendships and relationships with the people in our daily lives.

• Technology is ruining our lives.

This day in age we no longer know our neighbors. We are so invested in technology we barely realize that we have people to talk to right here beside us. There are more obesities, and more sleep deprived people because of technology. We no longer pay attention to the world around us, or the people we talk online to. Also its easier to say things over the phone than it is in person and so people are obtaining these fake personas of confidence, because they hide behind the phones.

• Cancer. Suicide. Depression. Social Anxiety. Social Media contributing to 1/3 of divorces. Online bullying. Texting and driving worse than drunk driving. Workplace inefficiency. Nonstop updates.

Tech is amazing, but plumbing and sewage and medicine were pretty well off years ago. More tech requires more production, increasing pollution. The rich get richer, pollute more, don't care to clean up. More more more, we say, but we have reached a tipping point of inefficiency and self-destruction. Super-viruses, weak immune systems, too many laws governing too many things such that "void for vaguery" is a legitimate legal argument (I didn't know this law because there are too many to keep track of). If you're not in the top 1% to buy non-gmo, healthy foods and then have the time to prepare 1-3 real meals a day...Keep eating this fast-food and frozen poison. Food labels with 50+ chemicals and ingredients. I worked in agrichemical application for years and learned from farmers. Some years, an 80-acre (standard) field could have anywhere from 50-500 gallons of Round Up sprayed just for weed control because people are too lazy to want to...Go outside and pull weeds. So we drink poison by the gallons, wondering where this mystery disease Cancer comes from. Cancer pockets are popping up all over. Fukushima might still be leaking, I can't even keep up with anything now.

I greatly agree that some technological advances are neede but who says they have to be geared towards extremely inefficient (still 20 mpg) cars and trucks. I worked in the Secret/TS gov field of communications and gladly walked away from my 6-figure fluorescent lit job because what it takes to sustain this war machine and all of its' cool little bells and whistles has reached a point where most work too many hours, have terrible kids that they spend no time with, thus increasing stress. All so you can pay for the skyrocketing cost of healthcare for pills that you wouldn't need if you would go outside, get some sunlight and break a sweat doing something real and the right way.

When you cut too many corners, you're soon left with nothing to cut in the first place. The human race is greedier, lazier and less mindful of our only home more than ever before. I have had 2 extremely intelligent friends kill themselves recently and for similar reasons that I contemplate leaving this place...It's too much. I'm watching the smart ones leave this world and the dumb ones make more dumb kids. Idiocracy is upon us and the great trash avalanche is...Coming soon.

Perhaps we start flying our garbage into space, it begins to clutter the orbits we use for satellites and further exploration. I'm serious, look up space trash, it's already a problem. We rid ourselves of all of our plastic, lead, other unknown poisons that someone's making in a lab right now...Then what? All of our nuclear waste, how do you remove this from water, from Nuclear Waste Relocation sites...

I believe in some technology, but I feel we're trying too hard and not thinking about our own futures, let alone the next generations' future. Good luck Earth.

• No, humans are progressing with it

The pursuit of convenience is behavior inherent to humanity. Humans have always strived to make their lives more convenient through the utilization of tools. Through this ingenuity and this marked innovation that sets the humanity apart from animals, feats of science and engineering have allowed several benefits including heightened productivity and significant advancements in human longevity. Looking through the annals of history, any historian would note that the benefits of depending on technology significantly have far outweighed the potential burdens that come with dependence on technology. Even though humans utilize technological tools on a daily basis, technology has become an essential part of life that has provided people with numerous resources such as internet, word-processing and other applications that make life more convenient.

• Humans are benefiting from technology.

Without technology, we would be considered cave men. We would not be able to achieve as much as we can with the help of technology. Life would become more slow and depressing without smartphones and computers. So no, technology isn't ruining our lives and there is no reason to eliminate it from society.

• Made it better

Without technology we would basically be cave men. Technology is not just computers, smartphones and internet, but everything in your bathroom, your alarm, electronic lights and cars, trains and all traffic. If you spent 10 hours a day online, then yes, technology made a mess of your life, but you did that to yourself. And by the way, without technology, we couldn't discuss this online. Also, thater, movies, games, nothing would be there nowadays. So no, technology didn't ruin our lives, it made it better and easier.

• Technology has caused us to move forward!

While some people may think of technology as social media, apps, video games, etc., it actually is what has moved society forward. The lights you turned on in your kitchen? Technology was involved. The dentist appointment you scheduled online? Technology was involved. The sink you used to wash your hands after going to the bathroom? Technology was involved. Technology has shaped our world and enabled us to progress, not just kept teenagers glued to their phones. In fact, technology is the reason we all aren't Neanderthals living in the wild still hunting and gathering.

• Enrich our daily life

Technology enrich our daily life. The bad effects of technology is caused by the people themselves. They use it in a bad way, as spend whole day online or cause accidents on the road by looking your fb status and so on. You can gain a lot by using technology in a normal way. It makes life easier in positive sense.

Remember the phrase: gun's don't kill people, people kill people.

• Enrich our daily life

• No, absolutely. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

Without "technology" we wouldn't even be able to debate online.

It actually boils down to a question of whether things should be done in a practical or a rigorous way.

Throughout history we humans have adopted a practical approach. And it's worked out for us.

I've read an example bashing the excessive use of calculators when compared to previous years.
    It makes no sense, because we have been using practical techniques for learing stuff since forever. Even if you don't use a calculator you still are taught a lot of stuff without really going in depth as to how it was discovered and what are it's origins.

• We are benefiting from technology.

Technology has brought a lot of convenience to us.

Let's take the Internet as an example, it has a lot of information that is accessible from anywhere in the world. It's a never-ending resource that can be used for good, especially when we need it for educational purposes. Also, through Internet, we can keep in touch with our friends or family who are abroad. Some companies might also have their interviews or meetings through Skype. Google map is also one of the things that benefits us a lot. With it, we can plan about our trips more easily because we get to know the time that we will spend for traffic.

I am very grateful that there’s an invention of cameras because I can take pictures of my daily life for memories. And I think one of the best technology items is cellphone. Without it, it’d be difficult to contact your friends, colleagues and family when emergency.

Those who say it has ruined our lives might be because they're taking it for granted and they're addicted to it.

• We are benefiting from technology.