Has the issue of Quebec separatism distracted Canadians from more urgent and worrisome matters at home and abroad?

• Not My Country

That being said, The US has had similar discussions from fringe right wing people of this country. The argument seems like an over reaction of hate more than anything. Which means, that it does take away from the important issues that need to be addressed because we are listening to something that will most likely never happen.

• Yes it is

The issue of Quebec separatism has distracted Canadians from more pressing issues. For one, their leadership. It would behoove them to get Prime Minister Harper out of office as soon as possible. Also, they are one of the worst countries in the world when it comes to the climate, and are losing respect worldwide.

• Quebec separatism has distracted Canadians from more urgent matter at home

I truly believe that Quebec separatism has distracted Canadians from more urgent matter at home. There are many more important issues to deal with. The Quebec separation is just a simple matter that shouldn't even be a matter to begin with. Quebec will function both socially and economically better when it is part of Canada. Separating will just weaken both economies more.

• Making them forget

Yes, I think that this issue is causing a lot of problems for Canada, and taking the governments focus off of some very important things that they should be focusing on instead. They need to stop worrying so much about this matter, and start worrying about bigger issues affecting them.

• No It Hasn't

I do not believe the issue of Quebec separatism has distracted Canadians from more urgent or worrisome matters at home and abroad. This is issue has been brought up in addition to other problems and policies and addressing the issue is simply part of a fair and balance government system.