• It Is too Much

The gay rights movement is going to far to the point where they are getting more than annoying and they need to calm down... Gay people take their pride too far and start to get the mindset that being gay is okay and that their mental disability is okay and acceptable in this culture

• It's more than rights they want...

I believe in LGBT rights to the degree LGBT persons should be given the protection, accommodation, and the freedom every person in our nation deserves. If a police officer is brutal to someone who is LGBT, then by all means - this is a violation and their rights need to be defended. There are numerous other examples of course.

However, the idea that all of America must agree and even celebrate every one of their tenets is unrealistic, unjust, and not even practical. Even within the LGBT people are in disagreement. It doesn't seem right others can't hold a contrary opinion without being shouted down as bigoted or homophobic, especially when that opinion is informed, understanding, and loving.

I'm a rock climber and a father. Some people don't agree I should be scaling vertical walls when I have young children at home who love and depend on me. I certainly respect their opinion and agree to disagree. I particularly appreciate their thoughts though when I know they coming from a place of concern. It sharpens me and reminds me to be keep vigilant and safe on the rock.

One thing I would never do is force them to accept my love for climbing. Neither would I insist that they give up their "ignorant" concerns and demand they, in some way, celebrate my next ascent at the crag.

Of course, I know as with every analogy - this one breaks down. But what I'm trying to say is - in general, it's not right to make people against something they are morally, intellectually, or religiously for, or vice versa. It's even more wrong to ask them to be complicit in something they don't agree with.

Every person is deserving of their absolute rights given to them by Creator. But that does not mean a right to have everyone agree with me.

• At the end of the day it's a mental disorder.

Transgender and people wanting to change themselves or not feeling right in their bodies is not a healthy way of thinking. It's called GID. It should be diagnosed and treated appropriately not advertised. If you had ADHD or another mental disorder, you wouldn't go around telling everyone you need rights and anyone who doesn't agree is a selfish closed minded bigot. I do feel the need to say though I'm not against LGBT but I think it needs to be looked at appropriately.

• This country is out of order

Anyone with a working brain and a fully functioning internet browser knows it has no factual foundation and its just ignorance leading to more ignorance.. They've opened a bag of worms that we're all going to regret. Its destroyed the notion of family, and sexual morals.. I hope people relize the hole we've put ourselves into

• Tolerance Has Been Replaced by Ignorance

I do believe there are people out there that identify with being LGB or T. One of my best friends in legitimately transgender. But, this person has never come forth to anyone but his friends and family. Same thing goes for every legitimately gay, bisexual, and lesbian person I have known. None of this has ever affected their personalities or beliefs however, like it has so many others around who want to be LGB or T like its a trend. It needs to stop because it is becoming unreal. More and more, people are identifying as whatever as means for attention and appraisal. It's sickening, really. These people go and make a big deal about it, they say that any argument against them is discrimination, not only on them, but the whole "community." They shouldn't have their own community because they should still be part of ours, because they are still people. But (and I sincerely do believe it is in fault mostly of) the phonies, attention seekers coined LGBT community to try and stand out even more as different. People have forgotten their own individualities in their quest to stand out and be different. Political correctness does not exist today. Wether you are Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Native, Straight, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Male, Female, Questioning, Democratic, Republican, Capitalist, Communist shouldn't matter because we are all people born individual with differ background, personalities, beliefs. But in today's society, it seems only a straight white male is capable of committing crime. If anyone else is convicted, there is controversy about sexism, racism, and discrimination. Tolerance doesn't exist anymore, it's not about being politically correct, it's about trying to be as sensitive as possible, and too much of one thing can turn into a bad thing and run out of control such as what has happened. If we are really to grow as a community, we must all accept that everyone is born equal, regardless of race, gender, sexuality, religion, or politely alignment. We must accept that we are all capable of achieving, thinking, feeling, and acting by ourselves. We must all accept that anyone can do something great or heinous and it doesn't matter who you are. We can all be wrong. But until we can accept fault, we will never grow.

• Trampling the rights of others

I think in some ways they go to far. To be clear I am not anti gay nor am I religious. I just think that in their zest to gain "equality" they don't think of those around them nor care what their beliefs are. They basically say: It doesn't matter what your beliefs are if you don't agree with me then you are a bigot. The whole bathroom war is the perfect example. It sets a precedent that will allow peeping toms and pedophiles to go into whatever bathroom/changeroom they want (I am not referring to lgbt people) and all they have to do is say I identify with this gender whether they do or not. The first time I see a man in the womens change room at our local Y I will never bring my daughters there again. Nevermind the different religions and beliefs of people that I don't personally believe but they do and strongly. I think the lgbt deserves our respect and understanding but they also need to be respectful and understanding of others.

• Has the Civil Rights movement gone too far?

No it hasn't. Until we give them equal rights, and that includes laws against discrimination and it includes full equality, then they are going to keep fighting and they should. The Civil Rights movement didn't stop until they had full equality, and so should do so the the LGBT movement.

• They are normal people

Just because people have different sexual orientations, or gender identities, doesn't mean they need to be treated extremely differently. The problem here is really people's resistance to change, and their bias against different people. We, as a society have mostly gotten over the hill of racism, and this is the next hill we have to climb.