Has the standard Internet protocol of withholding the discussion of politics and religion run its course to the point of now being irrelevant?

• Yeah, it has.

I see less and less places around the net where they still keep up the standards that politics and religion shouldn't be discussed. I know that it keeps a community more civil to not allow this, but I feel that it is also wrong to tell people they can't discuss something so important to them.

• Everyone Talks About Religion and Politics

Everyone on the Internet discusses religion and politics. In some countries, these discussions are banned by governments. Those bans are irrelevant, especially since cell phone users can communicate through those means. Withholding topics of discussion on the Internet is foolhardy because someone will always find a way around blocks and change the standards.

• We have to talk about it.

Yes, the standard Internet protocol of withholding the discussion of politics and religion has run its course to the point that it is not irrelevant, because we all want to talk about those things. On the internet, if you talk about religion or politics, you can find someone that has common interests.

• No, I don't think that Internet protocol regarding politics and religion has run its course.

I do not think that the standard Internet protocol of withholding the discussion of politics and religion has run its course to the point of now being irrelevant. I think that there should always be some forums and Internet boards that are free of political and religious discussions to avoid issues.

• No, not at all.

Nothing on the internet becomes irrelevant, I've noticed. Like history in every other way, it always seems to repeat itself, whether by accident or trying to revive something for nostalgic reason. Nothing seems to ever run its course on the internet. There are even niches left during the rare times it does happen.