Has the Tea Party made a positive difference to American politics?

• Yes, the Tea Party has made some positive changes.

The Tea Party has usually been made fun of due to its extreme policies and beliefs. However, one positive thing that has come from the Tea Party is showing Americans that a difference can be made in politics, even if you do not have beliefs aligned completely with the two parties in power. The "grassroots movement" really can impact politics, and a lot of Americans would be happy to know that they can make changes with the government.

• They shut down the government

The Tea Party only wants to help corporations. Their social stances are from the dark ages. They're racist, sexist, homophobic, and uncharitable. Worst of all they want to live in an anarchical state, and not be a united country. That's not the America I grew up in. This is not the America I want.

• Nothing but a negative difference.

All the TEA Party really wants is to shrink the government until it is much smaller. In order to do so, they will be putting thousands of Americans out of work. They also want to take away certain rights, such as gay marriage, and they want to continue the death penalty. I want to point out that the US is one of the only conservative countries. There are some others, I know, but if a TEA Party member were to get into British Parliament, he or she may be arrested for treason. Trying to shut down and shrink the government is considered treason in some countries, and we're allowing it in America?