• Yes the House of Representatives have been hijacked by the Tea Party.

When the Tea Party won seats in the mid-term Congressional elections the first thing the new congressmen did was to service notice that they intended to rule by bullying and intimidation. What they have managed to do is hijack the Congress and make it almost impossible for any legit work to be conducted without their approval. However their day is coming in the November 2016 elections because America is tired of them!

• U.S. House of Representative is essentially being held hostage by the Tea Party.

Members of Congress, who are also Tea Party advocates, are more concerned with stirring up controversy and seem to have an increasing my-way-or-no way attitude, even when it completely shuts down the entire legislative process. For our government to function effectively, we need representatives who are willing to fight for our needs and goals, but who can do so by means of negotiation and compromise instead of bullying and disparaging the opposing party. With the growing divide between democratic and republican parties, we all need to remember we are still on the same side and share a common goal, which is to keep our government running smoothly. Every member of our government should be leading this country by example, and should act with respect for their office, their leadership and their colleagues, regardless of their political affiliations.

• I Strongly Disagree

Since I do not follow politics at all, I would have to say that I disagree with the debate question. To me, the U.S. House of Representatives seems like too much of a powerhouse to be hijacked by something as inferior as the Tea Party. Being that I'm on the outside looking in, I really have no idea if a party such as the Tea Party could hijack the U.S. House of Representatives.

• No, the U.S. House has not been "hijacked" by the Tea Party.

All Representatives in the U.S. House have an equal opportunity to be heard. The Tea Party is just one group among many. When there are opposing viewpoints the Representatives with those viewpoints need to stand up for themselves and make themselves heard. The voters have elected Tea Party members and those members are simply advancing their agenda - others have the same opportunity to advance a different agenda.

Vox_Veritas says2015-12-28T22:05:13.160
No more than any other group "hijacks" congress whenever it secures a large number of seats.