Has the World Health Organization done enough to monitor levels of lead in water?

• Yes, I think the World Health Organizations has done enough to monitor levels of lead in water.

I believe the WHO does a good job monitoring air and water quality across the globe, obviously the WHO can't force a nation to change their ways they can only monitor and warn about potential hazards in the water and air, I believe they have done the best job they can do in this regard.

• Yes, the WHO has done enough to monitor lead levels in water

The World Health Organization operates on a fixed budget. Living in the United States, I already have access to lead levels being monitored with organizations like the EPA, federal government, and local water authorities. Since these are already in play in the United States, the WHO should concentrate its funds in other countries needing assistance in access to clean water.

• No, but it does all it can

One of the primary goals of the World Health Organization is
    to assure that all the people of the world have access to safe drinking water. To
    pursue this goal, WHO makes recommendations and proposes regulations. However, as
    a UN agency, it cannot step in and force nations to follow the procedures it
    considers effective. Each nation naturally guards its sovereignty. WHO does all
    it can to publicize the dangers of lead, and to prompt local governments and
    NGOs to act on its information.

• No more can be done

This organization could do much more than what it currently is working on across the world when it comes to protecting the water supply for the world. Too many things may come into the water including that of lead which can cause harm of course for people that live throughout the world.