• Yes they have

Curse words are used so frequently now a days that they are just becoming other normal words. I go to school and kids just cuss at each other all the time, it's ridiculous. They also come up with new meanings all the time, like the b word now means a "female dog."

• Too many curse words!!!!

Curse words have worked their way into our everyday lives. I hate it. My religion does not accept cursing, yet it is everywhere. I try to avoid it, but find it almost everywhere. It makes me feel that people are pulling away from God and his plan to let us all return to him.

• Obviously kids have been exposed

All kids these days have experienced someone using "colorful" language, whether it be in school, on the bus, at home, or with friends. We have all become accustomed to hearing swears in our everyday life. The younger population is starting to catch on, so swears have definitely lost their shock value.

• Out with the New, In with the Old

Once upon a time the cuss words such as the F-bomb or words degrading women were taboo for everyone. However, students such as myself often cannot walk down the halls without hearing a "colorful" word. The words have lost their meaning and instead are used as an adjective as common as the words "awesome" or "amazing." However, the few people that still do find them offensive are no longer concerned with the word. They see them as a part of their daily lives that cannot be removed. Even to the "non-swearing folk," the words have lost their shock value.

• They have lost shock value

Every day you hear kids saying F you or calling someone an A-hole, but that has lost its affect since it happens so often. You hear them everywhere you go. Your watching a movie and you hear one, you go to the store and you can hear one. People use them as if hey are regular words . It's getting a lot worse for teens also. High schools are full of kids cussing and just saying it to who ever and whatever

• Nobody seems to care anymore

Many people, including myself, constantly swear without even thinking about it. But the thing is, nobody cares. I have sworn in front of adults including my parents, grandparents, teachers, and church staff accidentally, and not one person said anything more than to "watch your language". As a teenager, I hear swearing on a daily basis...Probably even a minutely basis! While adults constantly rant about how something as simple as "hell" would have landed them in a lot of trouble as child, they do nothing about their kids swearing, and in most cases, are the ones who teach us the bad words.

• It's called the "Dysphemism Treadmill."

Words over time lose their shock value and evolve into simple interjections or adjectives. Last century the word "sucks" would have been a profanity, but now it's just not nice to say.

It is the natural evolution of language. Language is meant to evolve, and they're all just words anyway. There is no evidence that a series of mouth sounds can "pervert a young mind."

• Curse Words are Trendy

Today's typical use of curse words are now trendy. We playfully call women out of their names in an affectionate or friendly manner instead of it purely being an insult. We use foul language as slang not only to express anger, but also humor. Bad language is common place to express frustration and part of witty commentary.

• Yes, We've Been Desensitized to Curse Words

Somewhere between social media and real life people have been cursing so much that there is not much shock value left. It seems like a lot of the younger population has to fill a quota of using a curse word in each sentence. While losing their shock value the words have also lost their main purpose which is to draw attention, we have cried wolf too much evidently.

• YES

They absolutely have lost their shock value in my mind. I mean, when I have to drop f-bombs to get somebody to look at me funny, then you know that things have changed. When I was a kid, just saying "hell" was enough to get you a look from just about every person in the room. It was just something you didn't do.

These days, the occasional curse word in every day situations isn't going to raise that much of an issue. Most people just don't care, anymore, and you'll find that people under about thirty can cuss like sailors without so much as even batting an eye.

• Yes, yes they have

Cussing, apparently, has become a part of our everyday language. In every hallway at school, you can't miss all the F-bombs or the S-words, and you couldn't forget people calling each other female dogs on the bus. In at least every conversation, there are at least 2 cuss words. I am ashamed to even be a part of this species, because people don't even bat an eye when you cuss.

• JJEWSAaaa a aaaa

AAA Aa a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aPPPPPLE aa a a a a d ad d a ad ada da dad ad da ad ad

• Not When Used Properly

When a well timed and appropriate curse word is used, and by the correct speaker, curse words can absolutely maintain their shock value. For example, after a little too much egg nog this Christmas, my grandmother let the mother of all f-bombs fly across the table, and we were all totally shocked.

GoCyclones says2015-05-12T16:40:00.707
Cyclones for the win