Have efforts to suppress the legacy of the Rodney King brutality worsened racial relations in the USA?

• Rodney King should be considered in our history.

Efforts to minimize the legacy and effect of the Rodney King story, not to mention his life, have had a detrimental effect on the racial relations in the United States today. This is a story that reveals so many layers and levels of our society, that it is harmful to willfully ignore it.

• No, I don't think the efforts to suppress the legacy of Rodney King have brutality worsened racial relations in the USA.

While I don't think that the action of suppressing Rodney King's legacy helped anything I think that overall racial relations in the USA are at the best levels in history, virtually all forms of discrimination by the Government have been eliminated and there are laws in place preventing private business from discriminating, I think overall racial relations are fine in the USA.

• He is not suppressed.

No, efforts to suppress the legacy of the Rodney King brutality have not worsened racial relations in the USA, because if anything, we are more sympathetic to the problems that Rodney King suffered through. In time, we have all come to realize how terrible the actions against him really were.

• No, there have not been efforts to suppres the legacy of the Rodney King beating.

It is hard to argue that efforts to suppress the legacy of the Rodney King brutality have worsened racial relations when it is not agreed upon that such efforts exist. A true example of efforts to suppress the legacy of an event can be seen in China's efforts to suppress the legacy of the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989. The ruling party of China forbids discussion of the Tiananmen Square protests. Within a year of the protests they had shut down 12% of the nation's newspapers. That is what suppression of a legacy looks like. Nothing in any way comparable has occurred surrounding the Rodney King beating. Coverage of the court trial of the officers and the riots that followed dominated American news coverage at the time, and a simple internet search will reveal further coverage in the years that followed.

• No They Haven't

I honestly do not believe there have been efforts to suppress the legacy of Rodney King, therefore I'm pretty sure these non-existent efforts have done little to harm race relations in the USA. Anyone can find out about Rodney King's past, it's all here, readily available on the Internet. Some people may not like Rodney King, his slate certainly isn't 100% clean.