• Surface Super Heroes

Listen, I love the Marvel Movies as much as anybody, but there's just no way to cram decades of intricate characters and plotlines authored by hundreds of different authors into a couple of hours twice a year. The Marvel Universe is expansive and it's great that the movies are there to serve as an introduction for regular folks, but the films will never reach the depth of what is on the panelled page.

• Yes, Marvel characters have lost depth in Hollywood.

The comic movie has become a bell cow for Hollywood. Hollywood is not known for having unique ideas or depth. Characters with nuances and depth in books, become two dimensional shells when the film adaptation comes out. People do not care too much, because the bar has been set so low.

• Marvel characters gain new facets

I think that what Hollywood is doing for Marvel characters, and other comic book characters, is allowing audiences to view them from other angles outside and off of the flat page. Roles traditionally filled by white men are now being filled by people of color or even women. It is a refreshing change.

• No, I do not believe that the Marvel characters and stories lost their depth in Hollywood

No, I do not believe that the Marvel Universe characters and stories lost their depth in Hollywood. I believe that there is still quite a bit of potential within these characters stories. The Marvel Universe is so massive that I find it hard to believe that there are not still great, breath taking stories to be found in it. For this reason, I believe that the Marvel characters have not lost their depth in Hollywood.