Have people become overly dependent on technology?

• Way too dependent on technology

Most kids these days don't even know how to use a dictionary because " Google has it all" so they don't see it as a necessary skill. Look around at how many people are engrossed in their phones walking down the street, or while driving. Most accidents are caused by people using their phones while driving, whether it be for GPS, to get on Facebook or anything else. It's insane for some people to fathom how anyone ever lived without texting, GPS, and Google. Technology is a big help and a big problem. So how do we know when too much is too much when it comes to using all the technology we have today?

• Good and Bad

Although technology benefits our lives greatly, it can go a bit too far. My cousins potty-trained their kids by letting them sit on the toilet for a half an hour watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on their iPhones. Isn't that a little ridiculous? Haha I think there are limits to tech and we should use them.

• WE are relying too much on everyday technology, what if it all disappeared?

Basically you use technology from the minute you get up (your alarm clock) to the minute you go to sleep (music). What if it all one day disappeared? What would you be left with? Would you even be able to communicate with your friends or enjoy life at least? I think we should all focus more on reality than just the screen in front of our face!

• Yes, but the line is hard to draw

I know for a fact that when I need to know something my brain instantly jumps to Google. I never have to figure out anything myself if I choose not to. Communication keeps me in contact with everyone. Without it I think society would have some serious issues to deal with. I also believe though that with proper mental training one can rely on technology and still retain good mental health. It's all about how aware you are of your actions.

• Yes, Technology has become an inseparable part of our lives

Yes, we have become overly dependent on technology. While it obviously has it's uses and we certainly live better for it. The accessibility to information that technology brings and dependency one it means that people, especially the younger generations tend to be at a loss without it. When people forget their phone and do not have it on their person, they often feel the phantom vibrations of the phone that is not there, much like a lost limb. There is less of a need to maintain knowledge when it is a mere google-search away; learn a language when we can just use automated translators and pocket-dictionaries; and, maintain normal social interactions when the majority of our friendships are maintained online. Removed from recent technology today for a week or for a month, we would find it hard to cope with the loss of the resources and shortcuts it provided us, something older generations who remember a time without house-to-house electricity would have no trouble doing.

• 25 Years Old and Addicted to my Iphone

I am realizing more and more as I begin to build a family, that I spend way to much time on my phone. I depend on my phone, the television, and my computer to do a lot of my communication. They also help me make money, and bring me the information I need to know about the environment around me. All of this sounds good; however, I am missing out on A LOT of face to face interaction. I am worried for the generations that will come after me.

• Yes, but ...

Yes, but ... I'd say yes people have became overly dependent on technology, but if they are its our fault. I mean what do you do know a days when you want a little kid to stop bothering you, you sit them in front of the tv, and turn on cartoons. I mean god forbid we actually put effort, and nurture the kid. And what else do we do when we're too lazy to actually do our homework, or work? We look up the answers on the internet. I mean if you make it such a vital part of your life, of course it is going to become a vital partYes, but ... I'd say yes people have became overly dependent on technology, but if they are its our fault. I mean what do you do know a days when you want a little kid to stop bothering you, you sit them in front of the tv, and turn on cartoons. I mean god forbid we actually put effort, and nurture the kid. And what else do we do when we're too lazy to actually do our homework, or work? We look up the answers on the internet. I mean if you make it such a vital part of your life, of course it is going to become a vital partYes, but ... I'd say yes people have became overly dependent on technology, but if they are its our fault. I mean what do you do know a days when you want a little kid to stop bothering you, you sit them in front of the tv, and turn on cartoons. I mean god forbid we actually put effort, and nurture the kid. And what else do we do when we're too lazy to actually do our homework, or work? We look up the answers on the internet. I mean if you make it such a vital part of your life, of course it is going to become a vital partYes, but ... I'd say yes people have became overly dependent on technology, but if they are its our fault. I mean what do you do know a days when you want a little kid to stop bothering you, you sit them in front of the tv, and turn on cartoons. I mean god forbid we actually put effort, and nurture the kid. And what else do we do when we're too lazy to actually do our homework, or work? We look up the answers on the internet. I mean if you make it such a vital part of your life, of course it is going to become a vital part

• I totally agree

I agree, it is true. People are way too dependent on technology. What has happened to plain old using a dictionary to look up words? My daughter asked me how to spell a word for her assignment when the power went out and I told her to look it up. She didn't know how to because "It's too hard."

• Yes, but ...

I'd say yes people have became overly dependent on technology, but if they are its our fault. I mean what do you do know a days when you want a little kid to stop bothering you, you sit them in front of the tv, and turn on cartoons. I mean god forbid we actually put effort, and nurture the kid. And what else do we do when we're too lazy to actually do our homework, or work? We look up the answers on the internet. I mean if you make it such a vital part of your life, of course it is going to become a vital part.

• Technology is not the problem man.

Technology is not the problem. It is the way that we use it. If we just used it as a tool instead of as a way to escape reality then all is fine. It is the people who sit on their asses playing video games all day that make it seem that way.

• We are not to dependent on technolgy

We are not to dependent on technology because people use their technology and gadgets for lots of useful things such as keeping up with news, emailing people for connecting and working, and having a complete office with you every day. Also we technology can be anything. Cars and Planes are technology. Are we to dependent on cars and planes?

• Communicating with Phones in 1 Household!?!

Many people admit they cannot survive one day without gadgets such as phones, laptops and computers, tablets, and more. We are very dependent on technology. We even rely on those gadgets just to entertain us on occasions. Besides all that, technology is ruining the future generations and will spoil the generations after that.

• Just cause we rely often on technolgy doesnt mean we are dependent

I have heard people say that life is way harder without technology. We know this, but technology was created to make life easier, that is the main purpose. Just cause we might rely on something doesnt mean we can't live without it. Sure it will be harder since we are used to it, but not impossible.

• Maybe one of out of every ten persons is overly dependent

Technology makes life faster, easier and smarter. If people consuming all sorts of technology are physically fit and have enough skills, then there's no problem at all. Problem is only with those people who become dumb, frustrated, depressed and lose confidence in deprivation of technology; and these kind of people are only 10%.

• Not they are

The human civilization underwent many changes and developments with the passage of time. Early man lived in caves and forests. They lived on the food available in the forests. Science has blessed mankind with all the basic comforts of life.
    What would happen if your computer crashed? What about if you lost your cellphone? If just thinking about these scenarios gives you anxiety, you’re not alone. Most of us rely so much on technology these days that losing it, even for a day, would be extremely inconvenient, and for some, life-altering. So what if you took that technology out of your life for a day voluntarily?
    What does if facebook or twitter will not work?
    Yes thse are our needs and habit , if you have a habit of getting up early in the morning ,if someones force you to sleep more what you will do oh ya feeling awkward .So thats only cause for it .....................
    Technology is good and bad Yes, technology is slowly taking over our social lives and slowly creeping into our relationships and everyday activities. But technology isn't really the problem. It is the people that use it and how they use it that effects the overall negative and positives of technological advances. We as a race today decide on how we use technology and how much that we let it take over our lives. Without technology there would be more bad than good. Yes, it is stopping many kids from physical activities because they are inside watching TV or playing video games which is leading to an increase in obesity and laziness. But without technology how would we be able to communicate easily, prevent diseases make jobs more doable, and to transport items more easily. Just think!!! Prices would be higher because it would require more people and labor to create the things that we need in life that could have been easily done with technology. We as a whole should create a line where technology ends and face to face social communication beginsYes, but the line is hard to draw I know for a fact that when I need to know something my brain instantly jumps to Google. I never have to figure out anything myself if I choose not to. Communication keeps me in contact with everyone. Without it I think society would have some serious issues to deal with. I also believe though that with proper mental training one can rely on technology and still retain good mental health. It's all about how aware you are of your actions.

• No we need it

No, because we the people need technology because without it we all would be dummies and if you look at this page almost all of the paragraph's In the yes column are mostly made by one man or women and yes I agree with the yes people but we really need internet and technology because the dictionaries are to slow nada wast of time.

• Technology is good and bad

Yes, technology is slowly taking over our social lives and slowly creeping into our relationships and everyday activities. But technology isn't really the problem. It is the people that use it and how they use it that effects the overall negative and positives of technological advances. We as a race today decide on how we use technology and how much that we let it take over our lives. Without technology there would be more bad than good. Yes, it is stopping many kids from physical activities because they are inside watching TV or playing video games which is leading to an increase in obesity and laziness. But without technology how would we be able to communicate easily, prevent diseases make jobs more doable, and to transport items more easily. Just think!!! Prices would be higher because it would require more people and labor to create the things that we need in life that could have been easily done with technology. We as a whole should create a line where technology ends and face to face social communication begins

• Tech helps all people

Everyone says that technology is killing our social skills kids don't know how to talk to each other and the like but why would people need to talk to each other arrange a meeting if they can just talk through text email and IM. With out technology we would still be cave people no fire no innovation technology isn't the problem its people who hook themselves its people that send important messages over text its not the technology its the people who use it. Just think to yourself what was the first thing that came to mind when you heard that you could send words through the air from New York to California in under a second. That is what technology is cure for cancer, leukemia, and many other diseases, without technology our human race would have died before it even had a chance.

Debaterer1 says2015-06-04T11:30:34.367
Technology gives us hope and let's us fight true despair
hofmann says2016-04-01T19:43:28.030
The people saying yes and complaining about tech. Are using tech. To complain on this website
hofmann says2016-04-01T19:43:34.327