Have people become overly dependent on technology?

• Way too dependent on technology

Most kids these days don't even know how to use a dictionary because " Google has it all" so they don't see it as a necessary skill. Look around at how many people are engrossed in their phones walking down the street, or while driving. Most accidents are caused by people using their phones while driving, whether it be for GPS, to get on Facebook or anything else. It's insane for some people to fathom how anyone ever lived without texting, GPS, and Google. Technology is a big help and a big problem. So how do we know when too much is too much when it comes to using all the technology we have today?

• WE are relying too much on everyday technology, what if it all disappeared?

Basically you use technology from the minute you get up (your alarm clock) to the minute you go to sleep (music). What if it all one day disappeared? What would you be left with? Would you even be able to communicate with your friends or enjoy life at least? I think we should all focus more on reality than just the screen in front of our face!

• Yes, but the line is hard to draw

I know for a fact that when I need to know something my brain instantly jumps to Google. I never have to figure out anything myself if I choose not to. Communication keeps me in contact with everyone. Without it I think society would have some serious issues to deal with. I also believe though that with proper mental training one can rely on technology and still retain good mental health. It's all about how aware you are of your actions.

• Yes, Technology has become an inseparable part of our lives

Yes, we have become overly dependent on technology. While it obviously has it's uses and we certainly live better for it. The accessibility to information that technology brings and dependency one it means that people, especially the younger generations tend to be at a loss without it. When people forget their phone and do not have it on their person, they often feel the phantom vibrations of the phone that is not there, much like a lost limb. There is less of a need to maintain knowledge when it is a mere google-search away; learn a language when we can just use automated translators and pocket-dictionaries; and, maintain normal social interactions when the majority of our friendships are maintained online. Removed from recent technology today for a week or for a month, we would find it hard to cope with the loss of the resources and shortcuts it provided us, something older generations who remember a time without house-to-house electricity would have no trouble doing.

• 25 Years Old and Addicted to my Iphone

I am realizing more and more as I begin to build a family, that I spend way to much time on my phone. I depend on my phone, the television, and my computer to do a lot of my communication. They also help me make money, and bring me the information I need to know about the environment around me. All of this sounds good; however, I am missing out on A LOT of face to face interaction. I am worried for the generations that will come after me.

• Good and Bad

Although technology benefits our lives greatly, it can go a bit too far. My cousins potty-trained their kids by letting them sit on the toilet for a half an hour watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on their iPhones. Isn't that a little ridiculous? Haha I think there are limits to tech and we should use them.

• Technology, good and bad

We all know that technology has a big part in today's society. Technology has, indeed, its advantages. We have access to pretty much the best resources we can find on the internet, for example, Google. Unfortunately, there seem to be a lot of disadvantages. Let's say we are giving a dare to not use any technology for 2 weeks, most people would crack, 90% of the people wouldn't be able to handle not communicating with their friends or knowing everything that is happening by the minute, these people are what we call addicted to their phones, which is pretty much the majority of us. Take away someone's phone, they'll get mad, some will cry, why? It's simple, some people like to think that their whole world revolves around it, like we're invading their personal space. Like it or not, these are facts, we as a society cannot bear to think of a world without technology. Yes, technology makes some things easier, but it also makes things very hard. Let's just point out the fact that this debate is happening on the internet. This debate isn't necessary for us, it is a perfect example of us using technology for things we don't necessarily need. In conclusion, yes, we have become overly dependent on technology.

• Technology has it's downsides, but it has helped us in bigger situations before.

I say we are overly dependent, but I also think that technology is needed for some things. For example, if you were are gaming addict and technology was banned, then a apocalypse could actually happen depending on what the world is then. But technology has killed more people than helped, so I say yes to this topic.

• Yes. People are becoming too dependent on tech

Tech is sometimes bad and good, but when we are too attached to it, it slowly ruins our lives. We need internet for everything nowadays. Kids are inside, people are too busy in virtual reality. Most accidents happen because of phones. This is a continuous problem. So, everybody, let's disconnect to connect!

• We are not to dependent on technolgy

We are not to dependent on technology because people use their technology and gadgets for lots of useful things such as keeping up with news, emailing people for connecting and working, and having a complete office with you every day. Also we technology can be anything. Cars and Planes are technology. Are we to dependent on cars and planes?

• Technology is not the problem man.

Technology is not the problem. It is the way that we use it. If we just used it as a tool instead of as a way to escape reality then all is fine. It is the people who sit on their asses playing video games all day that make it seem that way.

• Technology is the future

If it weren't for technology, I would not be able to post this right now, if it weren't for technology, you wouldn't be able to communicate with friends or family across the globe in seconds, if it weren't for technology, the masses of research going into cancer could not be carried out.
    From the wheel to the Iphone 5s, technology has given us some of the greatest inventions of all time, it always has and always will...Technology is the future.

• Communicating with Phones in 1 Household!?!

Many people admit they cannot survive one day without gadgets such as phones, laptops and computers, tablets, and more. We are very dependent on technology. We even rely on those gadgets just to entertain us on occasions. Besides all that, technology is ruining the future generations and will spoil the generations after that.

• Just cause we rely often on technolgy doesnt mean we are dependent

I have heard people say that life is way harder without technology. We know this, but technology was created to make life easier, that is the main purpose. Just cause we might rely on something doesnt mean we can't live without it. Sure it will be harder since we are used to it, but not impossible.

• Maybe one of out of every ten persons is overly dependent

Technology makes life faster, easier and smarter. If people consuming all sorts of technology are physically fit and have enough skills, then there's no problem at all. Problem is only with those people who become dumb, frustrated, depressed and lose confidence in deprivation of technology; and these kind of people are only 10%.

• Not they are

The human civilization underwent many changes and developments with the passage of time. Early man lived in caves and forests. They lived on the food available in the forests. Science has blessed mankind with all the basic comforts of life.
    What would happen if your computer crashed? What about if you lost your cellphone? If just thinking about these scenarios gives you anxiety, you’re not alone. Most of us rely so much on technology these days that losing it, even for a day, would be extremely inconvenient, and for some, life-altering. So what if you took that technology out of your life for a day voluntarily?
    What does if facebook or twitter will not work?
    Yes thse are our needs and habit , if you have a habit of getting up early in the morning ,if someones force you to sleep more what you will do oh ya feeling awkward .So thats only cause for it .....................
    Technology is good and bad Yes, technology is slowly taking over our social lives and slowly creeping into our relationships and everyday activities. But technology isn't really the problem. It is the people that use it and how they use it that effects the overall negative and positives of technological advances. We as a race today decide on how we use technology and how much that we let it take over our lives. Without technology there would be more bad than good. Yes, it is stopping many kids from physical activities because they are inside watching TV or playing video games which is leading to an increase in obesity and laziness. But without technology how would we be able to communicate easily, prevent diseases make jobs more doable, and to transport items more easily. Just think!!! Prices would be higher because it would require more people and labor to create the things that we need in life that could have been easily done with technology. We as a whole should create a line where technology ends and face to face social communication beginsYes, but the line is hard to draw I know for a fact that when I need to know something my brain instantly jumps to Google. I never have to figure out anything myself if I choose not to. Communication keeps me in contact with everyone. Without it I think society would have some serious issues to deal with. I also believe though that with proper mental training one can rely on technology and still retain good mental health. It's all about how aware you are of your actions.

• No we need it

No, because we the people need technology because without it we all would be dummies and if you look at this page almost all of the paragraph's In the yes column are mostly made by one man or women and yes I agree with the yes people but we really need internet and technology because the dictionaries are to slow nada wast of time.

• Technology is good and bad

Yes, technology is slowly taking over our social lives and slowly creeping into our relationships and everyday activities. But technology isn't really the problem. It is the people that use it and how they use it that effects the overall negative and positives of technological advances. We as a race today decide on how we use technology and how much that we let it take over our lives. Without technology there would be more bad than good. Yes, it is stopping many kids from physical activities because they are inside watching TV or playing video games which is leading to an increase in obesity and laziness. But without technology how would we be able to communicate easily, prevent diseases make jobs more doable, and to transport items more easily. Just think!!! Prices would be higher because it would require more people and labor to create the things that we need in life that could have been easily done with technology. We as a whole should create a line where technology ends and face to face social communication begins

Debaterer1 says2015-06-04T11:30:34.367
Technology gives us hope and let's us fight true despair
hofmann says2016-04-01T19:43:28.030
The people saying yes and complaining about tech. Are using tech. To complain on this website
hofmann says2016-04-01T19:43:34.327