Have people forgotten what Christmas is really about?

• The Birthday of Jesus Christ...

Its about Jesus Christ. He sacrificed his life for us. He did all of the amazing miracles to human. We should celebrate the birth of Christ. In the morning before you open all of your presents! You should say a pray to say happy birthday to him and just thank him.

• Over expensive gifts and religion

My first point is that most people nowadays only care about the fact that they want expensive gifts, such as consoles, perfumes and money. Christmas is about getting together with family and having fun.
    My second point is that the religion around the holiday has become murky. The only religion that is thought about is Christianity not Yule which Christmas is based on. The "rituals" that happen every Christmas are based off of the similar rituals that happen in yule. For example the lunch feast of turkey, pork, beef or chicken is a central part of yule because it was a celebration on the fact that you and your family had survived the winter to that point. The gifts as well were a pagan tradition to show that you cared. The decorative Christmas tree is also a pagan tradition. Also did you know that the addition of Christ to the celebration of the winter solstice didn't happen until 300 years after Christ. The reason for Christianity ad paganism to have similarities is because as the romans conquered Europe they wanted to convert them from paganism to Christianity, so Christianity absorbed paganism so as to convert them. They took celebrations such as Eastre(yes I spelt it right), which became Easter: and the vernal equinox which became the Feast of the Annunciation.

• The true meaning of Christmas

From being a child to now a teen I realise that I had completely lost/forgotten the true meaning of Christmas. My mum had yelled at me and called me an ungrateful selfish child because I would always complaIn about the things I got. I would beg for over expensive things gaming consoles, phones, computers. And so I recieved these things. I look on social media sites to find people with overly expensive things, children getting everything they want. Most children in this year dont even know who Jesus is they only know who Santa Claus is. I see people posting photos of themselves with heaps of presents they arent grateful at all. But one person out of everyone that I know realised, the true meaning of Christmas being with your family and recieving small gifts to one another. Be grateful for one not wish for more or think tou didnt get enough presents. This is another opinion of mine, Christmas decorations are put up to early. As soon as November comes around and I go to th the shops theres decorations everywhere and Christmas music playing. I'm pretty sure I have heard every single Christmas song that there is to be heard from that. Theres even commercials for amazing deals for christmas in November. It personally annoys me a little bit. I also think theres more songs in the world singing about Santa Claus then there is about Jesus theres one song but it's an old song and my mum and dad would always play the song on Christmas day via a music radio but now I never hear it instead I hear some santa song from Ariana Grande. I feel like there is only a few of us left that know the true meaning of Christmas. Bye Merry Christmas, Goodnight.

• So many people have forgot what Christmas is really about.

Most people have forgot what Christmas is really about because all children do now is get selfish and ask for lots of expensive things and don't care about the reason behind it even if they do learn it and school by doing school plays and other stuff so I think more younger people need to learn about it so they can under stand it more and more as they grow up and have children of there own so they can celebrate Christmas like you are suppose to do.

• The Holy Time

I) I agree that people, as a whole, have forgotten the real meaning of Christmas because most people really have forgotten the true meaning of Christmas or choose to be blind or ignorant and don't want to believe in the actual meaning of Christmas, why the holiday exists and why it's celebrated. Not to mentions everyone with their greed, only caring only about the presents. It's normally the children., but adults have the same problem but to me, if anything the Christmas story has a hidden meaning in it in showing the humble beginnings and the aftermath of the birth of Jesus Christ. He came from a virgin mother, whom travelled long distances on the back of a donkey only to end up giving birth in a stable, and even then the shepherds and Wise Men were able to find him. People are brainwashed into thinking that Christmas is about shopping and getting the best deals you can for presents due to the adverts that companies or others show weeks before Christmas. This just lets Christians forget the meaning of Christmas and only think about what to buy their family for Christmas instead of getting their family together and going to church or going and helping other people.

• The Holy Time

• It's Sadly So True..

Most people really have forgotten the true meaning of Christmas or choose to be blind or ignorant and don't want to believe in the actual meaning of Christmas, why the holiday exists and why it's celebrated. Not to mentions everyone with their greed, only caring only about the presents. It's mostly the kids, but adults have the same problem.

• Christmas through ways

It is celebrating through many ways and people forget that, they only care about presents ,Santa, and food and nothing else not vey good to every person is it not a joke this is a serious matter do you care about Christmas if yes then think about all these thing on Christmas

• People are selgish

Christmas is all about with loved ones. Not about presents or gifts. No one really cares about being with family, they only care about waking up on Christmas and opening presents. Some people don`t get the time to get up on Christmas with presents. Some people don`t have families. Some people don`t live long enough to know what Christmas is.

• No I Don't Think so

I think people know what Christmas is really about--celebrating love in its many forms. Even though the commercial aspect of the holiday can seem overwhelming, people know that Christmas is so much more than that. Every year there are incredible stories of people reaching out in love and kindness to their fellow men and as long as we have that, we know that we have the true meaning of Christmas.

• Christmas' Meaning Subjective

If you ask 100 people what Christmas is about, you will get a variety of answers. I do not think people have forgotten what the holiday is about. It is more of a matter of the holiday having a different meaning for different people. Some enjoy it because they can give gifts, many like to spend time with family and friends, and others appreciate it because of the religious meaning behind the holiday.

• Christmas through ways