Have terrorists tainted the reputation of Muslims?

• Muslims aren't as bad as they are portrayed

The problem with us Muslims is that we let extremist idiots ruin the entire reputation of our religion. The religion who's name literally translates to PEACE. For people who don't know Islam prohibits the attacking of ANYONE, Muslim or not, unless they started it. But extremists are killing people all over the place and actual Muslims don't do anything about it.

• Terrorists cause the hate of Muslims today

A few bad apples have ruined the whole bunch. Yes, Muslims have done bad. Some have been terrorists. Islams are slicing people's head off. But not all are. It's horrendous, but true. Everybody hates on Muslims, some have even had the nerve to approach them in stores and called them terrorists. This has proved they are all being labeled as terrorists when it's really just a bunch of bad people who ruined their image.

• Overall terrorists have tainted the image of Muslims.

Terrorists have became associated in the eyes of many with Muslims. Many terrorists are Muslim, or come from Muslim nations, so many people have began to associate terrorists with Muslims. Not all Muslims are terrorists, but due to a large number of terrorists being Muslim, they have tainted the image of Muslims.

• Hmmm. I Wonder...

Narrated By 'Abdullah: During some of the Ghazawat of the Prophet a woman was found killed. Allah's Apostle disapproved the killing of women and children.

Narrated By Ibn 'Umar: During some of the Ghazawat of Allah's Apostle a woman was found killed, so Allah's Apostle forbade the killing of women and children.

Ibn `Abbas says: The Messenger of Allah, when dispatching his troops, would tell them, ” ..Do not behave treacherously, nor misappropriate war-booty, nor mutilate [those whom you kill], nor kill children, nor the people in cloisters.”

Do you think Islaam allows terrorism?

So here is what we know from these authentic ahadeeth. You don't kill children, you don't kill women, you don't kill the elderly, and you don't kill anyone in cloisters.

• ohh bloody yes !!

just because these terrorist training camps train the people to do wrong things by saying its all in the name of allah!!
    Islam does not teach terrorism !!
    Infact, the old testament in the bible and the first half of quran is just the same!!
    just because all terrorists majorly are muslims ... a lot of innocent muslims with the names similar to a MOST WANTED are detained in US for interrogation which can sometimes get nasty..!!
    Indian ace actor shahrukh khan was not spared at US for being a muslim!!!
    The terrorists have certainly tainted the image of muslims and islam !

• Yes

While it is not true that all Muslims are terrorists, the terrorists that we have encountered certainly paint a bad picture. It is an awful thing because one shouldn't be judged by their religion and yet you will find so many people doing exactly that. Hopefully this will change in the near future.

• Come on, really?

How is this a real thing? Every well known terrorist (barring Joseph Kony, although he doesn't exactly do wonders for his religion) is claimed to be Islamic. If that doesn't paint the imperfect picture of being Muslim, then I have no idea what rock you've been hiding under.

• Yes.

While it's obvious that the terrorists were unlikely to be Muslims in practice, in general religions are judged by the actions of the most extreme. People still give Christians flak for Hitler.

• Yes.

Have you ever noticed how one person in a group will cause others in the group to be judged by it. For example, I'm a Christian but I don't hate gays. My friend is a Jehovah Witness but her and her family don't go around trying to force their religon on you. It's just like Muslims. I don't believe all Muslims want to destroy America.

• ISIS does it in the name of Islam

The whole reason why ISIS takes sex slaves, bomb and attack infidel countries is because verses in the Quran says that this is OK. ISIS represents the most loyal Muslims that could possibly exist ( There are actually more of these muslims than you think.). Not to mention Islam has had a pretty bloody history. So no, terrorism hasn't ruined the reputation of Islam or some muslims.

• Muslims Terrorists Do Not "Misunderstand" Islam

Muslims extremists present a perfectly plausible representation of Islam. Concepts like Jihad, "House of War / House of Islam", and Islam's sexist, pornographic depiction of the afterlife are all contributing factors to terrorism. And while not all Muslims engage in this type of behavior, there is enough in Islam to encourage those who do.

• It taints the reputation of ARABS, not MUSLIMS.

Islam is a religion all over the world practiced by people all over the world. The Wests' "problems" with terrorism have always revolved around conflict in the middle east, but you never see the Muslims in Malaysia taking up arms. We need to stop blending these two together and start beginning to realize that is more so a culture clash between races, rather than a crusade between religions. The unfortunate thing is that religion is unfortunately being used as that medium.

• Go to a college campus and ask around.

Colleges these days tend to have well educated young adults, like myself. While terrorists do make islam seem like a violent religion, a very good number of muslims (albeit youtube comments mostly) are against the violent acts committed in the name of allah or muhammad. I myself an agnostic growing up in a catholic home, so I got a negative first image of muslims around 9/11. But, now I'm 20, and a number of my friends are muslims.

I think we will all see islam divide into two sects soon, one that defends muhammad & allah with peace, and one that commits acts of terror. So... to answer this question with a more specific answer than yes or no...

It depends on the ignorance of the community you ask. I'd never attempt to defend terrorists- but if you ask a non-violent muslim, they'll say that the terrorist has actually betrayed their faith. So to a muslim amongst other muslim, the reputation of muslims is untainted.

Darsodot says2013-12-17T12:22:50.817