• The Wild Hunt Celebration: Scandinavian Lore

As an English teacher who once taught a course on Norse mythology, the Wild Hunt has various meanings in different cultures. I am familiar with the celebration in Norse mythology, where Odin rides his eight-legged horse during a late winter night. Children would take their shoes off before going to bed and would then leave hay in their shoes for Odin's horse to eat. In the morning, there would be a treat in their shoes (left by their parents of course) for having helped Odin during his Wild Hunt. Some argue that this pre-Christian celebration was then Christianized into Saint Nick's celebration, in which children would leave one shoe out at night and wake up to treats in their shoes the next morning.

• No I have not

I have never heard of the Wild Hunt Celebration before, I have no idea what it is. A quick Google search showed that it had something to do with pagenism - I will remain objective until learning about what it is, what it entails, who celebrates it, etc, etc, etc

• No I haven't.

I'm interested, but I've never heard of this before. It sounds like something that may be an interesting read. If it's about hunting then I likely will not enjoy it. If it's a metaphor for something else I'm down to hear more about it. I'll have to do some reading.

• I have never heard of the Wild Hunt celebration.

Unfortunately, many people have never heard of the Wild Hunt celebration. For those of us who are not familiar with the celebration, it takes place from December 20 through the 31 and is the most important of all Norse holidays. The Norse population believes that on the first night, Ingvi Freyr rides around the world bringing back love and light to those who have lost them.