• A Festivus for the rest of us!

I love Seinfeld, I watch Seinfeld all the time, it is shown everyday on Sony here in Brazil, festivus is a great holiday and much more creative than Christmas(which I'm sick of), anyway if you hate Christmas, this is a great holiday to spend with your friends or family, enjoy.

• Festivus For the Rest of Us

The Festivus celebration was invented by George Cantaza's father on the popular American sitcom Seinfeld. It takes place on December 23rd, the day before Christmas Eve. It involves traditions such as the Festivus metal pole, the airing of grievances, and feats of strength. Since that episode aired, some people have celebrated this holiday in real life.

• Yes I have

The Festivus celebration started from a Seinfeld episode. It's a celebration that was designed to include everyone. It was a very funny Seinfeld episode in which they came up with the Festivus idea. I'm not sure if it ever became a real thing, but I have heard of it through the show.

• Festivus, the secular holiday celebration!

Festivus is a great way to still engage in the festivities and celebrations around the end of the calendar year (12/23 to be exact) from a secular point of view. Here people can celebrate without being Christian and free from society's commercialist pressure of gift giving and spending too much money.

• The Festivus celebration is not popular on a global scale

No, the Festivus celebration, held on December 23, conflicts with the traditions of Christmas. The celebration is an alternate holiday for those seeking to break away from the commercial side of Christmas. It is both a parody and secular holiday. Festivus is really mostly a product of popular culture. However, it is a way for people who do not celebrate Christmas to be part of the festive season. Many people have probably never heard of this day,and will not take the time to learn about it either. In general, people may celebrate a traditional Christmas in different ways, and it could take on a profound form of religious observance as opposed to a lavish or superficial commercial form.