Hear a clip of John Legend and Ariana Grande's 'Beauty and the Beast' duet: Does Disney make too many re-makes of the same stories?

• Nonanimated and animated

Yes, Disney does have too many remakes. I think they have at least 2 of each fairy tale. Even though one is animated and the other is not, there are still too many similarities.I can think of plenty...Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and The Beast, The Jungle Book, Pete's Dragon, etc.

• I guess they're out of ideas.

For the past few years, Disney has been ruining innocent fairy tales and their old movies by making them into these live-action intense drama movies. "The Jungle Book" is the most recent one to my knowledge, and they've made several movies that are basically the same movie with different princesses of different races just to cover up their somewhat racist past. They need new ideas, new stories and new people.

• . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .... . . . .. . . . . . . . . .. .. .. . . . . .. ... . .. .. . . . . .. / . Im hella bored hmu

• Yes, Disney makes too many remakes

Disney makes too many remakes of stories that they have already told. The remakes that they make are usually significantly worse than the original and do not add anything of value to the story. They appear to be attempts to get as much money for as little effort as possible.

• Yes, I think so.

"Remake" is a Hollywood and Disney executive's favorite word. Almost as long as movies have been made, there have been directors, producers and writers clamoring to reboot the hell out of everything that's ever hit theaters. Why? Because sometimes, it really works. Lately, it seems like there's been a growing trend of remaking big-budget movies that feel like they were just in Theaters.

• Yes they do

Although I think that's ok, because it appeals to all viewers. And it is a way of showing to younger generation the movies that we had and seeing it again makes you feel nostalgic.

I will end this statement with:
    Some stories never gets old.

Just writing some random words because it is needed

• No of course!

Disney fairy tale movies are children and adults' favorite. They probably won't feel bored of watching tons of re-makes. Different actor and actress acting the same movie will have a different result in the end. Here's an example:
    Cinderella in the 2015 and the Cinderella in the 1950. Which would you prefer? Of course most of the people will prefer the latest one. Why? Because it is more modern. Not everyone loves the old ones. SO that's why Disney need to re-make and let more people to watch it. Re-make also help Disney to get more incomes. However, at the same time, we love to watch.

• Disney Is Only Trying To Appeal To Others

Many people have different opinions and they don't like the classics. Disney wants to appeal to every viewers taste of movies and give the old a new life. New remakes of movies may not be official classics now, but later both the new and old will be history for they carry on the same plot and give a positive message. New twists may be added, but that doesn't take away the originality of the story. A book can also be a good alternative because the only thing that would appeal to the senses of a reader would be the cover. And not the graphics for it doesn't have any.

• Its their storie

They can re make stuff that is their own like Cinderella and beauty and the beast so they can as many remakes as they want and this is the first remake for Cinderella and beauty and the beast that I know of. So I don't think that the remake too many.

• Re-makes are adjusted the world we live in

Movies like Cinderella, Jungle Book, Tarzan... Are movies made in previous century and they fit in it perfectly, but clash in many barriers in modern world. Let me explain this in two levels:
    1. Technological way. Before it was enough to see the movie in cinema or ometimes on TV, yes, there were records and DVD, but who is still using them? Ok, maybe DVDs are still, but the reading machines aren't adjusted to them now and the definition is very bad; even getting the movie on DVD if it's really old would make movie look bad. If the studio would want to still keep that movie alive it'd have to re-make the whole movie again, which would be equal to making it over again.
    2. People's minds. Let me explain this on an example of Disney Princesses. We all know the really old ones like Snow White or Cinderella live only for marrying a man and doing Works around the house. When they first came out it was cute and nothing contrevercial, but in modern days where we know women a't just there to cook and have kids it's not very accaptable. As the Disney makes a re-make of e Disney princess it's given a chance to fix this mistake and send more positive massage to Young girls.
    3. Re-make are more realistic. Let me ge back to Princesses. They have perfect body, really long hair and are beautiful-perfect in every acpect. When you're d it with animation you can do that, but when you have an actor/actress you have to work with that and actresses aren't usually as perect as cartoon princesses, but that's ok! It shows girls how a real person can be beautiful so they stop wishing t have weist slimmer than their head is

• The originals are too old in a lot of espects

• Same Stories? Psha man, that right there is some bs... Some bull shizzles.

Disney makes the best movies... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..

• Why not have a remake?

They are different even though it is the same story. With a new version you can see which one you like better and maybe spot some differences. I don't love the ariana grande and John legend song especially ariana grande but I love beauty and the beast's be our guest. It is one of my fav. Disney song ever!!

• What else have they remade?

I don't hear of too many remakes of recent Disney movies so I'm okay with Beauty and the Beast being remade. Disney could update some of the stories, like they did with Maleficient, and make them more empowering for girls. I wouldn't want my daughter watching a movie that tells her all she has to do in life is wait for Prince Charming. I guess it's time for more remakes then.

• It's been over 20 years since the last version of Beauty and the Beast.

A new generation is ready for a retelling of this classic story, as the children of the last version are now adults with children of their own. The last version of Beauty and the Beast was a huge success, both financially and critically for Disney, and the studio has a guaranteed market in the children of the adults who loved the story as children themselves. It makes perfect sense to revive this timeless tale that hopefully, will be told for generations to come.