Hillsborough disaster 25th anniversary marked by thousands of mourners at Liverpool's Anfield Stadium: Do Americans even understand what happened during the Hillsborough disaster?

• Without a doubt, it was horrible

My heart definitely goes out to those who suffered. That being said, the comment of Americans understanding Liverpool. Well, like no s--t. Aren't we their biggest allies to begin with them. Them and Edinburgh. Isn't it the Highlands and southern England that we take a s--t on racially and ethnicially, calling them "immoral Catholic scum"? Isn't most of America descended from the Scots-Irish anyhow.

So I think I'm in lalaland. The north of England and south of Scotland are one of America's most beloved allies. When the southern English immigrants came looking for work in the brutal factories of New York and New Jersey, they were spit on and hated. So this question is bizarre to begin with. Not to mention that the north of England and lowlands of Scotland were the ones behind the murderous and bloody British Empire. Greedy bloats.

• Americans, unless they look things up, wouldn't know this as common knowledge

This was a horrible disaster, but mainly for the UK. Would disasters like this in the US make its way into common knowledge for people living in the UK? It all comes down to where you are and how much you know, as it is horrible but not something that the average American would know without research.

• This Disaster is Not Common Knowledge

Americans generally do not understand what happened during the Hillsborough disaster. This is not a general lesson taught in American grade schools or high schools. If one is learning about European history as a major in college, this topic is more than likely addressed. But the general population is most likely not aware. All cultures have disasters that people in other countries do not hear about.

• No We Don't

As an American, I have no idea what happened at Hillborough and that's after reading a news article about this anniversary. I would have been five at the time and the article didn't even mention what actually happened. I think news outlets need to remember how to write an article that can get information out to people.

• Americans don 't understand

I am American and have never heard of the Hillsborough disaster. I do not know what happened, when it happened and where it happen. I feel that if I am unaware of this incident then most Americans also do not know what happened, let alonf understand what happened twenty-five years ago.

• No, Americans Do Not Grasp The Horror That Happened In Hillsborough

What happened in Hillsborough is some what of a mystery to me. I live in America and up until now I did not even realize the effect of what this event did to the people and nation. Americans tend to not pay much attention to what really goes on in other countries unless it directly affects them.