Hinduism (yes) vs. Islam (no) - which religion/way of life do you think is most: peaceful, rational, and preferable?

Asked by: AnaghaR
  • We Don't Have as Many Terrorists!

All I have to say is this - we don't have as many terrorists running around and beheading, raping, and shooting people just because they believe they can bend the rules of the Quaran. While I am not trying to say Islam is bad, I would prefer Hinduism. Call me a racist or whatever you want, but I'm sticking to my opinion.

• Tolerance is key

Hinduism has less fanatical beliefs than Islam and has so much peace that it asks Hindus to not even kill an animal for food. In Islam though, it may be peaceful in some ways but when you see what is happening in Islamic nations all around the world, you will be able to see that Hinduism is much more tolerant of all people groups and not that radicalised as Islam is. (This isn't meant to offend anyone because I love all religions and I am a Hindu myself, I hope the middle eastern crisis ends soon!)

• Hinduism is a very peaceful religion

The only reason violence occurred in India was due to the Islamic hoards that tried to kick up a fuss about the way things were going. It's hard to be peaceful when the people around you adhere to a religion (Islam) of pure violence, but all in all the Hindus do a great job of it

• Hinduism is a very peaceful religion

Hinduism is a religion that practices vegetarianism to not harm animals. The religion is based upon the principles of karma and doing good in order to get good karma. And it intertwines everyone together, as everyone is just reincarnated. There is no permanent heaven or hell, we are just reincarnated and the cycle of life continues. It teaches true harmony with people and nature

• It is very peaceful and promotes tolerance.

Hinduism, because there is generally less violence and Hinduism is about peace for all.
    Hinduism is so peaceful that it also encourages people not to eat or harm animals in any way, because they deserve the right to live, just like us.
    Hinduism is also the only way of life that accepts all paths as the correct way to God, showing great tolerance to everyone, no matter their gender, race, etc.

• Both religions have good and bad aspects

I think people often look at examples like Gandhi and assume all Hindus are peaceful and tolerant, while also looking at groups like ISIS or Boko Haram and assuming all Muslims are violent and ignorant. The truth is that both faiths have followers that take their beliefs to fanatical extremes (spoiler alert: so do all other religions). I've been fortunate to have good friends, a couple of them Hindus and several more of them Muslims. They are all incredibly friendly (even with me, a pretty staunch Catholic!).

Mike01506 says2014-10-05T08:32:21.610
Clearly not Islam, since it's so easily interpreted as a fanatical hate for anybody who is non-Muslim.
UtherPenguin says2015-03-05T02:09:20.917
Some flamewar this will eventually breed.